News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MattG3

Member Name: MattG3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

I could see them making Dear Evan Hansen a movie
 Jun 17 2017, 03:27:35 AM

"But really, if they were smart they'd film this with Platt after his departure to preserve his performance and release it at a later date. But that will never happen. "

I dunno. I think they might be thinking about it. Or at least maybe that's just my wishful thinking. They'd be smart to. The producers have been very social media/internet conscious from a marketing standpoint. I could see them doing it, like Disney did with Newsie

Clearing up the foggy situation that is #PassarelleGate
 Jun 16 2017, 06:26:52 PM

broadwaygirl10 said: "Also, the Tony committee refused to let Dolly perform from the Shubert bc they didn't want to start a precedent of shows performing from their theaters."

Having actually watched the Tony's this year because I had my first ever trip to NY in May, so I was excited to really feel a part of the show (saw 6 shows in 5 days, including Dolly, DEH, and Little Foxes). 

I felt like all of the performances were a let d

If you could go back in time and see only one Broadway show, what would it be?
 Jun 15 2017, 01:20:45 AM

I grew up on Phantom and Les Miserables; they were always playing in my house it seemed like. Love them still to this day, but I've seen them so many times I never have to see them again. Ever. 

My choice will always be: Side Show OBC. I was in HS and still wish I could have seen it. It's the first show I remember truly discovering and loving on my own. I even have Ripley and Skinner's duets album. #nerd 

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
 May 31 2017, 12:20:03 AM

sgreen3 said: "I've seen posts in this thread indicating that Dear Evan Hansen is asking for donations even if you send to an individual cast member. Does anyone know if this is the case if you're including the item to be signed as well, or only if you're requesting, for example, a Playbill signed by Ben that you aren't providing? I'm hoping to send LOB cards to Ben, Rachel and Pasek+Paul. Thanks!"

It's now been raised to $75 for a cast signed

May 26 2017, 05:36:07 PM

Well, this was a surprise. I had read on here they were requesting a $40 donation... I just got my envelope and $45 check donation back from Dear Evan Hansen with the following note. Guess it's up to $75 now. Crazy! 

Not quite sure how to attach images, sorry. 

http://imgur.com/55RIlY7

Where's David Hyde Pierce?
 May 10 2017, 10:32:43 PM

Yes, David was at the 2pm matinee. He sounded great! As did Bette, although her speaking voice sounded a little scratchy to me, but that could just be Bette. It was a performance and production NOT to be missed. The definite highlight of day one of my trip!  

Making a donation in honor of a cast member?
 May 4 2017, 01:43:06 AM

PatrickDC said: "This thread is so apropos for DEH and how we all use social media and the e-world to communicate! Part of me -- the cynical side -- thinks was all started by the DEH marketing team! LOL 

To the OP, there was a thread not too long ago here about sending gifts to actors. I imagine the topic has come up on this forum before many times. Anyway, IIRC, the responses were split about 50/50 between sending a gift or sending a thoughtful card. I vote for the l

First Trip to NYC!! Dolly Q
 May 3 2017, 11:51:36 PM

CallMeAl2 said: "JudyDenmark said: "I'd keep checking Telecharge leading up to the night you want to see it. 

That is my standard operating procedure and I almost always get a ticket. That said, Dolly is that Hamilton-like hit that can easily sell a seat way over face value and that means that there is incentive to not put cancellations or house seats in the system but sell them for extra $$. That;s illegal, but when there is h

Any Broadway events, signings, specials or talkbacks next week?
 May 3 2017, 11:42:28 PM

amnerisaida2 said: "I will visit New York from 8th till 14th of May.

Are there any broadway events, signings, specials or talkbacks, .... next week?

What should I visit or where should I go as a big musical lover? (We already have tickets for many shows)

Thank you so much for your help!!

"

Hey, that's when I'm there too! Awesome 

May 1 2017, 10:21:17 PM

JudyDenmark said: "For what it's worth, my last-minute Orchestra Row L was $229, which I think is the normal Telecharge price on that seat. There were a few available in the same batch at $189 as well, just not as good seats. I don't know that I'd pay absurd resale or premium prices, but I think $229 was a worthwhile splurge for the quality of this show. "

Oh, I totally agree. I'd pay 189 or 230 for a decent seat in the orchestra. Just not 8

May 1 2017, 10:01:24 PM

amaklo said: "I agree to keep checking Telecharge.  I don't know about Dolly tickets, but I kept watch on Ticketmaster for a Hamilton ticket when an extra family member decided to join our trip.  A couple of premium seats popped up on the site three days before the show.  Granted, they were ridiculously expensive, but so were all the seats available on Stubhub, and they weren't as good as the Ticketmaster premium seats.  

I saw Dolly last weeken

Apr 30 2017, 09:47:09 PM

BwayMark2 said: "Hey Matt.   If you're looking for Sat. 5/6, I have an extra ticket for the 8pm show.  Center Orch Row P Seat 106.   Asking face value of $189 plus fees.   Just reply to this message if it works for you.   Mark. 

"

Hey Mark, so kind of you! I'm actually in town the following weekend. 

Apr 30 2017, 07:49:03 PM

Hey all!

New message board poster here (lurker for years)! Finally making it to Broadway this next month! I've read almost this whole thread... my Q is when you write the stage manager can you only request a playbill? What if I sent a poster for everyone to sign, is that a no no? After they receive your donation, does the SM take the playbill around to get signatures or do they just send one from a stack of already signed bills? I'd love to have a signed poster to frame to

Apr 30 2017, 07:43:58 PM

Hey everyone!

So, I'm making my long-awaited first trip to NY the week after next. I couldn't be more excited! I have all my tickets except Saturday night. I had wanted to see Dolly but tickets have been sold out for ages. Dolly holds a special place in my heart since it was the first show I was in in high school. My Q is, has anyone had any luck with the ticket broker sites and should I just bite the bullet and pay? $350+ for balcony seats... I wish I could get c

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You