News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theater_tech

Member Name: theater_tech
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread  Apr 20 2019, 01:43:29 PM

Am I going to have to start emotionally preparing myself for Chavkin losing again?

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) - Rush Updates  Mar 27 2019, 12:19:11 AM

Any recent updates? Deciding whether to just fork $165 for this "Squip Zone" seating they promote. 

Be More Chill Stagedoor/Performance Appearances  Mar 26 2019, 11:52:36 PM

Any reports on what the stage door's been like? Is it a circus like I would expect?

buying "The Light in the Piazza" windowcard  Oct 27 2018, 07:43:37 PM

Anyone selling a "The Light in the Piazza" window card? Looking for cheaper options than the one in Triton Gallery. Thanks!

PLAYBILL Covers of the 2017-2018 Season  Feb 28 2018, 10:02:45 PM
It could be a cover for a pamphlet discussing domestic abuse/couple’s counseling you see in clinics.
Disappointing Broadway show(s) of this decade?  Feb 3 2018, 02:16:06 AM

Rainah said: "in terms of reception/length of run, Comet. It truly wasn't the controversy that closed the show, the public just did not embrace it as much as it really deserved and they couldn't find their audience."

Yes, this is true, but it would not have ended that early if the controversy did not happen. Most importantly, it would not have ended the way it had, in a midst of a pointless controversy, to inflate some SJW's egos on twitter, that ove

Fastest win to EGOT LMM or Pasek/Paul  Jan 28 2018, 08:00:05 PM
At this rate, I won’t be surprised if Pasek and Paul nabs the EGOT first. It frustrates me to no end, because, although I do think they are talented composers, their scores and lyrics are absolutely nothing special and quite repetitive. They are just brilliant in pandering to the mainstream audience AND finding collaborators whose works are much better than theirs (Chazelle for ‘La La Land’; Levenson’s book for DEH). And, yes, Lin has the PEGOT and that all what truly matters, no matter who get
Window card frames  Jan 15 2018, 03:57:54 PM

I purchase my window card frames from Amazon. Here's the link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H4Z7CZE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You get two of them per bundle for $26. They fit perfectly for those 14x22 window cards, and they are also very, very light. 

I use "Command Picture & Frame Hanging Strips, Large" to hang them up. I cut them in half (vertically), then paste them on the back of the frame. They are very sturdy and easily peels off without leaving any damage on the wall. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PLVLD86/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best understudy you've ever seen?  Jan 15 2018, 03:46:38 PM

Lauren Zakrin as Natasha in Comet.

The first time I saw Comet (0 knowledge of the show), she was on, and I was blown away by her performance. I said to my friend, "SHE'S the understudy??"

I saw Denee when I saw Comet for the second time, but I still prefer Lauren as Natasha. 

Who is the greatest performer to have ever graced the broadway stage?  Dec 18 2017, 04:34:33 AM

The lack of Kelli O'Hara is killing me 

Sending goodies to actors  Dec 10 2017, 01:23:08 AM

booze...?

Bette's cake - no Happy Birthday?  Dec 4 2017, 06:30:23 PM

Fordham2015 said: "Betsy will replace the cake, and then she herself will be replaced three weeks later by Mandy Patinkin"

Don't forget robot Hal Prince

If you can change ONE dd  Nov 30 2017, 11:32:51 PM
Eliminating/reducing “The Private and Intimate Life of the House” and “Natasha & Bolkonskys” in Great Comet. I’ve pondered and observed EVERY aspect of the show yet still can’t wrap my head on the importance of these two songs, especially the former. Maybe someone can help me out.

Also, cause I apparently have nothing better to do, I read the comments from Isherwood’s NY Time’s review of the show. Goddamn, people really need to grow a pair over the strobe lights thing. I sat on one of t

Great Comet wins Smithsonian Ingenuity award  Nov 30 2017, 01:19:13 PM

Lin-Manuel also made a special appearance and sang his version of "Sonya Alone". 

https://twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/status/936211174428938241

https://twitter.com/higdondrake/status/936218040387145729

"And I remember this musical
I remember their brilliance
And I might never sleep again..."

Great Comet wins Smithsonian Ingenuity award  Nov 29 2017, 07:24:31 PM

Thanks to the Smithsonian for doing something the Tonys, Grammys, and Broadway in general, failed to do: appeciate two geniuses.

Guess it really does take rocket science to figure that out.

Looking forward to those instagram stories from the cast again. It’s been too long.

Grammy Award for Best Musical Theatre Album 2018  Nov 28 2017, 04:06:33 PM

JBroadway said: "Assuming this will go to DEH automatically given the nominees, and the fact that Pasek & Paul seem to be on a winning spree.They will have won an undeserved Oscar, an undeserved Tony, and an undeserved Grammy all in the span of a year. That's quite an achievement!"

HAHAHHAHAHAHAA

This is one of the best comments I've read on this message board. Kudos to you, sir.

And they took it from three DIFFERENT people as well. 

Grammy Award for Best Musical Theatre Album 2018  Nov 28 2017, 10:59:55 AM
At this point, Great Comet not getting something/being robbed is so second nature to me that I feel nothing.

Once again, Come From Away continues to get overwhelming praise that surprise me. (I could also add this isn’t the first time they’ve robbed Great Comet’s award (cough) rachel chavkin (cough), but that’s just me being incredibly salty)

I kept looking for a “see more” button on my phone till I realized it was only 3 nominees.

Grammy Award for Best Musical Theatre Album 2018  Nov 25 2017, 07:21:40 AM

Sunday blows the others out of the water; it should win, and deservedly so. 

Although deep down in my heart I hope Comet wins, or a nomination at least, so they can all get, especially Dave Malloy, something after they've been ****ed so hard at the Tonys (and everything that happened afterwards). 

Actors / Actresses that should've won a Tony  Nov 23 2017, 01:16:13 AM

christ, people, if you're so bothered by this thread then just move along.

The usual: Danny Burstein, Christopher Fitzgerald, Andy Karl (saw GHD with minimal expectations but was I blown away by his performance)

Rachel Bay Jones 100% deserves that Tony, but I will argue that Brittain Ashford should've been nominated until the day I die. 

Favorite Costumes on Broadway  Nov 23 2017, 01:03:21 AM

God bless you for opening this thread.

My favorite costume designers are currently Catherine Zuber and Paloma Young. Catherine Zuber is amazing for those old-fasion, classic revivals while Paloma Young tends to play around with more experimental stuff. I've never been disappointed with any of their designs even if I think the show itself is below subpar (Warpaint for Zuber; Bandstand for Young). 

I think Paloma should've won the Tony

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You