News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Woland

Member Name: Woland
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dragon Spring Phoenix Rising at The Shed
 Jun 22 2019, 02:08:45 PM

Opening night is this coming Thursday. Has anyone here seen it in previews?

The Great Comet appreciation thread
 Sep 3 2017, 02:40:14 PM

I stumbled upon Great Comet quite accidentally. I was reading the NY Post on the subway in the fall of 2012, and I don't even usually read their theater reviews. But something about the photo or the headline caught my eye, and I read the rave that they gave this very strange-sounding show at a theater I'd never heard of -- Ars Nova. As soon as I got to work, I bought four tickets.

It was a cold and snowy November night when I saw the show, which of course made perfect sense. It

Great Comet Scheduled Substitutions
 Aug 9 2017, 12:59:22 AM

leighmiserables said: "About a week ago Shoba Narayan said she'd be on for Natasha either the 19th or the 20th."

Thanks for the info. I'm actually looking at the following week, when Dave Malloy will be playing Pierre. Hopefully Denee will be on that same night.

Or maybe Phillipa Soo will make a surprise appearance. That would be pretty amusing, and pretty amazing. Let's start a rumor!

Best banquet seats?
 Aug 9 2017, 12:41:43 AM

Thanks very much for the quick replies about stage left and stage right of the banquet seats. Super helpful. I'm going to get three separate pairs of seats on stage right. It sounds like these are a touch better, and it will be fun for everyone to have slightly different experiences sitting in various rows.

Best banquet seats?
 Aug 9 2017, 12:08:45 AM

I'm going to take a bunch of friends to see Great Comet before it closes, and I've got a few options for banquet seats. If I buy seats in Row BD, even numbers, all six of us can sit together. On the odd-numbered side, there are three pairs of banquet seats in various rows. Do people here think that one side of the banquets is radically better than the other, or not really?

Great Comet Scheduled Substitutions
 Aug 9 2017, 12:04:07 AM

I'm going to take a bunch of friends to see Great Comet before it closes, and I wondered if there were any performances that Denee Benton always skips. Would it be safer to attend on a Tuesday or a Thursday if I wanted to make sure she was performing? Or does she usually play every performance unless she's particularly wiped out one night?

Tony Awards Pop-Up Shop?
 Jun 11 2017, 03:16:57 PM

Also http://tonyawardsstore.com/

Where To Sit?
 Jun 2 2017, 11:47:55 PM

Mlee3 said: "I have the opportunity to sit Row B center Orchestra and row b center front mezzanine for a showing of The Great Comet and was just wondering what the best view would be?"

I would definitely sit in Row B of the mezzanine over Row B of the Orchestra. Row B of the Orchestra is too far forward for this show, since so much of the action will happen behind you. I actually sat in Row B of the mezzanine a few weeks ago and it was great. 

Great Comet recording
 May 19 2017, 11:57:13 PM

Skimbleshanks2 said: "DENEE's "No One Else" is sooo beautiful -- better than PHILLIPA SOO's nasally version."

I love both versions but I'm never surprised when someone really prefers Soo or Benton. Here's a great video mash-up of the two of them singing No One Else live side-by-side. Check it out:  Soo and Benton No One Else

A year of musicals, sparked by Hamilton
 May 19 2017, 11:47:37 PM

For me, it was Great Comet. I saw it pretty much by accident at Ars Nova on a cold and snowy November night. It was an astonishing experience, and it reignited my interest in live theater which had been pretty dormant for quite a while. I've seen a ton of shows since then, and it all started because of that one thrilling night. 

I agree that this is a great thread! It really does take just one show to really hit you and give you the urge to see more.&n

Since we know Oak Onaodowan will be the next Pierre, who would make good replacements for Natasha and Anatole?
 May 19 2017, 11:36:09 PM

Do you think the producers will feel the need to cast a star (from the general public's point of view) to play Natasha, in the way that Josh Groban has been so important to Comet's initial Broadway run? Or does the show itself have enough momentum at this point to carry it through 2018 with Oak as Pierre, and a Natasha who's perhaps well-known only in the theater community? Also, does Denee Benton have a firm end date, or might she play

Natasha Pierre and the Great Comet Of 1812 Seating
 May 12 2017, 10:45:47 PM

reginula said: "Speaking of Great Comet seating, (I asked this on the other thread, but maybe someone here may know), does anyone have any comments on the little Rear Mezz runway? My seats are on Sec 3, Row E, so I think I'm right in front of it.  Thanks in advance."

I saw Great Comet recently in Row E of the upper mezzanine and I thought my seat was great. I was on the left side (when facing the stage) on the aisle. Since I went specifically

Will Great Comet Take Best Score This Year?
 May 10 2017, 09:35:02 AM

pupscotch said: "I sure hope it will! Dave Malloy has been releasing daily playlists of his inspiration for every song, and it's really amazing how he melded so many elements and different styles of music to make it as authentic as possible, and it paid off tremendously. Malloy has achieved something incredible with this score, and I truly believe he deserves this award."

Where has Dave Malloy been releasing his playlists? Would love to hear what inspired each so

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You