News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Melanie73

Member Name: Melanie73
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sony Hall?  May 4 2018, 10:06:40 AM

Sorry, my mistake; it's $20 extra for seated.  I'm looking at the Adam Pascal/Anthony Rapp show in December.

Another question, if you don't mind: how did you dress when you went to this venue?  Not sure how well people need to be dressed here.  Thank you again!

A Bronx Tale Seating Question?  May 4 2018, 08:43:58 AM

As far as the balcony in general, the view really isn't that bad, except for the few seats that are behind some relatively thin support beams.  I unfortunately don't know the exact seat numbers for those, but I believe that if you go for the front and/or center for each section, you should be fine!

Sony Hall?  May 4 2018, 08:26:23 AM

Hi everyone,

I know it hasn't been open for very long, but have any of you gone to a show at Sony Hall yet?  I was considering buying tickets for a show, but the seating chart isn't that descriptive, and I'm not sure how the views of the seats are.  Specifically, I'm mostly wondering where the standing room section is, and whether it's a huge difference view-wise to spend the ~$15 extra to get a "General Admission-seated" ticket.

Thank you

Show recs for non-theatre loving hubby  Apr 17 2018, 09:26:32 PM

Lobby Hero is a great show, BUT it is really heavy/dark material.  Not sure if that's something he might like, but that's something to consider.

Honestly, I would recommend Bronx Tale.  A lot of friends of mine -- some of whom don't tend to like theatre/musical theatre very much -- enjoyed the show quite a lot.  It's also pretty easy to get rush tickets!  The only thing is that I haven't seen the show since the new lead stepped in, but I would im

West Side Story concert at the Kennedy Center  Feb 22 2018, 05:31:17 PM

I was fortunate to be able to go on Saturday night, and wow, it was an all-around fabulous production!  I used to be a classical musician, so it's always a treat for me to see performances like this with a full orchestra.  But like @MCfan2 said, Corey Cott's "Maria" was, without exaggeration, the single most beautiful thing I've probably ever experienced.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/21/18  Jan 23 2018, 09:48:37 PM

Last performance week, Bronx Tale promised to donate $4 from every seat sold to the victims of the recent Bronx Fire.  I'm sure that encouraged a lot of people to see the show; that was certainly the case for me.

Is this discount website legit?  Dec 12 2017, 05:57:33 PM

I actually tried them once maybe a year or so ago.  I purchased the cheapest option (I think it was maybe $70-something?) for the show I wanted to see, and I paid with PayPal, and it actually worked out very smoothly for me.  I found out what seats I got maybe a day or so after the purchase, and the tickets were at the box office for me to pick up on the day of the show.

I can't make any promises that it works this way all the time, but my one experience was very smooth a

What does one wear to a show at 54 Below?  Dec 11 2017, 12:31:24 AM

Thank you so much, ladies!  That was very helpful!  Let's see what I'll be able to throw together...  Hahaha.

What does one wear to a show at 54 Below?  Dec 8 2017, 05:15:26 PM

Hi everyone,

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm attending a show at 54 Below in the middle of January, and I'm having a little trouble thinking of what to wear.  I pretty much never had to dress up in the middle of winter before, so I was wondering if you ladies could help suggest clothing/outfit ideas for me?  If it helps, I'll be walking and taking public transport through the city to get to the venue.

Thank you!

54 Below Seating  Nov 21 2017, 03:28:05 AM

Hi everyone,

I just had a few questions about the seating options, if anyone can help.

1. If cost were no issue, and you don't mind socializing with strangers, would you prefer ringside seats or bar rail seats, and why?

2. I noticed that there are two seating charts on their website.  They look very similar, except for one of them, it looks like part of the "main dining room" (toward the back, and some tables toward stage left) is marked as "VIP.&q

Derek&Christy  Nov 14 2017, 02:28:46 PM

To my understanding, contracts are usually for one year from first preview, so I expect that they'll both be in until at least toward the end of March!

RUSH Tonight 11/14  Nov 14 2017, 02:26:02 PM

I would try either Play That Goes Wrong or Bronx Tale!  I've personally been able to get rush tickets late in the day for both of these shows, and I thought they were both fantastic!

Easy Rushes  Nov 11 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Play That Goes Wrong originally had one show on Wednesday and two shows on Sunday, but they switched to the "traditional" schedule after the cast change!  So yes, they will have matinee and evening performances on Wednesdays!

Easy Rushes  Nov 10 2017, 10:46:36 PM

OP, to answer your question about Bronx Tale, it is (in my opinion) definitely worth it to rush!  Adam Kaplan just stepped into the lead role this week, so I don't know if that's affected the ease of attaining rush tickets at all, but as of last week, it was definitely possible to get rush tickets even after the box office opened, especially on weekdays!

Band's Visit Seating Q  Nov 10 2017, 10:32:13 PM

I honestly think front mezzanine would be great for this show!  I saw the show from the extreme side on house left, and I still didn't even mind the view.  I definitely agree that close up is better for this show, but I think front row mezzanine would be quite a good view, and it would still allow you to feel close to the actors.

ANASTASIA Rush  Oct 26 2017, 01:25:30 PM

CarmenA3 said: "Melanie73: Did you mean to say 9:15? I was the second person in line today :)

I did Rush today (Thurs, 10/26), here's my experience:

I wasthere at 8am and was second in line. Next person to join came at 9, the fourth shortly after that. Slow additions until 10am, when there were 8 or 9 people in line. Interesting that the line didn't really get crowded until after 9am. Could it be b/c it's a new Rush or it's Thurs?

The

ANASTASIA Rush  Oct 26 2017, 10:33:31 AM

I made a little detour this morning to pass by the Broadhurst Theatre just out of curiosity, and at 9:15, there were four people in line.

The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced  Oct 25 2017, 11:23:18 AM

cmstygar said: "Thanks! Could you see okay from there? There aren't many orchestra or even frontmezz seats left on the night we are looking at. I've never been able to figure out if theatres just use whatever seats areleft that dayfor Rush tickets or if they hold tickets back specifically for Rush? Or maybe it changes from show to show/theatre to theatre. Just trying to decide if it's worth it to rush for not-optimal seats, if the sightline is strongly impacted,or wait un

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions  Oct 24 2017, 11:49:48 AM

pnewelljr said: "Anyone able to swap a Thursday seat for Wednesday one (I need the Wed one)?"

I PM'ed you!

ILLYRIA Previews  Oct 22 2017, 11:57:29 PM

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts so early!  I was just wondering, how was the lottery experience? How many people were able to get the free tickets?

Thanks!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You