News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Racetrack

Racetrack Profile Photo
Member Name: Racetrack
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I'm a student in high school who is very involved with theatre and has loved it since the first grade. I can remember my first play I ever saw was Jack and the Beanstalk and it was okay. I have a friend who performs with opera companies in NY. That's about it so far. And like any other high school student I should be working on my homework, but I'm here so that's okay.

And who is now completely done with College Application stuff. Whoohoo! Now it's up to the gods what happens next and what schools I get into. Eh worry about that later. Please Cornish or Western...
Racetrack

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What Actor Was So Good They Made You Cry?
 Nov 12 2006, 03:39:04 PM
Hugh Panaro in Company when he sang Being Alive. I think I was the only one around me crying. Lol.
re: Rate the musical above you.
 May 20 2006, 01:16:19 PM

Assassins

re: amy spanger and stephen lynch are amazing!!!
 May 3 2006, 07:09:55 PM
Stephen was awesome.
re: Les Miserables: Complete Symphonic Cast vs. All Star Cast
 May 3 2006, 06:55:15 PM
The first recording I got was the London, but I much prefer the TAC. I felt it was better. I like the CSR too, but Gary Morris(I'm sure he's better in person) just got on my nerves and Tracy Shayne is okay, but I prefer Judy Kuhn. I like Frances, but her voice doesn't wow me like other Eponines have. If it's complete show you want go with CSR, but TAC just has a better cast for me. Alun Armstrong and Jenny Galloway as the Thenardiers is great, Philip Quast as Javert, Ruthie Henshall, and I
re: a CHORUS LINE thought
 Apr 30 2006, 01:37:52 AM
I agree with Bobby and everyone else. I think the revival could be great and just because it's set in the seventies doesn't mean the references need to be changed. I think any person would understand that it's set at a different point in time and it's fine. It's not that hard.
re: Little Shop help!
 Apr 14 2006, 12:20:38 AM
Everyone already said what I would have said. I only disagree with the two previous posters. I acutally like the Broadway recording better because I'm neither a fan of Lee Wilkoff(original Seymour) or Ellen Greene. But the best Audrey I've seen was Tari Kelly. She nailed that role.
re: Wedding Singer Review for Wed. 4/5
 Apr 7 2006, 12:45:55 AM
I'm glad to hear you liked it. I liked it when it was here and Stephen Lynch was funny and good in the role.
re: Here's a question..
 Apr 2 2006, 02:31:19 PM
There are too many to choose three.

Les Miserables
Rent
Sweeney Todd/West Side Story

Little Shop of Horrors
Lion King
Miss Saigon

re: Les Miz 10th Anniversary
 Mar 1 2006, 01:13:16 AM
Well I prefer Lea to Frances regardless. As many have said I do not recall Frances being asked to do it.
re: How The Wedding Singer Can Be Fixed
 Feb 26 2006, 12:28:48 AM
The audience I was with really seemed to be into it. Although I was the only one in my section to get the Taboo joke, but that makes sense too. I think the piece as much as I enjoyed it does need work and can improve. Stephen Lynch is hilarious just in his own stuff and he could be a hell of a lot funnier if he were allowed to cut loose a little more.

Seriously though is there one person who like "My Eight Men"? Could live without that one. I think the score is really good and I

re: Kudos to anthony rapp.. his book is sold out everywhere lol
 Feb 26 2006, 12:21:43 AM
Wow. That's really cool. Guess glad I got one when I did.
re: Dreaminaret's Review of 'WITHOUT YOU' (very few [if any] spoilers)
 Feb 5 2006, 02:48:53 PM
Haven't gotten the chance to read it yet, but I got it for my boyfriend for Valentines(don't ask me why) and maybe before Saturday I'll get a peak or two through the book.
re: Little Shop Revival Cast Recording
 Dec 31 2005, 01:25:01 AM
No offense to Ellen fans, I think her acting is good, but I can't abide her voice. She's just too over the top for me to the point where I can't stand it. I honestly like Tari Kelly the best. Her voice is the best in my opinion and she isn't annoying or over the top.

re: What CD's are planning on adding to you musical collection this X-Mas ?
 Dec 24 2005, 08:21:23 PM
Wow I've found people that actually like The Fix. I haven't met many who like it.
re: Is Rent appropriate?
 Nov 23 2005, 07:37:28 PM
I think if she understands what's going on and is okay with what happens in the story it's perfectly fine. If I had a fourteen year old and they wanted to see it I would let them. It's a beautiful movie that makes a beautiful message. It's wonderful. Highly recommended.
Movie!!
 Nov 23 2005, 06:59:12 PM
Everybody was wonderful! Great job! Thanks so much for entertaining us for over two hours and we loved every minute of it. Congratulations to all of you on a job well done. And to Wilson who was incredible in those damned heels.
wow
 Nov 23 2005, 06:57:12 PM
Wow! Amazing! That was so much fun. Anthony. My boyfriend and I saw it today and were completely amazed and astounded. The audience was on the small side but I think mostly because it was a Wednesday and lots were working or going to school. We only bumped into one other Renthead and we mooed. Just the three of us. But regardless I think the audience was pretty well receiving of the film. People got up to go to the bathroom but no body actually left the theatre for good. There were qui
re: Rent attendance anecdotes
 Nov 22 2005, 11:57:22 PM
Won't be able to report until tomorrow.
From Jimbo in White Plains
 Nov 21 2005, 07:55:07 PM
This is getting frustrating with this on here and on imdb. Wait until the movie comes out and then judge. Going off of the words of others is not always the best policy. Just be patient and wait until Wednesday. This conversation is getting a little old and tired.
RENT movie review
 Nov 20 2005, 07:29:41 PM
I applaud you doing that especially with a bunch of second graders. You have more courage than me. I don't know if I can teach elementary school. But anyways good luck with that.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You