News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WaffleOnWheels

Member Name: WaffleOnWheels
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Mistakes on cast albums  Aug 27 2019, 03:41:07 PM

On the Wicked album, during "What Is This Feeling?" I always notice how the orchestra (more specifically a violin) gets momentarily out of sync with the singing at around 2:13.

COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater  Aug 12 2019, 12:18:07 PM

At first I was very skeptical about the suggestion at first, but now I cannot stop thinking about Katrina Lenk as Bobbie. She would be thrilling.

The Prom Will Close 8/11  Jun 19 2019, 09:07:26 PM

Just saw this last Saturday's matinee. Caitlin Kinnunen was out, but her understudy was fantastic, and the Broadway stars were knocking it out of the park. (Leavel still has that voice!)  It wasn't nearly a full house, but everyone (most everyone) who was there was loving it and into it 100%. I was personally near hysterics by the end. I don't know what it was but it felt like the fastest 2 and a half hours in the theater I've ever had. I beg anyone on the fence to g

2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread  Jun 9 2019, 11:09:09 PM

I mean, I can't complain about any of these results, but man was that unexciting.

2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread  Jun 9 2019, 08:51:34 PM

Wow what a speech Andre De Shields. 

Hoping for some upsets tonight for a fun Tony TV show.  Jun 9 2019, 11:11:04 AM

I think tonight will be a very interesting show. I feel as though there are very few categories that are "locks". Sure, there are many frontrunners but very few that are so far ahead that an upset isn't possible. And then we have categories like Featured Actress in a Musical which in my opinion is literally a 50/50, and featured actor in a play which could go to literally any of the 5 in my opinion.

Tony Awards Student Tickets  Jun 6 2019, 12:44:42 PM

I echo that if anyone is going and picks up a second ticket, I'd by very happy to pay back. Heck, I'd pay you back more than the ticket value.

Drama Desk Reactions  Jun 2 2019, 08:34:29 PM

It does seem as though Drama Desk is tweeting the results out live on twitter if anyone wants to follow there.

Drama Desk Reactions  Jun 2 2019, 08:09:26 PM

There hasn't been any word from The Drama Desks or BroadwayNews (Who are the sponsors this year). In past years Theatermania sponsored, and that's where we previously got the live stream, so that explains the lack of one this year.

Drama Desk Reactions  Jun 2 2019, 08:04:22 PM

Even though we can't watch the show (boo), I figured we could still have a place to react to the winners.

Best Featured Actor in a Play?  May 19 2019, 06:22:01 PM

The featured actor in a play category to me is seeming like one of the tightest races we've seen in several years (although I think it is comparable to Best Actor in a Musical from last year), in which I could see any of the nominees taking the award. Anyone have thoughts on this race?

Beauty and the Beast Revival Coming To Broadway  Apr 24 2019, 12:57:27 PM

How about Denee Benton?

MEH-ry Poppins  Dec 27 2018, 09:01:48 PM

Caught this today and overall had a really great time. 

Cast was uniformly excellent. Emily Blunt was stunning, if not given quite enough to do and work off of. Comparisons to Julie Andrews are pointless, as Julie had better, more memorable material to work off of (and, well, she's Julie Andrews) but Emily has made her own mark on a role that was seemingly owned by Dame Andrews.Spectacular singing from her as well. I enjoyed Lin Manuel-Miranda MUCH more than I thought I w

BE MORE CHILL to open at the Lyceum in February 2019  Sep 5 2018, 05:43:43 PM

I'm honestly a little frightened of what could happen if (likely) this doesn't do well at the Tony's. It was pretty bad last year and neither Spongebob or Mean Girls had quite this level of social media presence. 

Need ideas for female trio piece for thespians  Sep 5 2018, 08:44:02 AM

You could drive a person crazy from Company

Renee Fleming: A Real Pro  Sep 3 2018, 08:21:35 PM

I heard she also got very extended entrance applause. She deserves it!

Potential Theatres for  Aug 29 2018, 08:04:19 AM

Don't you think the Kerr is too intimate? It seats less than 1 thousand, and unless something big changes (Which I doubt) this production of Moulin Rouge seems to be putting spectacle over intimacy. 

Waitress broadway Dr. Pomatter  Aug 27 2018, 08:31:58 AM

Henry Gottfried played his final show last night, so I think it's fair to say that who ever the next Pomatter is is not a big name. Perhaps Drew is coming back again?

Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly  Aug 26 2018, 05:31:22 PM

I'm skeptical yet optimistic about Buckley's Dolly. It seems like odd casting for sure, but Buckley's work in the past has been superb enough I have no reason to believe she won't be able to pull this off. 

Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly  Aug 26 2018, 04:47:01 PM

The tour is previewing in Utica, not Schenectady. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You