News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for phantomcrazy14

phantomcrazy14 Profile Photo
Member Name: phantomcrazy14
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What the hell is with all the pro-trump advertising here?  Apr 3 2020, 03:02:23 AM
I’ve noticed in the last couple days a lot of my ads have been the classic “Meet A Ukrainian Woman Near You!” And stuff like that. Seeing as how I’m a gay male, I don’t think my search history/cookies would lead to that advertising. But maybe they’re trying to turn me
Slave Play Rush Tickets  Sep 26 2019, 07:38:41 AM
While the weekend may have been a long line, I rushed yesterday and got there at 9:58 and was only sixth in line. It was a Wednesday, so with the two shows I had no problem getting a ticket. As far as I saw everyone who rushed was front row
Audience Having a Bad Time?  Jul 22 2019, 10:40:50 AM

I only remember two shows of late.

At MTC's Saint Joan the audience thinned a little during intermission and me and my friend were determined to stick it out. During Act II people started to get up to leave mid-performance and it started a ripple effect where every ten minutes or so you'd see someone else scuttle out without returning. Then, when you thought it was over and that awful final scene started multiple people around us let out sighs or groans which then resulted

Your Theatre Year In Review 2018  Dec 22 2018, 11:13:06 AM

Love this idea!

I saw 30 shows this year.

Angels in America was one of the most incredible theatre experiences of my life, I would go as far to say that it was life changing to me. On a totally different level, Spongebob was pure joy and I loved the whole show.

Least favorite goes to Saint Joan (low-budget high school level at its best), Ruben & Clay's Christmas bore, and honestly, besides Bryan Cranston, I was disappointed by Network.

I was pleasantly surp

Ideas for Displaying Playbills  Dec 10 2018, 04:44:35 PM

This may not be the most original idea, but my friend has multiple rows of utility cord strung on the wall above his bed and he hangs the Playbills centerfold on it. It's really cool how it covers the wall, and makes it easy to read them. Only downside is they are horizontal, not sure if that would bother you. 

Which role has the shortest on stage time?  Oct 23 2018, 09:46:37 AM
The male prostitute in Six Degrees of Separation. He literally was onstage naked for a minute if that, and had one line of dialogue which was a nice "F... You" I remember when the show ended and he came out at curtain call I was shocked that he had never made a reappearance
Bad or odd set designs  Sep 4 2018, 03:33:36 PM

One idea I never quite understood was the decision to make the floor for A Doll's House: Part 2 that orange carpeting. Not only was it unappealing to look at (and probably annoying to light), it just made no sense as to why it was that color. I could accept the marquee drop down letters that spelled the show title, but for some reason that carpet really took me out of it. The show blended period and contemporary but that carpet made no sense.

Mean Girls projections/LE

Question about stubhub for broadway tickets  May 3 2018, 02:48:52 PM

@TheCooler, I'm not 100% positive, but seeing as how most theatre's don't like when people purchase from secondary markets I'm not sure that your theory is correct.

However, when you do make a listing, it will fall off at a certain point close to the show unless you have the tickets uploaded or dropped off at the pickup office. And a lot of times those crazy priced ones are just sellers seeing if people will be dumb enough to buy it.

Angels in America rush reports  Apr 20 2018, 11:02:13 AM

Brad4815 said: "Not sure if it's been mentioned, but looks like the lottery ticket prices went up? I could've sworn they were $74 for combined at one point. Maybe before it opened. Fingers crossed I'm trying to see tomorrow's marathon."

That's correct. When I rushed on Wednesday I purchased rush tickets to both parts and it was a total of $90 which took me by surprise. I'm obviously very thankful they offer a rush, but they should update that

Harry Potter/ summer shows  Feb 6 2018, 09:37:38 AM
Someone else can use the link (at least to my knowledge). I used my friends last time because her time was earlier than mine and she was in class so I went in on my account with her code.
Shows You Grew to Dislike After Being Involved With a Production of It?  Jan 7 2018, 01:13:07 PM
So this is going back, but in middle school the first production we did was great, the director had full on sets and lighting and costume changes.

Then the next year, a new director took over and she changed it to the whole cast sitting on the steps of the stage the whole time staring off into the distance when they didn't have something to do, with the leads doing their scenes on the stage behind them. No sets. The same lighting throughout. Color coordinated costumes.

We did

FARINELLI AND THE KING Previews  Dec 11 2017, 12:08:01 AM
I was at the Saturday evening show.

First off in regards to my seating, I got a box seat (not onstage) through the rush around midday. The view was slightly partial, but honestly very fine. I felt close to the characters and only missed the furniture coming on and off.

The play itself, I will admit I didn't love it like I thought I would. Visually it is beautiful. The set and lighting with the use of real candlelight was haunting and set the mood. And the costumes were gorge

Albums that should be made into Musicals  Sep 7 2017, 08:44:56 AM

I know Bowie already got utilized with Lazarus as the OP said, but I think The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars would be the most incredible stage show. The story is all there, it's very dramatic, and it has a rock-opera feel. If a musical started with "Five Years" heart

Who's going to Comet's final performance?  Sep 3 2017, 01:39:52 PM

I don't share much on the boards, but thought I'd share what makes this show so special to me. 

My mother is 100% Russian and her side of the family still keeps a lot of the fun, wild and beautiful traditions and cultural aspects. And while I'm not that big of a religious person, I was raised in a Russian Orthodox Church and learned to read Slavonic and we even have an old typewriter from my grandfather that's Cyrillic letters. 

Anyway, I stumbled upon

Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!  Jul 28 2017, 11:30:43 AM

Walked by The Imperial today and saw some people had left some chalk notes on the sidewalk outside the front doors of the theatre. 

Among them were "Make room for Oak", "Pierre is sad", "Nobody should have to step aside for someone more famous" and then "Stop using POC for your own agenda, then tossing them aside when they don't work for you" (some paraphrasing on that last bit cuz I don't remember precisely how it ended. 

Marquee  Jul 22 2017, 08:40:47 PM

I don't know if it's still there, but there used to be a sign for Daddy Long Legs on the side of the Davenport Theatre facing the parking lot (where on a side note, there seems to always be someone waving that orange flag without fail at all hours of the day)

Extra Sweeney Lotto for TONIGHT 6/29 7:30  Jun 29 2017, 06:11:15 PM

Claimed! 

Extra Sweeney Lotto for TONIGHT 6/29 7:30  Jun 29 2017, 06:01:28 PM

I have an extra lottery ticket for Sweeney Todd downtown at The Barrow Street Theatre at 7:30. $39. Someone please take it and see the show with me

Broadway Real Estate/Marquis Theatre  May 21 2017, 10:21:51 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/keithyorkcity.wordpress.com/2013/01/11/the-great-theatre-massacre-of-1982-five-broadway-stages-faced-the-wrecking-ball-for-a-marriott/amp/

not sure if I posted this link right, but this thread lead me to do a google image search for some of the theatres and I stumbled upon this post which is very interesting to someone who never saw these theatres in their lifetime 

Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?  May 10 2017, 10:56:29 PM

Hedwig and the Deaf West Revival of Spring Awakening. Both shows meant a lot to me and helped me through some personal rough times. I miss them dearly. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You