News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for 40oz2freedom

Member Name: 40oz2freedom
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What is your dream cast for your favorite broadway show?
 Sep 6 2011, 03:29:47 AM
True. But I saw a Geffen Playhouse production in Los Angeles directed by Randall Arney and she [Olga] was played by an actress in her mid 30's. Always kind of stuck with me. But yes, you are correct AC.
What is your dream cast for your favorite broadway show?
 Sep 5 2011, 05:29:15 PM
You Can't Take It With You

Directed by Matthew Warchus

Martin Vanderhof: Martin Sheen
Penelope Sycamore: Frances McDormand
Alice Sycamore:Laura Benanti
Essie Carmichael:Sutton Foster
Rheba:Octavia Spencer
Paul Sycamore: J. Robert Spencer
Mr. De Pinna: Kevin Chamberlin
Ed Carmichael:Eddie Redmayne
Donald: Nelsan Ellis
Wilbur C. Henderson:Brad Oscar
Tony Kirby: Aaron Tveit
Boris Kolenkhov: Danny Burstein
Gay Wellington: Beth Lev

Fantasia: Opening Up to Oprah Winfrey
 Feb 7 2010, 04:53:18 AM
i believe that you made the same statement on this thread http://broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1010287&dt=26&boardid=1
and i too am having a hard time finding truth to your statement. yes, she did have vocal issues but never publicly left the show for them. For one i know they did not effect her performance, as ive seen her perform and have had friends see her perform when she allegedly had these nodes. but regardless, do you at least see where im coming from in my original statement?

Feb 7 2010, 01:48:07 AM
well not thousands, but for sure the leading ladies and men of broadway. Look at the role of Diana played by Alice Ripley. Vocally more demanding and in my opinion emotionally draining. And what about Jeannette Bayardelle who went on tour with the production and rarely missed performances in Los Angeles? She has been with the show since 2007 and is still fine.
 Feb 6 2010, 09:11:06 PM
She is talented. That is that. She's brilliant, however a broadway performer--she is not. At least she hasn't proven it. She can give one hell of a performance, but if she got tumors on her vocal chords after only a few weeks in the role, she simply doesn't know how to use her voice. Also, in the interview she states exhaustion and grueling schedules that led to her sickness. This is just an excuse. Thousands of performers are tackling roles just as physically and emotionally demanding as hers 8 and even now 9 performances a week. There is no excuse for missing 50 performances citing exhaustion. Her nodes also would have been preventable if her vocal coach properly taught her how to sing. Evidence A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP122JqapE8
If she sang like this 8 times a week, no wonder her vocal chords developed nodes. Wonderful performance, in fact, stellar. But the truth is no performer would push themselves that much during a performance no matter how in the moment they are.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You