News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Skylark3

Member Name: Skylark3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

One Night Only Sheryl Lee Ralph To Play Metropolitan Room Benefit Show
 Jul 12 2017, 12:19:49 PM

At least the second time this is posted and, once again, the date is missing. When IS this thing, Deena?

Looking to buy DEH ticket(s) July 6 or7
 Jul 3 2017, 11:58:43 PM

@z5 said: "Margo319 said: "What is up with all these constant threads asking for "cheap" DEH tickets like days before they want to see it?  It's completely sold out for the rest of the summer.  Go to Stubhub and pay 400 bucks like everyone else. No one can help you on here.  Can't afford to see it?  You can't go.  That's life.  

Well aren't you such a king hearted soul? Who died and

Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
 Jun 26 2017, 03:33:13 PM

I was pretty disappointed -- my Mom came with me. She's 80. It was more about wanting her to be happy. 

This time, it's just me. So, it's disappointing -- but HILARIOUS. My LUCK!  But I'm healthy (except for the anxiety)!

I was just today looking at the over 200 tickets available for July 14! Now, there'll be more. And even more people disappointed. That poor box office! $350 was what they were asking for the cheapest seat this AM -- it

Jun 26 2017, 03:19:10 PM

LesWickedly said: "Skylark3 said: "NYadgal said: "Telecharge has this posted now:

Ben Platt will be out of Dear Evan Hansen from July 10 – July 16 on his vacation. He will return to the Tony Award-winning Best Musical on Tuesday, July 18.

I don't have 

Good for him!  A well deserved break.

"

Unbelievable. I'm back in NYC for a pal's wedding and was going to go the Stub Hub route to see Ben, who no-showed when I went on 6/11. I have one night free: 7/14. Jesus. A shanda. 

"

I saw you on Twitter and saw how awful you were towards Ben and Colton and will I have to say, I don't feel sorry for you. 

I don't have a Twitter account. Yikes! 

But I get spared the Stub Hub expense, any way! So don't feel sorry for me! I'm just disappointed to miss him. Again.  

Jun 26 2017, 03:08:34 PM

NYadgal said: "Telecharge has this posted now:

Ben Platt will be out of Dear Evan Hansen from July 10 – July 16 on his vacation. He will return to the Tony Award-winning Best Musical on Tuesday, July 18.

Good for him!  A well deserved break.

"

Unbelievable. I'm back in NYC for a pal's wedding and was going to go the Stub Hub route to see Ben, who no-showed w

Jun 25 2017, 09:45:09 AM

Wick3 said: "It seems to me if a show is being recorded  (i.e. tony awards or actors fund special performance) Ben tends to take a few performances off.

"

Disappointing audience members who flown in to see him. 

Dear Evan Hansen Wednesday Performances
 Jun 25 2017, 01:27:00 AM

haterobics said: "Skylark3 said: "I don't think we can continue to say that. He allegedly did the matinee today and is out tonight AND tomorrow's matinee. This, after missing five performances before the Tony Awards (including the matinee that day)."

So, if you total all his Arena Stage, Second Stage, and Music Box performances and divide it by his absences... your odds are still pretty amazing, given the toll that role seemingly takes.

Dear Evan Hansen Wednesday Performances
 Jun 24 2017, 10:13:42 PM

helvizz said: "Ben almost never misses a performance, so you have very good chances of seeing him. Having said that this is live theater, so there's really no telling what is definitely going to happen.

"

I don't think we can continue to say that. He allegedly did the matinee today and is out tonight AND tomorrow's matinee. This, after missing five performances before the Tony Awards (including the matinee that day).

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
 Jun 19 2017, 03:11:55 PM

Audra.

Audra.

Audra.

Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
 Jun 13 2017, 01:59:56 PM

Time will tell -- but the number of people disappointed at the box office on Sunday andvexchanging tickets supports your point that, once Platt is gone, things will shift.

i know I would not have purchased tickets myself for the show if I hadn't heard about Platt. When you're more interested in supporting players, that's a bad sign.

Jun 13 2017, 01:30:52 PM

Colton was underwhelming. He has the unenviable job of understudying one of the hottest stars on Broadway right now. His performance was subdued and flew under the radar, largely. I didn't care about his character at all. I was much more interested in his Mother and Connor. Evan only came to life in "Words Fail".

i walked away disappointed. I had resolved myself to seeing an understudy who would rock it. I didn't get that, unfortunately. A terrific ensemble,

Jun 10 2017, 06:02:50 AM

Margo, the name-calling gives you away. And your decision to continue to engage someone you think of as ridiculous only serves to support that. I forgive you.

Namaste.

I appreciate the positive feedback, everyone.  It's helped put this in a better perspective.  As did a nights rest. 

Groban out for June 10 matinee, Scott as Pierre...
 Jun 10 2017, 01:34:39 AM

I'm so sorry! I know EXACTLY how you might feel.

Jun 10 2017, 01:26:28 AM

Margo319 said: "HAHA.  I love how you single me out while others call you "insufferable", which you are.  He won't be out next Friday, sweetheart.  He'll have plenty of REST this weekend!  Kiss Kiss.  

heartlaughBen Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now
 Jun 10 2017, 01:22:53 AM

Insufferable? Actually, I'm just colossally disappointed.no more,no less.

Jun 10 2017, 01:16:49 AM

Margo319 said: "Yeah, this person is Minority Reporting themselves.  Chill, dude/chick.  

"

Awesome and super helpful. I hope he is out when you go next week! Because You're "sure he'll be back by then" (based on nothing).

Jun 9 2017, 06:55:59 PM

Well, Ben isn't the only one with diagnosed anxiety. So, there's that.

Theres been a fair amount of anticipation (and money spent), so there's that.

My mother, who is 80, fell in love with him on TV, so the tix were a present for her, so there's that.

Ugh.

As for understudies, I  get it. I've seen some great ones (including Donna Murphy going on for Betty Buckley in Drood -- she was a sensation). But the myth and hype a

Jun 9 2017, 06:39:13 PM

Of course, I know all this. But hauling it in from the Midwest isn't coming in from Jersey. In addition, the hype around this particular performance and his appearances on TV? Of course you get excited.

But watch. He'll skip the weekend performances, but be there for the Tonys  and the Tuesday first-performance-after-the-Tony's And a pall of worry now fits atop the entire trip. Will he be there on Sunday? Time will tell.

Jun 9 2017, 05:58:30 PM

Oh no. I just landed from Chicago and have tix for DEH on Sunday. He's the reason for the trip! I bought the tickets months and months ago.

I'm trying to be compassionate -- but I'll be very frustrated if he skips the matinee and does the Tony Awards show -- and that's exactly what's gonna happen.

I cannot.

And, while I'm back in NYC on business in a month, the tix at Stub Hub are double what I paid and significant

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You