News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lucette

Member Name: Lucette
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Groundhog Day halted last night
 Jun 26 2017, 01:13:39 PM

I was in the audience too on Saturday night and they had a couple of issues with the snowfall cues as well - in One Day and in Seeing You.

I can't imagine how complex it is behind the scenes. I think I read somewhere that Warchus estimated he had spent at least 300 hours working out the math on the rotations to get everything and everyone where they needed to be for each cue.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/18/17
 Jun 20 2017, 09:46:13 AM

I agree - a lot of factors have affected Groundhog Day's performance, and it's hard to read the tea leaves as to which way audiences will lean in any one season, but I definitely think the tone of the promotional work has been one of the biggest factors working against them. You can't find an audience if you don't know how to market to them.

Philanthropy is a dance number, it neither showcases Andy Karl's talent nor Tim Minchin's lyrics. Seei

Andy Karl performance schedule
 Jun 19 2017, 09:04:30 AM

That's really disappointing to hear and I hope it doesn't turn out to be true but it's very disappointing - or I should say infuriating - to see about 500 unsold seats for this coming Friday night.

This is such a great show and the cast works so hard and deserves so much more recognition. I cannot fathom how management has completely botched the promotion and marketing so badly - based on audience reception they should be doing great business.

Looking for GroundHog Day lottery code for 6/14 mat
 Jun 13 2017, 04:35:53 PM

holdyourbatboy said: "When do they usually announce Wed eve's winners?

"Both times I've won the email has arrived just before midday. Emails saying you've lost and offering a discount code arrive between 12:00 and 12:30.

You have until 10pm to use the lottery code, then it expires.

How much longer for Groundhog Day and Bandstand
 Jun 12 2017, 02:56:09 PM

greenifyme2 said: "Big Apple2 said: "I would love to see both shows have a long run.  GHD had the perfect opportunity to market itself at the Tony's for those who haven't seen it but totally missed the mark with its song choice, in my view.  On the other hand, Bandstand nailed it with a boost from Jill Biden.

Totally agree. Although I'm having a hard time thinking of what song GHD could have done that would have worked out of co

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You