News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ChenghisKhan

Member Name: ChenghisKhan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Miss Saigon Plot Hole
 Feb 1 2019, 02:18:19 PM

Remember my first post: https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1102191? Well looking back I can say that I probably exaggerated too much and was too dramatic. My real point is that there is an obvious plot hole in Miss Saigon that is currently unexplained. When I saw Miss Saigon, the first thing that got me concerned was how quickly Chris forgot about Kim. I mean, I understand that PTSD was probably involved, but I don't think a person should forget about someone whom he spent the night with. I think there should be a scene that explains why Chris forgot about Kim by showing an event that makes Chris forget about Kim, such as some sort of head trauma or combat injury. 

Miss Saigon: the worst Broadway show I ever saw
 Jun 14 2017, 04:49:38 PM

nonstopmachine said: "Yes, this worst broadway show was opened in 26 years ago and it had almost 5000 performances....just saying

"

Just because this show has been playing for a long time and has therefore been time honored, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is a good play.

Jun 13 2017, 05:44:57 PM

GeorgeandDot said: "I think they were joking honey.........

"

I know. They were being sarcastic. And don't call me "honey." I'm way too old to be referred to as "honey."

Jun 13 2017, 05:42:26 PM

Wildcard said: "These are the same reasons I can't stand The Sound of Music. It's set pre-WWII yet it starts with some woman spinning in the mountains?!! It should start with the Nazi's marching in the boulevards of Austria. Who sings about favorite things when Ole Adolf is taking over your country? That's just not historically accurate! 

angelMiss Saigon: the worst Broadway show I ever saw
 Jun 13 2017, 05:38:28 PM

Mister Matt said: "I take it you didn't read his battle scene recreations for the stage?

"

I SAW Miss Saigon, DAMMIT! I know how the play is arranged! As far as I know, I saw no major clashing between Vietcong and the American Soldiers. Now just tell me what you think regarding my ideas.

Jun 13 2017, 05:34:55 PM

Dave28282 said: "ChenghisKhan said: "Continue reading, and give me some feedback on your thoughts about my version.

"

I think it's very important for the story to start with the Engineer and the girls.

I also think your "version" is a rambling rant of a highschool kid who has played too many computer games.

"

Ok I'm not a computer game crazed critic who thinks

Jun 13 2017, 05:28:56 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Screenplay.  

Moron.

I also stopped reading after that word. 

Moron.  
"

Alright; while I may not be very familiar with Theatrical terms and vocabulary, I am still familiar enough with Theater itself to be able to be able to have a say regarding it.

Jun 13 2017, 05:18:04 PM

#RaisedOnMusicals alright fine: script. But do you at least get my point? I mean even though I am not an expert at drama, at least compared to most of the people on this forum, but still I know enough about drama to have have a say when analyzing them. After all, its really the plot that counts, not the acting and drama. Ok fine acting and drama also do count a lot as well, but the script is whats most important. And no, I do not intend to ask the screenwriter to alter the original script, I&

Jun 13 2017, 05:08:05 PM

Continue reading, and give me some feedback on your thoughts about my version.

Jun 13 2017, 05:05:43 PM

Jun 13 2017, 04:59:07 PM

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You