News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for carissaferguson

Member Name: carissaferguson
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

finding missing puzzle pieces
 Sep 1 2018, 12:05:01 PM
Hi there! I’m a junior in high school about to go to her first audition. I’m getting everything together but I’m having trouble finding some exact things i’m looking for. I’m a mezzo belter who can also sing really high soprano notes. My first piece is Love Will Come and Find Me Again from Bandstand. Would this be considered a ballad or a contemporary? It’s bascially brand new but kind of slower and more emotional. So now I need a contrasting piece. I was thinking a pre 1960s comedic piece but I
District Audition Help
 Oct 17 2017, 01:30:01 PM

So I just found out about an audition for a district competition that is coming up in a couple days and I need help picking an adequate song. I am 15, female, and would prefer to belt, but can also sing a falsetto ballad. I would prefer something not overdone because I want this to go to state. Open to anything. Thank you all for your suggestions. 

Wednesday Addams Character Study and Audition ;)
 Jul 2 2017, 03:23:17 PM

I understand that people were trying to tell me that four months is too long to start preparing. I completely understand that and if that's the help they want to give then great, thanks. But that isn't the help that I asked for. Lets explain this in a different way. 

If I went into a grocery store and all I wanted was eggs, would you come along and try to sell me milk? Probably not. All I came here asking for was eggs. And all you people just shot milk straight at me.
<

Jul 2 2017, 03:11:38 PM

No. not bullying. Just being straight up rude. Lets approach this another way. 

If I were to come on here and simply say

"Hello! I have a Wednesday Addams audition coming up. Struggling to find audition songs. Anyone have any suggestions or tips for getting into character?" 

The response would have probably been a heck of a lot different. Why? Because I didn't mention the fact that its a couple months away. Some nice person would have come along an

Jul 2 2017, 01:30:11 PM

Read my original post! All I was asking for was an audition tips and a song that would fit the part. Although I did mention that I am open to anything that anyone has to contribute, I meant character wise. Not becoming critical about the fact that I am preparing for an audition "too early". Every person is different. In a month I start school, I start work, I start extra curricular activities. Right now it is summer and I have 12 hour days in which all I do is go to rehearse for my

Jul 2 2017, 01:11:15 PM

Thanks for your opinion. I am not only preparing for this audition but three more as well. I'd rather not just put an audition off as it is no big deal. I put this post up asking for audition songs to work on and have basically gotten butchered by everyone. I think everyone else has most of the negative comments covered. So please, if you are not here to help me with songs for my range and character, you aren't needed. Thank you and have a nice day. 

Looking to buy DEH ticket(s) July 6 or7
 Jul 2 2017, 01:04:07 PM

I went to NYC a couple weeks ago and we stood in line for about four hour. Got 2 orchestra seats for 189 each. Just depends on whether you want to stand in line and risk not getting a ticket. 

Jul 2 2017, 12:38:26 PM

I appreciate the time and honest opinion from all of you... 

Adamgreer - I find that it is best to take roles seriously way far ahead of time, rather than prepare the day before or last minute. My voice teacher was asking for an audition song so we could start working that is why I am trying to prepare so early :)

Wayman_Wong - I have already googled and researched a lot about this character already! This was one of my internet stops so that I could see if anyone had an up

Jul 1 2017, 11:55:31 PM

Hello!

I am getting myself prepared for an Addams Family audition in about 4 months. My dream role is Wednesday Addams and even though its a small community theatre program, I am up against some tough competition considering that it is a college production and I am in high school.

I am willing to work and study as much about this character as i possibly can. I am open to any songs that would possibly be good for a stunning audition song. I am comfortable belting to a C.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You