News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NewDawnRisin

Member Name: NewDawnRisin
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What do I do with my playbills  Oct 22 2017, 02:13:01 AM

(I know it doesn't make them any less expensive overall, but) I ask for the binders for Christmas every year.  It's nice to look at that empty binder and think of all the shows to come in the upcoming year.  They also look so nice on my bookshelf, so I do make my parents spring for the official ones.

Bandstand Sheet Music  Oct 1 2017, 12:05:37 AM

I've heard nothing said either way.

But, it is my personal hope that they are taking their time in order to include the music for the entire band.  This is based on 0 facts, but since the show was so centered around the band, I'd be surprised if they resealed just basic vocal selections with piano accompaniment.

Sweeney Todd Partial VIew seats?  Sep 22 2017, 11:41:29 PM

I sat in the back row, and it's fine (obviously not the full experience, but all i could afford) everyone was standing up (because for the second row at least, it was the people in the first row blocking the view).  One important thing is that the cast members do occasionally come up into the balcony during the show, so you're not COMPLETELY missing out on the interaction.  The actors don't use mics, but the room is so tiny, that the sound is not at all obscured (it migh

Student Rush  Jul 21 2017, 09:22:20 PM

Not all shows are the same, but in my experience, yes.

Spelling Bee  Jul 15 2017, 10:32:59 PM

I don't know how the production you saw handled the songs, but they are meant to be a little off.  They represent the characters' need to be perfect, but not quite reaching it. The genius of the score, in my opinion, is the grating harmonies at points: where the score goes wrong enough to make you feel something for the characters.  I feel like in productions of this show where the actors are singing TOO well, that can be missed. There is a delicate balance here.

Lottery Question  Jul 13 2017, 10:03:17 PM

The only thing I can think of that has two would be Shakespeare in the park: on todaytix and in person. And you can definitely do both of those. 

PLAYBILL Covers of the 2017-2018 Season  Jul 6 2017, 07:53:51 PM

I was a little upset that there wasn't ever a color version of Betsy's Waitress Playbill, but actually I think her blonde hair glows very nicely with the black and white editing. 

Tony for Best Actor/Actress in a Musical  Jul 6 2017, 07:46:20 PM

Maybe it's just my personal experience but I think most of the "big names" that have been brought in to sell tickets to revivals have been women in the recent years. So there have been many experienced and popular Broadway actresses in revivals, leading to Tony Awards for these women.

City Center Encores Discounts  Jul 2 2017, 10:56:23 AM

They just added balcony (and mezz on Saturday matinee) tickets on TodayTix. If I remember correctly, all of the Encores! Have popped up on TodayTix at some point since TodayTix began. 

The Play That Goes Wrong Rush  Jul 2 2017, 10:44:51 AM

Both I and my sister rushed at separate times in the past month, with similar timing (about a half hour after box office open, running from another show) and both got partial views. I was still able to enjoy the show and saw all the actors, but the set-related comedy on one side of the stage was blocked. With a little imagination, I still understood the jokes, though.

Waitress - Standing Room  Jul 2 2017, 10:15:28 AM

Has anyone tried to get standing room since Betsy joined?  I know ticket prices have dropped, which is usually a bad sign, but I wondered if they might still be selling out.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You