News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Kara Lee Sweeny

Member Name: Kara Lee Sweeny
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lottery tickets
 Nov 25 2019, 10:12:03 PM
Thank you for the help, luckily I purchased them as soon as I got the email.
Lottery tickets
 Nov 25 2019, 05:01:51 PM
I apologize a million times if this question has already been asked- if you win and purchase lottery tickets should you pick them up as soon as you can? Meaning will that effect your seat- like the better lottery seats go first ?
GROUNDHOG DAY APPRECIATION THREAD
 Sep 18 2017, 09:53:35 AM

Can anyone remember the exact quote from Ralph and Gus about today and tomorrow? 

Love that part!

Sep 16 2017, 05:16:02 PM

Saw it for the fourth and final time last night ....... so incredibly sad but happy that I got to experience it. I'm kind of at a loss for words right now..... so many things I want to say but I am legit starting to cry on the train right now. 

Sep 1 2017, 10:37:24 AM

Wayman_Wong said: "Speaking of Raymond J. Lee, do you know he has 25 costume changes in ''Groundhog Day''? TheaterMania followed him as he made 3 of his quickest ones, including the Groundhog.

http://www.theatermania.com/video/watch-three-lightning-fast-groundhog-day-costume-c_1310.html?cid=hp_topstory

And thanks to Kara Lee Sweeny for starting this terrific thread!
"

Aww thanks! I've never felt so connected to a show.    I want to see the show one more time but I'm afraid I'll be crying the whole time. I tear up every time I listen to the recording 

Aug 17 2017, 01:41:36 PM

Are you kidding, the harmonies in Nobody Cares kills me, I love it!  Listening to Philanthropy right now..... I really wanna learn that tap dance just as a workout in my living room. I miss tap, I did it for years when I was younger. 

Aug 17 2017, 01:16:18 PM

Malka2 said: "Oh man, I'm gonna start tearing up here.

I saw Groundhog Day for the first time on a very, very personally difficult day during a very difficult time. I chose the show semi-randomly from TKTS two hours before curtain, just looking for a distraction from life really. Instead, I walked out that night with a new perspective on life and my situation and all of the challenges we get and the hopes we have and the frustrating realities we face.

And on

Aug 16 2017, 04:59:28 PM

CT2NYC said: "A lot of great moments come to mind, but my favorite has to be the bridge of "If I Had My Time Again" with the Tilt-a-Whirl sequence. So moving and magical.

"

Yes! Gorgeous part

Aug 16 2017, 08:46:29 AM

In the wake of the news that the show will be closing I thought I would make a thread where we can all share our favorite moments from the show, fave moments of stage dooring, etc. 

- First of course is Andy Karl.... he has such a stage presence to him, he is so handsome and has this amazing effortless comedic timing.

- Hope is my favorite scene because it is dynamic and magical

I could go on and on but #1 I'd like to hear what everyone else loves and #2 I'm

GROUNDHOG DAY Will Play Final Broadway Performance This September
 Aug 15 2017, 06:33:27 PM

Damnit ..... I wanted to see it 20 more times. A lot of shows closing at the same time, is it always like this ?

Playing Nancy Groundhog Day?
 Aug 15 2017, 11:13:46 AM

I definitely think the placement of the song is a little odd, but it grows on you. 

I wanted to add some thoughts to the discussion of GHD, My advice is to see it at least a 2nd time for anyone who didn't like it the first time they saw it.The first time I saw it (and didn't know what to expect) I didn't hate it but I didn't love it. But when you see it a second time you fall in love with it, and by the third time you are bawling your eyes out at the end. There'

Groundhog Day Merchandise
 Aug 7 2017, 06:05:17 PM

I personally love the black and gray zip hoodie, it looks really good on. 

But.... a very big but.... I went this past Saturday (3rd time seeing it) with the intention of getting a stuffed groundhog and having Andy sign it .... well they're sold out and the manufacturers are apparently not making anymore. That was really disappointing 

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
 Aug 5 2017, 10:00:58 PM

Alright my lovely DEH fans..... what time should I get in cancellation line tomorrow?

Aug 5 2017, 10:00:56 PM

Alright my lovely DEH fans..... what time should I get in cancellation line tomorrow?

Aug 3 2017, 10:45:45 AM

GetmetoBroadway said: "When it's a two show day you can wait in line all day, you'd probably need to get there around 6:30-7am for the matinee line, and then if you didn't get tickets for matinee you'd have to stay in the same line probably until 6pm for the evening tickets (that's when they release evening tickets)

Thank you for your help! 

Aug 2 2017, 04:29:30 PM

I apologize if this has already been discussed but what happens with the cancellation line when it's a two show day and you dont care which one you get tickets for?

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Aug 1 2017, 08:25:20 AM

Going to NYC this weekend- what day do I have a better chance of getting a cancellation/SRO/or last minute stubhub- Saturday matinee, Saturday evening, or Sunday matinee?    Or is it still a total crap shoot?

Thanks! 

Ben Platt Meeting Experience
 Jul 30 2017, 01:00:29 AM

So there's this saying ......if you don't have anything nice to say..... chill the **** out people. I'm sure the OP did not intend to sound like a crazy stalker. I mean I get what everyone is saying, but it's completely unproductive to berate someone. 

On a more positive note- back in June I was heading towards an evening show after dinner and walked past Mike Faist and Will Roland. I didn't stop them but it was still pretty cool. Then 2 seconds l

I won the Lottery tonight for Groundhog Day and...
 Jul 15 2017, 11:32:34 AM

schubox said: "I loved it. I thought Karl alone was worth the price of admission. He has so much presence and charisma. And a lot of the technical stuff is pretty great. I would agree there is no stand out song, but I did enjoy the songs. 

I can get why people wouldn't like it, but to hate it seems odd 

"

I couldn't agree more with you! I've seen it twice and liked it better the second time around. Andy Karl is so

Andy Karl performance schedule
 Jul 15 2017, 11:00:20 AM

Skimbleshanks2 said: "I love ANDY but he's had multiple flops under his belt and I worry that he'll struggle to find another leading role of this caliber... I wonder if he'll want to take a break from Broadway?? After all this drama and the Tony loss I wouldn't be surprised ...

also is ORFEH his social media manager? His social accounts are basically just reposts of all of her stuff... 

" I wonder the same thing abou

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You