News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Rakstovall

Member Name: Rakstovall
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hadestown Understudies
 Feb 11 2022, 10:41:16 AM

This board was helpful to me as I decided which day to buy tickets for, so just sharing that we saw it last night (Thursday 2/10) and full cast was in (principal original cast)! This was my third time seeing the show but first post-pandemic, and it was really fun to see everyone together one more time before Amber departs. Everyone was great; Andre is quite simply the man and Eva is just really incredible in this role.

Hadestown Understudies
 Jan 19 2022, 05:18:04 PM

Good to know, thanks all! I've seen it twice with Andre and think he's incredible so I do hope to see him again but obviously without any kind of official alternate schedule I'll just have to wait and see! I assumed most of the OBC were nearing the end of their contracts when the shutdown happened so I kind of figure these months since we've been back are just bonus! Good to know about Eva's concert on the 21st also.

Hadestown Understudies
 Jan 19 2022, 12:46:05 PM

I've read through this whole thread and just checking -- so it doesn't sound like there's any set schedule or pattern for when the principals are out? I've seen the show 2x pre-pandemic and would love to see it again to catch as many of the OBC as possible one last time before they start to leave (which I assume is likely imminent in the next few months but maybe not); although they're all great, I'd particularly like to catch Eva, Andre, and Patrick one last time. Any

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
 Jun 21 2018, 02:26:40 PM

HeatherAV said: "BroadwayNYC2 said: "Looks like I'm switching. Hope it isn't too close or too far to the side! Very excited."

You won't regret it - it's a beautiful show!

Do you mind saying how much the ticket is? I'm curious if the closer rows are $299, $189 or $155 (because of the high stage and slightly limited view). Thanks.
"

On Monday I bought 2 tickets for September, Orch Left Row D Seats 13-15, for $

Apr 19 2018, 05:00:14 PM

Yep -- this same practice on the DEH thread allowed me to snatch front row tickets to Ben Platt's penultimate performance! And I'm hopeful that this thread will similarly help me get seats to Harry Potter once I'm in the city this summer (I have Nov tix but hopefully would like to see it before then). The person complaining is clearly just bitter/annoyed that tickets are hard to come by and decided to unleash some very misplaced anger -- this thread isn't keeping regular&

ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews
 Feb 21 2018, 11:34:27 AM

Brad4815 said: "Apologies if this has been discussed, but does anyone know what the cast schedule for this is like? Is anyone out for Saturday/Sunday matinees?"

No idea if this is typical of the show's schedule, but I saw a Saturday matinee in January and everyone was in except for the lead, Hailey Kilgore. We saw the understudy, Loren Lott, as Ti Moune. But Norm Lewis, Lea Salonga, etc. were all in for that performance.

Feb 9 2018, 11:45:45 AM

CT2NYC said: "Lot666 said: "kade.ivy said: "Yes, hopefully this loads. It’s from the show’s site."

Thanks; it didn't display here for me, but I found it on the website.

I hate seating charts like this because they don't really tell you where the seats are. For example, it shows that orchestra seat 1 is on the center isle, but that's it. There's no indication as to how high the numbers run in each row.

I know, it's frustrating. After some examination of the remaining available seats, I've come up with somenumbers: Orchestra row D seats are 1-27 and 2-28, and the front orchestra section widens out to row J, which is 1-31 and 2-32. Orchestra rowK to the rear is 1-33 and 2-34. The center dress circle section appears to be 101-127, and the side dress circle sections are 1-13 and 2-14. It looks like the balcony remains approximately the same as on the old seating chart below. Of course, these numbers are approximate, but I believe they're fairlyaccurate.

"

Just to add on to this, my seats are ORCH-R Row N and we have seats 34 and 36, so at least row N on the right side goes until seat 36, not sure where that starts but if you're guessing it widens out at row K then it might be K to the rear. If you see a few posts back someone messaged the Lyric Theatre on Facebook and got a response that the dress circle curves around on the sides and overhangs the last couple seats on the far sides, ending at row M, and that the far aisle seat in row M on the left side is seat 33.

Feb 8 2018, 02:42:10 PM

Nycat63 said: "This is super helpful. I bought two sets of tickets for two different dates in June and figured I'd wait until March to hear people's opinions, but I'm open to suggestions now - would you rather sit in Orch Row M 22 and 24 (I'm assuming seat 32 or 34 is the far aisle, so these aren't terrible but not great given that they were premium - I've also noticed that seat 26 is $100 less so we are literally the end of premium on the side) OR Dress Circl

Feb 8 2018, 02:34:47 PM

susirene said: "susirene said: "Rakstovall said: "I got ORCHR row N, seats 34-36. I know that's the row behind you and the other side of the theater, so it could be completely different, but based on our numbers it would seem to me there is likely seat 33 and 35 on your side, at least in row N. But what do I know?

But, I share the frustrations overthe seating chart transparency, or lack thereof. Forgive me if this has been asked (I combed through this

Carousel or Once on This Island?
 Feb 8 2018, 02:15:00 PM

Obviously can only comment on Once on This Island -- we loved it! The theater in the round is such a unique, intimate experience. Not a bad seat in the house and you're so close to everything. We were in the front row next to the aisle and our feet were literally in the sand and sometimes the actors' costumes would brush our legs when they walked by. Very immersive and fun! Alex Newell is fantastic as was Norm Lewis and the entire rest of the cast (we were at matinee so we missed Hail

Feb 8 2018, 01:37:44 PM

I got ORCHR row N, seats 34-36. I know that's the row behind you and the other side of the theater, so it could be completely different, but based on our numbers it would seem to me there is likely seat 33 and 35 on your side, at least in row N. But what do I know?

But, I share the frustrations over the seating chart transparency, or lack thereof. Forgive me if this has been asked (I combed through this thread late last night), but does anyone know how far the dress circle ove

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
 Nov 19 2017, 01:06:51 PM
Hi Kayla — that was my husband and I next to you and your dad! What a wonderful night, I’ll just never forget it! Thanks to this board for helping us get tickets to last night’s show and also helping making it possible to swap tix with another poster here so that my husband and I could sit together front row center! Still on cloud nine!

Regarding the signed playbills, I did buy one and I will tell you that the staff member that sold it to us told us it was the last day they were selling

Nov 18 2017, 11:30:13 AM
The partial view ticket for tonight has been spoken for. I won’t have time to respond to anyone else who messages me. Thanks.
 Nov 18 2017, 10:57:31 AM
I have an extra ticket for tonight’s show—partial view, Orch Row B, Seat 12. Selling what I paid face value, plus fees: $173. I picked it up from the box office, so it is REAL (since there is some concern over fake ones right now).

Must be able to meet me at the Music Box around 7:15 tonight, with cash. If interested, PM me, don’t respond on the board please. I was going to sell to someone in the cancellation line but I’d rather it go to a fan over a line sitter.

Nov 15 2017, 01:18:54 PM

I'm holding: Saturday NIGHT show:, Left Orch Row H, Seat 5, Premium for $463. Releasing in 2 minutes at 1:20pm EST

Nov 13 2017, 05:50:46 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure this is a "dick move" by anyone. I would 100% guarantee that Ben does not WANT to be out when he was scheduled to be in. His work ethic and dedication to this role has been well documented, so I'm sure he pushed it until the last minute to see if he could do all 8 shows the final week. While the last-minute announcement is of course disappointing for ticket-holders (I've dealt with this disappointment in the past too), I'm sure it's b

Nov 13 2017, 04:41:58 PM

Granted this was back in July, but when we got a refund when Ben was on vacation we simply called Telecharge and they issued a refund right away. They did ask why and we told them we were coming from out of town and had purchased premium tickets specifically to see Ben, and they refunded it that day. I have no idea how their policy has changed since then, but I'd imagine with this being Ben's last week and the fact that they had stated for so long he'd be doing the matinees t

Danny Rothman instead of Hugh Panaro as Sweeney
 Nov 7 2017, 04:07:22 PM

Thanks for posting. Sorry to be redundant, but were your tickets for one of the date ranges mentioned in their email? Just wondering if those are the date ranges he's out of the show, or if those are dates they're just not offering exchanges for (since those are holiday weeks and presumably busier ticket sale times)? Again, just wondering because my tickets are for Nov. 18 which falls within those dates mentioned in their email to you, but I didn't receive that email alert so

Danny Rothman instead of Hugh Panaro as Sweeney
 Nov 7 2017, 02:54:42 PM

Curious what dates your tickets are for? And if the email mentioned what dates he'll be out (I mean, is it a vacation where he'll be out a week, or just a random date here and there when he's off)? I just bought tickets for Nov. 18 but didn't receive that email alert, so I'm wondering if I'm in the clear or if I should expect one. (Granted we're seeing the matinee and I feel those are always more likely to see the understudies anyway...)

Nov 3 2017, 11:26:33 PM

Ugh that's a real bummer. I was a tad late seeing the notification that the partial views were on sale last Friday and missed getting 11/19 seats by maybe 30 min so the fact that they're on StubHub now is really sad. As though there weren't a ton of overpriced seats for that night already listed! Oh well. But I will be there the night of 11/18, Row A, 106! The resale of the other front row seats for the 18th is sad too because I would have loved to have gotten 2 seats togethe

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You