News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PurpleFanta

PurpleFanta Profile Photo
Member Name: PurpleFanta
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Nov 5 2021, 11:35:35 AM

I'd love to see Hannah Waddingham as Madame Morrible. It would be fun to see her tower over both Cynthia and Ariana.

Your Top 10 Shows This Decade  Dec 6 2019, 09:55:46 AM

Time Stands Still

Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson

Other Desert Cities

Peter and the Starcatcher

The Bridges of Madison County

The King and I

Hamilton

Hello, Dolly

What the Constitution Means to Me

Moulin Rouge

INK Reviews  Apr 25 2019, 12:41:19 AM

LimelightMike said: "Had purchased a ticket for Friday night back in March. Apparently, my order was cancelled without any sort of notification. Row AA Seat 102 of the Orchestra. Apparently that row was removed?.

Have not be refunded. Am I to assume that it has yet to process, or has my seat been reassigned? Anyone with any inkling? Many thanks.

I am presently very upset. Thrilled for the show, but furious over this predicament."

I had also purc

My Fair Lady Fan Day  Oct 25 2018, 05:01:56 PM

They did send out loser notifications. I got mine today.

Audra returning to Broadway...?  Sep 20 2018, 04:43:18 PM

This is a fun puzzle.

Because Bernhardt/Hamlet closes so early in the season, I'm guessing it's not Theresa Rebeck.

Maybe Steven Levenson? Was If I Forget reviewed well Off-Broadway?

Maybe something from Lee Hall? According to his Playbill bio, he did an adaptation of Mother Courage... 

But I immediately went to Terrence McNally. Lips Together, Teeth Apart seems at least logical.

Whatever it is, I hope it gets announced soon.

Need Brigadoon Tickets  Nov 13 2017, 09:39:14 AM

Hello all.

I have one ticket to Brigadoon for sale. It's for the Thursday, 11/16 performance at 7:30. The seat is A-115 in the balcony, and after fees, is $84.

Please shoot me a message if you're interested. Thanks!

The ticket has been claimed - thank you!

TIME AND THE CONWAYS Revival Set for American Airlines Theatre, Fall 2017  Aug 8 2017, 04:15:35 PM

Yes, they are still doing access10. I got the final seat to the first preview yesterday, and that was the only seat available for the applicable dates when I looked.

TIME AND THE CONWAYS Revival Set for American Airlines Theatre, Fall 2017  Jul 24 2017, 01:42:21 PM

This production starts previews in less than two months, and tickets aren't on sale to the public yet. And they haven't announced the rest of the cast. Is that normal?

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018  Jul 17 2017, 10:27:46 AM

Michelle Dockery?

If You Could Guarantee One Win...  Jun 9 2017, 11:12:52 AM

Michael Greif and Laura Linney.

La LuPone gives her unvarnished opinion of Donald Trump  May 22 2017, 03:51:51 PM

I have no interest in defending Broadway.com, but it may not have been their decision to alter the video. It's possible that the War Paint producers, or Patti's representation got in touch and asked them to edit, especially after it went pretty viral.

Patti is a big personality, and that's something I love about her, but I can definitely see producers thinking that not all press is great press, especially if you're angering a section of your audience.

But like it

The Official TDF Thread  Apr 14 2017, 10:48:51 PM

JillianSch said: "Has anyone seen Indecent with tdf? Where did you sit? Just saw Six Degrees of Seperation and was seated in Row S, center. "

I saw it tonight through TDF and was front row, center. I very much enjoyed the production, and really liked being so close.

Riedel on Scrambling to Find a Tony Host  Apr 14 2017, 03:11:16 PM

I would love to see Christine Baranski host. I'm not sure what her schedule is like for The Good Fight, but she's on a CBS show, and she's hilarious. I think she'd be a delight.

LES LLIASONS DANGERUSES will open on broadway next season  Apr 19 2016, 12:08:28 AM

Michelle Dockery was originally slated to do the London production, but she pulled out when her fiancee became ill. She's now shooting a TV show in North Carolina, and I'd love for her to make her Broadway debut with this. I hope they announce the rest of the cast soon.

ECLIPSED rush availability~recently ?  Mar 23 2016, 10:21:52 PM

Hey! Is it just a student rush, or a general rush? Thanks!

Wolf Hall rush  Mar 27 2015, 12:48:05 AM
I rushed Part One yesterday, and got to the box office at 11AM, and purchased EE4. Today I didn't get to the box office for Part Two until 2:30, but was able to purchase B23 in the mezz. My seat tonight was considered partial view, but I saw everything just fine. I really loved the show, and it was close to being sold out both nights, so I'm glad I was able to rush it.
Shows in Rep - Tony Eligibility?  Oct 21 2013, 01:41:31 PM
When two shows play in rep, are they considered one joint production for Tony eligibility, or is each play considered separate? With both Twelfth Night/Richard III and No Man's Land/Waiting for Godot this season, I thought I would ask. Thanks!
Rooting for Tracy Letts tonight  Jun 9 2013, 04:38:44 PM
I would love for him to win, but sadly I think Mr. Hanks is gonna take it. I enjoyed his performance, but nothing topped Mr. Letts' George.
3 Horse Races  Jun 9 2013, 03:46:43 PM
1. Patina Miller
2. Matilda
3. Kinky Boots

Rant about the 2013 TONY nominations here  Apr 30 2013, 09:03:25 AM
I'm a little devastated Jessica Hecht wasn't nominated.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You