News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BrookeTansley

Member Name: BrookeTansley
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Producing a Play, Need Ideas
 Dec 1 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Thanks in advance for your help, folks.

I'm looking for a play with a small cast that can be done with minimal sets. Must have roles for a 20s-30s woman and a 20s-30s man. Our community isn't going to enjoy something with an abundance of strong language. Ideally it would have some emotional weight and be uplifting, but this isn't a requirement.

Thanks again, guys.

Sleep No More?
 Jan 26 2013, 12:31:06 PM
DAME - the less you read about it, the better. The mystery is key. Just go, and wear your most comfortable sneakers. For me, it was the most thrilling theatrical experience of my life. I can't wait to go again.
Why doesn't Anneliese Van Der Pol work more?!
 Jul 25 2012, 01:24:58 PM
Anneliese is a good friend who works all of the time, doing the work she wants to do. What she isn't doing is doing the work you want her to do, or working for fame or money. She doesn't need the money. She is an artist.
Young Broadway actresses too cool for stage door?
 Jul 24 2012, 08:35:44 PM
You're welcome :)
Young Broadway actresses too cool for stage door?
 Jul 24 2012, 08:23:19 PM
I don't know if anyone here is interested in one actor's stage door opinions and experiences, but if you are - read on. (Please forgive any grammar/spelling errors - I'm not gonna proofread.)

When I was in Beauty and the Beast, I spent 30-45 minutes (on the low end, 183.5 hours of my life) at the stage door after about 397 of the 407 performances I did, opting not to only when I had to rush to an audition in between shows on Wednesdays. I even worked out an arrangement with my wonderful

Laura Bell Bundy
 May 27 2012, 01:17:11 PM
I have to be cryptic, because I can't discuss a friend's personal business on an internet message board, but not one story that I've read on the internet has been the truth regarding this matter. You'll all have to be satisfied with never knowing, unless LBB decides to tell you herself. Let all of the conjecture go already.

swings on cast cd's
 Apr 19 2011, 04:06:51 PM
Thank you! Ya'll are making my day!
swings on cast cd's
 Apr 18 2011, 05:00:54 PM
Thank you, mallardo!
swings on cast cd's
 Apr 17 2011, 11:00:06 PM
When I was a swing on Hairspray I got to do the cast recording. I believe it's up to the producers and not Equity.
Discussion of 9 year old boy's performance of Defying Gravity
 Sep 17 2010, 10:49:03 PM
I do think that it's unrealistic to expect a polished, professional video from DIYers. It makes little sense to hold it, or any like it, to a professional standard, even if that was a person's aim.
 Sep 17 2010, 10:44:14 PM
I agree. And, yes, they will say what they'll say.
 Sep 17 2010, 10:30:46 PM
I agree with you completely, and thank you for understanding my point of view.

As for the comedy, I've never understood this type of humor. But I can respect it when it's intelligent, clearly meant to be humorous, and not an attack on a child.

Sep 17 2010, 10:17:43 PM
I haven't been clear.

I'm asking everyone here to make the choice to be more sensitive when discussing children, making this corner of the world more nurturing, not less.

I don't care about what anyone else does - the world doesn't need more Perezes and one person's bad behavior doesn't excuse another's. This is not a therapist or mentor request.

If you want to make a different choice, you are free to do so, as I'm free to make this request. Just accept responsibility

Sep 17 2010, 09:55:35 PM
Yes, he does have to be tough to survive and grow into a healthy adult. We can also exercise some restraint, responsibility, and strength of character when we are online, and help create a more nurturing world.
 Sep 17 2010, 09:07:08 PM
Message boards, aided by anonymity, are much more vicious than any critic's work I've ever read.
 Sep 17 2010, 04:15:26 PM
I would have thought that more people would find it atrocious to be criticizing a child on a message board. I do.
How do broadway salaries work?
 Sep 7 2010, 03:26:15 PM
"Also, the Dance Captain receives an extra bump to their weekly salary. In addition to the swings and understudies receiving some amount for each part they cover, ensemble members receive their minimum weekly salary plus a "parts" payment that is related to the number of parts they cover, determined by Equity before performances begin."

Not all parts. Only principals and ensemble features.

"If an ensemble member plays various parts and is the dance captain and understudies the

Sep 7 2010, 01:29:05 PM
That's not true for unemployment.

New York State looks at the first 4 of the last 5 completed calendar quarters and picks the highest one. Then they divide by 26. If the amount is $405 or more, your weekly amount is $405. But, you have to, in the remaining 3 quarters, have made 1.5 times the amount of your highest quarter.

So 8 weeks of work means nothing if you don't have work weeks in other calendar quarters with earnings adding up to 1.5 times your high quarter.

Sep 3 2010, 02:26:03 PM
"I assume that the Principal/Chorus designation goes by the role and not by the actor." - That is correct.

I had an answering service when I started in the business in 1998 and got rid of it in 2001.

Producers always want to save money. It's their job.

In Hairspray, the council kids, Motormouth kids, and swings were not principals. Everyone else was, as I recall.

Sep 3 2010, 02:01:40 PM
mikem -

A new question:

"My understanding is that swings do not get paid extra if they go on for an ensemble member; that is considered a standard part of their job."
- That is correct.

"Do they typically get paid extra if they go on for a higher-billed performer? (What is the right term for the actors who are billed above the ensemble, anyway? Is there a term for them? Featured?) Is it different if they go on for a lead?"
- There are two contracts, Princip

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You