News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MsRed

Member Name: MsRed
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Listening to Cast Albums before seeing a Musical for the firIst time
 Mar 25 2018, 02:49:10 PM

I'd say I'm the exact opposite.

I read all possible spoilers before I watch a movie. I would not go to a concert of someone whose songs I can't sing along (I find it almost disrespectful). I had learned the lyrics to every single DEH song before I watched the show. (Don't worry, I know my modus operandi is not popular)

I'm not a fan of surprises, because I tend to be underwhelmed most times. I like knowing where I'm going and what I'm stepping on

CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD (2018) Previews
 Mar 25 2018, 02:17:22 PM

Theater'sBestFriend said: "IMHO, I think it’s pretty amazing that Jackson learned ASL just to take on this part. How many actors do you think would take on the challenge of performing in two languages, let alone one being ASL? I think that shows guts & incredible commitment."

^ Exactly!

I think it was darn impressive for JJ to learn a whole new language in a matter of months. I'm pretty sure it's still not second nature to him (some peopl

Steven Spielberg, keep ben Platt away from the west side story remake
 Mar 22 2018, 06:15:39 PM

broadwaynerdnewbie said: I’m really interested to how he plays his role in Love and Oatmeal because the synopsis of that film is a vast departure from the previous roles he’s played...well I guess it could be semi related to DEH given the subject material dealing with mental illness but other than that it’s going to be different."

I'll keep an eye on this one!

I really wanna see Ben playing a strong, confident character, who's no

Steven Spielberg, keep ben Platt away from the west side story remake
 Mar 22 2018, 01:44:15 AM

If you watched him in Pitch Perfect you noticed that he's got the same awkwardness/nervousness, and that was before Evan/DEH.

I absolutely loved his Maria rendition, but I do think he seems to play the same "awkward/anxious, just a tad effeminate" character in most of his movie roles (you can see it in "Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk" and "The Female Brain" as well).

I'm looking forward to see if he shakes it off for The Politician

CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD (2018) Previews
 Mar 22 2018, 01:35:29 AM

I'm going to the very first performance (March 22).

I bought my ticket in October last year, and have been waiting anxiously ever since! 

Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
 Sep 13 2017, 12:03:52 PM

My daughter and I are going tonight, for my birthday.

I'm crossing fingers that I'll be able to watch the whole original cast perform (especially considering the crazy amount of $ last minute tickets cost)... ??

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You