News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WkdBARN

Member Name: WkdBARN
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Recent Cinderella Rush?  Aug 13 2013, 10:43:52 PM
I saw the show tonight. It was really lovely. Victoria Clark was out. I don't know if it was just tonight of if perhaps this week is her vacation. I went to the box office less than 2 hours before the show and they still have rush tickets. Sat in row F of the Rear Mezz
Dee Dee Magno  Jul 12 2013, 12:57:37 PM
I thought she was fantastic in Wicked when I saw her on Tour in Hartford, and she is just a beyond lovely person. Nothing but good things to say about her.
Golden Age Musical Audition Song  Nov 4 2012, 07:49:49 PM
Hello folks,

I know I don't post often, so please don't hate me for randomly asking this question.

But, I am going to be auditioning for West Side Story soon and they are asking for 16 bars from a Golden Age musical. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for songs that might be good to use for this audition that would work for a high Tenor??

Thank you thank you!

Anyone else notice the off-stage crises at DETROIT tonight?  Aug 29 2012, 04:36:40 PM
I was there for the first preview. The noise was horrendous during the incredibly quiet scene between the two women. I forgave it because it was the first preview and hoped it would have at least been lessened by now, which unfortunately doesn't seem to be the case. What I found to be in poor taste was the crew member that was repeatedly saying "Oh Sh**!" in far too loud of a whisper. Hopefully that has ceased. I also was in the front row, so perhaps it was not heard by those farther back.

Stephanie J. Block will sell tickets  Feb 24 2012, 04:52:35 PM
Chad, I am not sure about Orch tix through Telecharge, but I called HipTix this morning and the woman on the phone was incredibly nice and without question said she would switch my seats. I even started to go into my whole "I saw Stephanie and loved her, but was hoping to see Sutton and I understand things change and different actors take over parts, blah blah" and she was completely understanding saying that because of this sudden change for them and for us, that they would be happy to switch
She's 'De-Lovely' and She's Coming Back! Stephanie J. Block to Return to ANYTHING GOES March 15th  Feb 23 2012, 08:14:23 PM
I saw her in November and LOVED her! But I got tickets through HipTix for April 22nd thinking Sutton would still be in it because I want to see her in the role! I know that HipTix says there are no refunds or exchanges, but do you think that they would switch in this case?? Considering she was announced to be in the show until April 29th, I don't think it's too crazy to say I wanted to see her and I would like to switch my seats.
Tweet it!  Feb 20 2012, 11:23:32 PM
I didn't say you suggested they were unfriendly. I was just expressing my experience considering it was one on one versus one on computer. And alright about the quotes.

I'm being defensive because people are making definitive statements about the experience without ever experiencing it. They may not be attacking me, but people have said that there is no way for someone to fully enjoy or experience the show while live tweeting. I am just responding to say that they are incorrect because

Tweet it!  Feb 20 2012, 10:46:21 PM
Thanks AGermano!!

Dramamama611: It is correct that we all enjoy the show, otherwise we would not have signed up to be part of the event. If you want to call it biased advertisement, then ok. It's still positive advertisement for the show.

And the cast didn't say it was "fine" (your use of quotations here seems to be off - I don't know where you heard that they used that word) they thanked us for doing it and were incredibly friendly to all of us. I don't think they were grumbl

Tweet it!  Feb 20 2012, 07:57:24 PM
Yesterday night was the first TweetSeat event, so there would not have been any way to see TweetSeaters before.

EDIT: Sorry... Misread the message. I've been there 4 times before. I'm not sure what you are getting at.....

Tweet it!  Feb 20 2012, 07:55:16 PM
As I said in my earlier comment, I paid plenty of attention to it. If I hadn't paid attention to it, I wouldn't have had anything to tweet about. And I also said earlier, I even noticed things in the show that I had not noticed previously, so clearly I was paying attention, or I wouldn't have noticed anything.
Marat Sade at NYU- Opens at the end of this month  Feb 20 2012, 07:39:58 PM
i go to NYU, so I may end up going! I'll let you know what I think of it if I do go.
Godspell Audience Participation Question  Feb 20 2012, 10:48:43 AM
Generally those in the lotto seats are chosen, though I have been at performances where people on the aisles right next to the pillow seats have been brought up. So if you or your friend's seats are located right near the aisle towards the lobby side of the audience, there is a chance to be chosen.
Tweet it!  Feb 20 2012, 10:45:21 AM
I was there last night as well, but as one of the TweetSeaters. There were 18 of us and we were located in the last row on either side of Shannon Ford, the drummer. We were instructed (and everyone obliged) to turn our phones to their lowest Brightness setting and to keep the phones in our laps as opposed to holding them up close to our face. They also asked that we turn our phones over (or turn the screen off) during moments of extreme or complete darkness, which, again, we all did.

Julie Reiber to join cast of PRISCILLA  Jan 30 2012, 06:08:55 PM
I cannot wait for this. She is going to be great! And I haven't seen the show yet, so I'll be happy to go and see her!
Tower of Babble  Jan 18 2012, 11:23:06 PM
They don't sit in the audience, but they enter from all corners of the audience. I've been on the pillows the 4 times I've seen it and haven't noticed them sitting - just walking in down the aisles.
GODSPELL Lotto  Jan 18 2012, 03:28:50 PM
I was also at both lottos on Sunday. Lost for the Mat and won for the evening show. Like Staticradar said, there were over 100 people there in the afternoon, and probably about 70-80 at night. I would say a weeknight would be less crowded.
GODSPELL....WOW...  Jan 18 2012, 03:25:50 PM
I LOVED it! I've been to see it 4 times already! Generally I don't enjoy shows without plot, but I don't mind it with this so much because there is an overarching story of Jesus. And I'm not religious by any means - and part of why I love it so much is because I don't feel like it is shoving religion down my throat. The words may be connected, but the feeling is something of joy and community not "Be a Jesus lover or die." I plan to go back many, many times.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You