News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sowren1020

sowren1020 Profile Photo
Member Name: sowren1020
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Fun Home Tour review:  Oct 7 2016, 09:48:40 PM

The National Tour of FUN HOME has gotten stellar reviews for its first out-of-town performances:

http://www.ohio.com/entertainment/theater-review-fun-home-a-painful-beautiful-exploration-of-family-1.717274

and

http://www.news-herald.com/arts-and-entertainment/20161006/theater-review-fun-home-a-special-cathartic-construction-at-playhouse-square

Fun Home tour casting ?  Aug 16 2016, 01:46:18 PM

I can't wait to see what Robert Petkoff will do with this role in Fun Home. The recent video of Ragtime on Ellis  Island where he sang Tateh so beautifully was so great to watch. 

Times Square Scams  Jun 1 2015, 03:36:33 PM

Skies, I think you are missing the point on this thread. It isn't just inexperienced people visiting New York for the first time who are victimized by these predators. I've seen them attack everyday working people anywhere from 34th and 8th Ave to Times Square. When someone bumps into you and claims you've just broken their $500 glasses and causes a commotion, unless you've heard of this scam before, it's easy to be taken in, whether you've lived in New York all your life or just vi

Times Square Scams  May 29 2015, 09:58:05 PM

I'm so sorry this happened to you. A similar scam is when they stage a falling bottle of perfume that smashes in front of you and claim that you broke it. If they start to make a scene, they usually have some shills that will be the audience to claim that you bumped into him, that is when you take out your phone or borrow a phone and call 911 and call the police and say that you are the victim of a scam artist who is harassing you on the street and that you fear for your safety. Just kee

Is 39 Steps worth seeing?  May 18 2015, 09:31:22 AM

Absolutely catch it in NYC, especially on a Monday night when so many other things are dark. The W Hotel across the street is a great place for a night cap after the show, you'll be out by 9pm since it's a 7pm curtain.

Critics Pick: Ben Brantley's Review of 39 Steps  Apr 16 2015, 10:26:31 AM

Jarethan, it's hard to gauge what shows the first stringer at the NY Times will cover, but often when they have first praised a show, as Brantely did when 39 STEPS first opened, they will follow the career of the show in New York. When HONEYMOON IN VEGAS opened out of town and then in New York, Brantley covered it both times. You can see that Brantley did just review NEVERLAND in today's NY Times, so I don't think he's being phased out, but rather in the time before the Tony nominations next

Rita's diagnosis  Apr 14 2015, 11:07:25 AM

It's shocking how common this is now and am so glad she got a second opinion. Here's to her speedy recovery.

Critics Pick: Ben Brantley's Review of 39 Steps  Apr 14 2015, 10:47:51 AM

Yes, I thought the theatre at Union Square was a much better fit in size and history than the other venues. Great casting and the director, Maria Aitken, is a master at the clean delivery of physical comedy in her troupe, with Arnie Burton, Billy Carter, Robert Petkoff and the young member Brittany Vicars all doing superb dialect work and characterizations. 

New York Times Review of  Mar 11 2015, 10:05:27 AM
Good looking leads in this, this looks interesting.
Tony Nominations-Acting  Apr 16 2014, 10:41:06 PM
Best Featured Actor should include Stephen Fry in Twelfth Night, Robert Petkoff in All The. Way. also Best Leading Actress: Charlotte Parry in Winslow Boy, Rebecca Hall in Machinal

All The Way Stage Door  Mar 11 2014, 07:19:43 PM
I wouldn't think that between shows on a matinee day he would leave the theatre. It's a 2 hour and 50 minute play and the turn around time before the next show is pretty short. You might have more luck being there after the evening show. Enjoy the show!
Michel Tremblay  Mar 1 2014, 01:23:58 PM
Nobodyhome thank you so much for your response. I've been a fan of his plays since I saw Bonjour La Bonjour in Seattle several decades ago.
All The Way Previews  Feb 13 2014, 02:13:24 PM
Yes. There is a very short walk they've gated off from the stage door to his car and the street is nuts. He is stopping and saying hello to people, but in the freezing cold weather after a 3 hour show in previews, you can believe it is very few people he can actually chat up or sign things for. If you want to cheer him on or look at him, that seems doable. The two nights I was walking by when I didn't go to the show it looked slightly on par with the Orlando Bloom post R&J crowd the night I went
All The Way Previews  Feb 11 2014, 04:32:49 PM
Here is a discount code until March 13th I believe. Be sure to enter the code in the in the yellow tab where it says "Got an offer Code", use NED1 to find the cheapest seats once you pick a date. There were some seats for $49 in the upper mezzanine.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/All-the-Way-tickets/artist/1939314?tm_link=edp_Artist_Name

All The Way Previews  Feb 11 2014, 12:49:31 AM
ALL THE WAY was a great night of theatre for myself, my niece and friend. It was interesting to see how a 23 year old saw the play and processed parts of history that I lived through that she has only heard about.

Bryan Cranston does a fabulous job, he does a real interpretation not impersonation. His arc and passion carry the storyline in getting a Civil Rights Bill passed is a great race and doesn't feel like a history lesson. There was also a lot of humor in the piece in LBJ's crass

Auditions for 2014 SeaWorld Performers  Feb 8 2014, 08:28:37 PM
Orlando Sentinel
SeaWorld plans to block shareholder vote aimed at 'retiring' killer whales

By Jason Garcia, Orlando Sentinel

4:42 PM EST, February 3, 2014
Advertisement

SeaWorld Entertainment Inc. intends to block shareholders from voting on a measure that urges the Orlando-based company to develop "coastal sanctuaries" and use them as retirement homes for its collection of captive killer whales.

The proposal was submitted by the People for the Ethica

Neil Simon Seats - All the Way  Feb 6 2014, 04:52:21 PM
Left Orchestra Row D or Right Mezzanine First Row.
I don't want the flashy musicals. What should I see?  Feb 4 2014, 11:17:48 AM
ALL THE WAY! Bryan Cranston is rumored to be fabulous in it.
Robert Petkoff as Hubert Humphrey in ALL THE WAY  Dec 12 2013, 04:00:59 PM
Thank you. Revised the typo with correct spelling.
Robert Petkoff as Hubert Humphrey in ALL THE WAY  Dec 12 2013, 01:54:37 PM
Now this is inspired casting! Several folks who saw the Boston run thought Reed Birney was good but this will be an interesting mix. Saw Petkoff's Mercutio in Romeo & Juliet at Chicago Shakespeare some years back and thought he was terrific. This show is shaping up to be a great cast of TV and stage actors. John McMartin, Michael McKean and Bryan Cranston, with Cranston nominated for a Golden Globe today for Breaking Bad.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You