News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for josiahsjosiah

josiahsjosiah Profile Photo
Member Name: josiahsjosiah
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Flick returns to New York
 May 17 2015, 10:56:21 AM

Would anyone who has seen this at The Barrow Street Theatre please comment on ideal seating for this staging? Is the first row too close for the raked cinema seating on stage? Is the audience seating at Barrow Street raked or flat?

THE WAY WE GET BY Off-Broadway Previews
 Apr 29 2015, 07:27:14 PM

I'm curious to hear more too. I really love Sadoski on stage, but LaBute's writing can be laser-sharp or sensationalistic...hoping for the former here.

If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?
 Apr 24 2015, 04:38:20 PM

Steven Boyer for Best Actor In a Leading Role in a Play. His performance  (as two characters!) is just unforgettable and his puppet artistry is phenomenal. For me, this was the not-to-be-missed performance of the season on Broadway.

The Flick at Barrow Street
 Mar 25 2015, 05:02:52 PM
I wrote to the box office last week and they confirmed that it was indeed coming in May, but they still did not have an on-sale date for tickets. They suggested that I continue to monitor their website, or join their email list to be notified (link below). According to their email the first performance is scheduled for May 7, 2015. No other details about the production. Hope that helps.
Sex and Violence, Beyond the Script - NY Times
 Mar 15 2015, 11:26:46 AM
I'm really surprised to see that there isn't more discussion about this article on the theater boards. This is a Sunday New York Times front-page (above-the-fold) article about the professional lives of the people we discuss regularly here. As a person who is not part of the professional theater community I was pretty shocked to read how really regressive the current policies (and lack thereof) seem to be, especially for fairly prominent and established New York institutions (let alone the union
THE INVISIBLE HAND at NYTW
 Nov 30 2014, 12:30:04 PM
running time?
ON THE TOWN Box Office Yikes!
 Nov 5 2014, 06:13:12 PM
thanks!
ALLEGRO at Classic Stage Company
 Nov 5 2014, 06:12:28 PM
I have tickets to see this in December, but now I'm rethinking...would those who have seen this production categorize it as maybe more "interesting" than "wonderful"? I only get down to the City 5 or 6 times a year and I like to maximize my experience. At this point I'm seeing this at the "expense" of ON THE TOWN and HONEYMOON IN VEGAS, both of which I kinda figured I would try to catch when I come back in February or May. I'm not an R&H completist and I've already caught a few Doyle et al. "act
ON THE TOWN Box Office Yikes!
 Nov 5 2014, 06:01:09 PM
I'm curious about why the discounts for this show currently all expire on November 23rd? I get that Thanksgiving week is probably a relatively easy sell at full price, but I'm planning a visit in the first week in December and there's no discount available for a Tuesday night? Ticketmaster seating shows hundreds of available seats. What might they be waiting for?
Who could tackle Professor Harold Hill?
 Jun 19 2012, 11:45:39 PM
Neil Patrick Harris
THE SCHOOL FOR LIES
 Apr 22 2011, 09:10:28 AM
I loved it and laughed throughout both acts. A refreshing playful update which is perfect for CSC. Thought the direction was spot-on and all of the actors delightful. And the costumes were delicious!!! Just go and have fun.
WHITE'S LIES Ben Andron: any more info?
 Mar 20 2010, 09:55:03 AM
I'm kind of curious about buying tickets for WHITE'S LIES. The cast intrigues me. But the brief info sounds potentially sit-com-esque. I couldn't find any further info on the playwright, Ben Andron. Does anyone know of anything else he's written? Is anyone else excited for this show? I'd like to hear a little bit more before diving in. Thx.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You