News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Musikal

Member Name: Musikal
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
 Oct 20 2017, 06:39:45 PM

Hi all!  I was able to get 5 seats for my family and saw DEH last night!  ( I posted earlier about my house flooding and taking kids to NYC)  Here's what I did:

I was able to snag 3 single seats using the 4 day rule. We needed the Thurs night show so I searched on Sun.  I was afraid to release the single seat to go back and look for 2 seats.  We were in Michigan visiting family, I got one early around noon- Mezanine, row K, seat 4, $149.  Then one right after at 12:12- Orchestra row K, seat 24, $213.  I kept searching and at 3:53 snagged 1 premium seat, orchestra row B, seat 103, cost $439.  I did have trouble with telecharge locking me out- it locked out everyone's phones so frustrating. Then, I needed a pair of seats together because I didn't want my 9 yr old by herself.  I hired the "Line Dudes" to sit in the cancellation line.  Their cost for 2 tixs is $395 per tix which comes to $20/hr for 18 hrs plus ticket price.  You pay up front and they buy the ticket.  He arrived at 1 am and was #2 in line- if I did again I might pay to have him come a couple hours earlier.  He texted me updates throughout the day.  They gave out 4 standing room only which he passed.  The person in front of him got a pair around 5 pm.  I arrived at the theater around 6:30 and sent 2 of my kids in.  He got called in around 5 mins till and passed the tixs off to me.  4 other people from the cancellation line also got in right after me.  My seats were center orchestra, row G, seats 13 and 14-they were on the aisle on the left.  They were the best of the tixs I bought except for the premium seat which may have been too close for some people.  When I started looking on Stub hub and tick picks the cheapest thing would have been almost $500 each for side Mezzanine seats so I was happy with how it worked out .  This is the service I used I would use them again in a heartbeat: http://www.sameolelinedudes.com/. Only thing is of course the stress of not knowing if you will get it or not but they said their clients usually get a pair.

Oct 13 2017, 04:26:09 PM

Question on telecharge searching- does it matter how many tickets you search for?  For example, if I search for 5 tickets and only 3 are available will they pop up?

Oct 11 2017, 03:30:18 PM

Hi all, I need some advice.   

This is me: https://youtu.be/BF-MtSxapDs  We had 48" of water in our house in Harvey and lost everything that was downstairs.  My teen daughter who has a lot of anxiety listened to Dear Evan Hanson pretty continuously and it totally got us through all of the stress.

My daughter and I really want to see Ben before he leaves and it became so much more important after the flood so I talked my husband into tacking on a trip to NYC at the end of a road trip to Michigan to visit his family.  We will drive from the Detroit area to NYC on Wed Oct 18th (10 hr drive)  and leave Sat morning the 21.  So I have a Thurs and Fri to buy tixs, we could possibly do the Wed 7:30 show.  I've been looking at the Thurs show.

There are 5 of us going to the show. I can split however is needed- 2 and 3, 4 and 1; 2 2 and 1; whatever works.  (3/2 or 4/1 would be best if we have to split.)  

Stub Hub tixs start at 400 and there's another 120 each tix in fees.  There's some on TickPics in the 400-500 range.  When I first looked around a week ago there were some around $350 on Stub Hub but don't see those anymore. I thought prices might decrease as the date became closer but as I look at the tixs they seem to be going up.

I'm looking at the 4 day trick on Telecharge, have those still been popping up?  I'm afraid to risk not getting the tickets.  I can still probably manage some of the $400 but I can't afford 500/600 each.  I was hoping if I could get 2 or 3 on the Telecharge then the Stub Hub price becomes more affordable if I am getting fewer tickets.  I could hire some of the line sitters but feel it's unlikely I would get 5 seats.  Since we only have 2 days in NYC don't want to waste it on sitting in line. Also since I am on vacation with family it's hard to check telecharge every 10 mins as needed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You