News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rafarosgon

Member Name: rafarosgon
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Disney’s HERCULES at the Paper Mill Playhouse- P/reviews & News Thread
 Feb 17 2023, 01:03:31 AM

It was such a joyful night at the theatre. 
The show was stopped for a couple of minutes, it seems there was a problem with the columns.

Overall the show is in a very good shape for a first performance. My personal highlights: the Muses and Pain & Panic. 

Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Feb 14 2023, 12:32:57 AM

I think the lighting design also doesn’t help: I was second row mezzanine left and I agree with feeling the actor so far away from the stage and not seeing facial expression. At the end of the play Nora’s exit is also blocked (unless you sit right in the center). I heard people cheering and applauding but couldn’t tell what was going on. 

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Nov 1 2022, 11:17:57 PM

Great first preview! The audience had a great vibe, and that also contributes to the moment. Initial thoughts: 

NaTasha Yvette kills it! Great comic timing and powerful voice. 

The way they approached Jerry / Daphne’s identity as a non binary character is very good. The standing ovation of the night was for their song “You coulda knocked me over with a feather”, after one of my favorite songs of the shows “Fly, mariposa, fly”

COME FALL IN LOVE - THE DDLJ MUSICAL Coming To Broadway During 2022-2023 Season
 Sep 11 2022, 01:18:34 AM

This new musical deserves all the attention. I went today to the matinee and immediately went out of the show to grab a ticket for a second visit. 

It is a joy. The musical is very well rounded, and in today’s  preview everything ran smoothly. I’m not familiar with the movie, so I cannot compare the difference in this adaptation. I really enjoyed the book. There is a very good balance with all the characters and all (even the ones introduce just in the second

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 24 2022, 12:19:40 AM

RippedMan said: "The lack of detail is alarming"

For example, using a back image of Paris portraying the Eiffel Tour in the background while dancing below the structure of the Eiffel Tower :/ 

Jul 23 2022, 01:12:18 AM

Adding on the changes already described for the end of Act 1: Jacqueline Follet is no introduced until the third scene of Act 2. This makes the narrative a little awkward as it was during the end of Act 1 when Jacqueline arrived into the red carpet along with Irv and Miranda instructed Emily that they couldn’t arrive together, so Andy gently sets her aside. 

Jul 21 2022, 09:29:23 AM

The transition between the friends / boyfriend and “Miranda’s Ball” near the end of the first act is confusing. People began to stand up and exit the theatre believing it was already intermission. 

Jul 21 2022, 01:28:18 AM

I have been very excited since they make the announcement some years ago. I’m not a big fan of movie adaptations, but I was not going to miss this. General thoughts after my experience in this second preview:

I agree with many of the comments above: there is a problem with the book and mostly with the use of songs as they do not develop characters or situations and the songs can be summarized in a couple of lines: “I arrive to NYC and I want to have a successful career, but

MACBETH 2022 Previews
 Mar 29 2022, 09:45:54 PM

At intermission. The first act was almost one and a half hour long. So far I have loved the lightning design and the music of the play.  

AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
 Mar 26 2022, 12:38:38 AM

MasterThespian 2 said: "rafarosgon said: "My seat was AA 224. I would say the first two row are worth the price for the 200’s section. I agree that there are some major props that could potential block if you’re seating under the 300’s section in the first couple of rows. It was a great immersive experience and I totally recommend the “lateral” sides of the theatre for this show."

That’s good to know. Seems like Row A

AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
 Mar 24 2022, 11:11:20 PM

My seat was AA 224. I would say the first two row are worth the price for the 200’s section. I agree that there are some major props that could potential block if you’re seating under the 300’s section in the first couple of rows. It was a great immersive experience and I totally recommend the “lateral” sides of the theatre for this show. 

HERCULES to Play the Public Theatre this summer!!
 Aug 30 2019, 09:49:10 PM

Dress rehearsal must be over soon! Can't wait to hear any reports 

"The Wives of Henry VIII" - coincidence, or "Six" ripoff?
 May 12 2019, 12:00:23 AM

By the sound (and lyrics) of this sneak peak, I would not say it's a coincidence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-aum34Ut2U&feature=youtu.be

Pretty Woman - 1 ticket for sale (50 USD) 09/29 2pm
 Sep 27 2018, 12:43:08 PM

I bought a ticket for Pretty Woman for Saturday September 29 at 2pm. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend and I haven't been able to resell this ticket in TM.  The seat is great: Mezzanine Row G Seat 113. I'm offering it at 50 USD (Face Value is 169 + fees) 

Pretty Woman - 1 ticket for sale (half price) 09/29 2pm
 Sep 25 2018, 12:34:14 PM

I bought a ticket for Pretty Woman for Saturday September 29 at 2pm. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend The seat is great: Mezzanine Row G Seat 113. As I need to sell it, I'm offering it at 90 USD (Face Value is 169 + fees) 

PM me if you're interested!

Pretty Woman - 1 ticket for sale (half price) 09/29 2pm
 Aug 21 2018, 06:34:55 PM

I bought a ticket for Pretty Woman for Saturday September 29 at 2pm. I will not be able to attend, and as my credit card is not from the USA, I cannot resell it in Ticketmaster. The seat is great: Mezzanine Row G Seat 113. As I need to sell it, I'm offering it at 90 USD (Face Value is 169 + fees) 

PM me if you're interested!

Playbills from theaters
 Dec 2 2017, 01:14:02 PM

Last month I went to pick my tickets at the box office of the Palace Theatre (SpongeBob Squarepants) and right before me, 2 teens were in line. When it was their turn, they asked the man in the Box Office if he had any extra playbills and the man gave them 2 playbills. This was a Saturday morning 3 hours before the first show.  I suppose it depends on the theatre / show as I have read some comments of theaters where they do not give playbills unless you see the show. 

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
 Oct 18 2017, 01:23:34 PM

July 11. Balcony Center Row D 117 $130

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You