News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JulesJules

JulesJules Profile Photo
Member Name: JulesJules
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What are some roles that don't require a great (or pleasant) singing voice?
 Jun 22 2011, 01:32:26 PM
BackwoodsBarbie I have to STRONGLY disagree about Company. Having just stage managed a production in my college I can safely say that all the parts in that show are RIDICULOUS in terms of harmonies and exposed solo lines. All the women have to have pretty high voices and so on. You can use the '95 recording as an example of Company being done with so-so singers, then again this is one of the reasons why for most of it,it simply isn't a very good recording.

I also think that regardless o

People's Careers on here?
 Jun 16 2011, 05:20:53 PM
Music Theater student, :P
I Miss On Sheep Bleating
 Jun 4 2011, 01:23:29 AM
I liked it in Xanadu because of the nature of the show, the audience was addressed at many moments during the action and so on. I actually didn't appreciate it during Spring Awakening because aside from the swings singing from those seats or whatever the audience added NOTHING to the show if you were watching from the orchestra. I'm still not quite sure why they were there.
The Story So Far... podcast!!! SO GOOD.
 Jun 4 2011, 01:08:20 AM
http://www.masterworksbroadway.com/podcast/series/the-story-so-far-series

So as many of you know the Stephen Sondheim collection that Masterworks broguht out a few years ago was a great compilation of some great songs in Sondheim's repertoire. These are a lot of podcasts (free on itunes) which compile about 5 hours worth of interviews with Sondheim, Jame Lapine, Hal Prince, Jonathan Tunick, Paul Gemignani, Laura Benanti, Elaine Stritch, Len Cariou, Mandy Patinkin, Bernadette Peters, and Patti Lupone as well as many others talking about each of his shows and some of the interviews are really quite amazing. Thought ya'll would enjoy. :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You