News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for curtain_call

curtain_call Profile Photo
Member Name: curtain_call
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Humans moving to the Schoenfeld
 Jun 23 2016, 06:45:46 PM

A few days ago, I purchased two tickets through Telecharge for the August 30 performance. 

Row C in the Mezzanine. I assume they will transfer my seats to same location in the new theatre—or will they? If not, am I eligible for a refund?

Daniel Craig and David Oyelowo to do Othello at NYTW
 Oct 20 2015, 03:15:42 PM

I'm not familiar with the NYTW ticket policy. Are tickets only available to subscribers—or are they made available to the general public?

Oct 19 2015, 03:07:50 PM

Play Esq. said: "curtain_call said: "I can't imagine what these tickets will cost on the resale market. Funny that Craig was recently complaining about Broadway audiences: too old...too much money. Well, who does he think will be first in line for this run? Only older, richer folks will be able to afford a ticket."

I've been a young patron for a few years now.  Many patrons of the

Oct 19 2015, 01:17:41 PM

He's really coming across as a crank. Whining about playing James Bond. B*tching about Broadway audiences. Needs to lighten up a bit.

Having said that, this production will sell out in a heartbeat and make a killing on the resale market. 

Oct 19 2015, 01:14:00 PM

I can't imagine what these tickets will cost on the resale market. Funny that Craig was recently complaining about Broadway audiences: too old...too much money. Well, who does he think will be first in line for this run? Only older, richer folks will be able to afford a ticket. 

HENRY V eventually moving to Broadway?
 Dec 6 2013, 06:10:52 PM
Looks like Jude Law is receiving rave reviews for his performance. Henry V is also selling plenty of tickets. The production ends its run in February. I assume we'll hear something soon about a Broadway transfer.
 Nov 23 2013, 09:50:04 PM
Well, glenbuck...how was it? I'd love to hear your review.
 Nov 22 2013, 12:08:49 PM
Huh? How would Henry V possibly moving to Broadway prevent you from seeing it in London?
 Nov 21 2013, 03:37:32 PM
Excellent. I look forward to your review.
 Nov 21 2013, 12:22:01 PM
musicman, I hope you're right. I've always been impressed with Law's stage work. I'm sure it'll be a successful production in London. It wraps in February, so if it moves to NYC, I assume it would start in April or May.

Guess we'll see what happens.

Nov 20 2013, 07:27:50 PM
I really enjoyed Jude Law's HAMLET a few years ago. Does anyone think his upcoming HENRY V will make it to Broadway in 2014 after its West End run?
BETRAYAL Begins Previews Tonight
 Oct 4 2013, 05:08:12 PM
Yes, that's what I'm looking for....some more reactions to the play. Anyone else seen it?
 Oct 4 2013, 01:25:16 PM
Getting back on topic....

We've had a few days of previews now. Anyone else have any opinions or insights they can share?

Thanks.

Oct 3 2013, 02:09:22 PM
Sounds like this play is solid...professional...and workmanlike. Good, perhaps even very good, but not dazzling. Still looking forward to seeing it, but was hoping for some glowing reviews.
 Oct 2 2013, 05:24:37 PM
Sorry, missed that on the first page. Nice recap....does anyone else have anything to add?
 Oct 2 2013, 05:03:23 PM
Hmmmmmmmm. Not getting a tremendous amount of positive feedback. Feels very luke warm. What were some of the highlights? Did any actor stand out from the rest? How was the music? The scenery? The costumes?

Was there anything that wowed you—or at least impressed you?

Oct 2 2013, 02:17:13 PM
So, does anyone have more details about last night's performance? What's the running time? Is it well-paced....or did it drag? Were you impressed with the performances? What did you like the most...and what could be better?

I'll be seeing the final performance on January 5, and I'm curious what to expect. Thanks.

What's coming in the Fall?
 Apr 10 2010, 02:55:01 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Anything else on the way?
What's coming in the Fall?
 Apr 9 2010, 05:54:16 PM
My girlfriend and I will be in NYC this September. Are there any new and notable plays that will be opening on Broadway at that time? I would love to see Red, but unfortunately, it will have wrapped up before we arrive. My girlfriend loves plays (and movie stars), so any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You