News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for anotherhundredpeople2

anotherhundredpeople2 Profile Photo
Member Name: anotherhundredpeople2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bad Lyrics
 Nov 4 2011, 10:10:53 PM
pinoyidol2006, I always just hear the "poor you" as "por you," as in the spanish word for "for" and "you," so it sounds like he's repeating himself.
the photo editors for the Spider Man spread in Vogue need to step up their
 Nov 27 2010, 08:10:01 PM
TimesSquared- My thoughts exactly! The quality of the photos is just...off. All over-saturated and over-processed.
Especially the last one, with the two of them lying in a "web." All of the photo is posterized or something besides their faces. Weird for both the magazine's and the photographer's reputation.
And they do look photoshopped on... I would've loved a more organic look, maybe even not so close up on the characters flying over the seats.

re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
 Nov 27 2010, 12:02:38 PM
I agree with the Smile suggestion, Jane and all. Such an under-appreciated show.
Also, Anyone Can Whistle with Raul, Donna, and Sutton really needs to be revived as a full production. The "concert" version was fabulous, though I found that mine was an unpopular opinion when talking with people at the stage door there...

the photo editors for the Spider Man spread in Vogue need to step up their
 Nov 27 2010, 11:47:26 AM
"omigawd" it seemed to have slipped my mind that the internet is srs bsns! Oh, whatever shall I do when the internet police catch me, I'll surely be arrested! Especially because this had absolutely nothing to do with musicals, and definitely not that new fangled thing called Spider Man the Musical. nope, no connection whatsoever to musicals here.

and Scott68, that's very interesting. I like that they did that, though I still wonder why/how there's a the hand on his ankle. The world may

the photo editors for the Spider Man spread in Vogue need to step up their game...
 Nov 26 2010, 11:15:52 PM
So I opened up to the Vogue photo spread/article in Spider Man the musical, and my eye was immediately drawn to this flaw: see the picture? That's spidey's ankle in the main photo of the story...see the fleshy nubbin on it? That would be a hand that is holding him up in the studio. I think it's just lazy/ ignorant of the people editing the photos (I doubt Annie Leibovitz did the editing herself) to not photoshop out such a clear flaw.
(also, here's the full shot: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vogue.com%2Fmagazine%2Farticle%2Fka-pow-spider-man-turn-off-the-dark%2F&h=4466d)

Roles they DIDN'T get....
 Nov 9 2010, 12:20:44 AM
Not totally broadway per say, but Shirley Temple was supposed to be Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz movie.
Acting Lessons from Miss Catherine Zeta Jones
 Jun 16 2010, 12:04:47 AM
not, "next"
"NNEEEEEEXXXXXX....X....TTT. YEAAAHHHHHYUHHHHHRR"
I wish I could have been the guy hired to write closed captions for the Tonys.... oh man...

(also, how do you get pictures to show up here?)

Acting Lessons from Miss Catherine Zeta Jones
 Jun 15 2010, 11:53:54 PM
I'm in love with this whole thread.
making screencaps has never been so much fun...

ANYONE CAN WHISTLE: maybe a Broadway run?
 Apr 13 2010, 09:36:16 PM
ah, you're right about the hour off.
those who I did meet *were* extremely kind and took the time to sign everyone's playbills and take photos and such.

ANYONE CAN WHISTLE: maybe a Broadway run?
 Apr 13 2010, 08:18:47 PM
to people who asked, Donna came out of the stage door around 1 am after the saturday night show. I only heard from a fellow stage door-er, I saw the show then but had to leave at 12:30 am. still, Raul and Sutton did come out and were both so nice.
Little Night Music replacement cast rumors
 Apr 13 2010, 08:03:52 PM
if Raul Esparza could magically age 10 years or so (ok, maybe more...), Fredrick? because what role *wouldn't* benefit from his "devilish cleverness"? (paraphrasing from the NY times)
Anyone Can Whistle in 3 Acts?
 Apr 11 2010, 04:37:33 PM
I saw the show last night! I sat in the top section (sorry for my lack of actual word for it...) in the middle, and the seats really were bad. the whole section was shifting right and left throughout the whole thing to see around the people's heads in front of us. but, as someone said, it was worth it just to be there. and it really was.
anyone know if there's a chance of them recording it? the cast was seriously phenomenal.
a woman I talked to at the stage door said she thought the sho

re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
 Apr 10 2010, 04:37:41 PM
That's too bad, I'll miss the huge chance of Michael being in the show a little.

side note, had anyone seen Tim as Henry before he left? was he even Henry at all? I just can't picture him in the role and it'd be interesting to hear what people thought of him.

re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
 Apr 10 2010, 04:22:10 PM
is Michael pretty much a step down from what he was before? I don't totally understand the difference between understudy and stand-by...

I've seen Michael as Dan twice, and I saw Bobby in the role once, but I honestly liked Michael's performance better, his portrayal of the character.

Actors and actresses that you wish had more roles
 Apr 10 2010, 03:10:39 PM
I think Victoria Mallory should have had more roles. She was in the original alnm, as well as Follies, and I believe a Sondheim revue. I just love her voice, though!
Perhaps Ramona Mallory will go on to get many more roles, hopefully. Their voices have a similar quality, but different. Call me crazy, but I actually love Ramona's "squeakiness." It just works for the character of Anne in alnm. Naive and dreamy, full of whimsy.

Your thoughts about the A Little Night Music Revival Cast Recording
 Apr 10 2010, 03:03:33 PM
I don't like anything about CZJ's performace...her phrasing in Glamorous Life is far too forced, as is her approach to You Must Meet My Wife.
Also, I thought the quintet just wasn't classical-sounding enough... I know that it *is* 2010, but they're supposed to be basic operatic voices. At times they sound too contemporary, in my opinion.
I loved Aaron Lazar though, as well as Erin Davie and Leigh Ann. I thought it was interesting how Erin sang Everyday a Little Death more... "sing"-y o

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You