News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for aliceripleystheshiz

Member Name: aliceripleystheshiz
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Follies stage door
 Aug 12 2011, 05:00:42 PM
If worse comes to worse, you could always mail it to the theatre. A better idea would be to drop it off at the theatre yourself or somthing (like the LA STRADA poster, I would NOT loose that thing) that would guarentee its safe to not get lost in the mail. Things like ITW CD covers, she would be glad to sign and return in the mail. However, she does ask for a small donation to Broadway Barks (or Broadway Cares? I cant remember) for each thing you ask her to sign. Good luck!
Anything Goes stage door?
 Aug 12 2011, 02:27:15 PM
I saw Kelly Bishops 3rd show, and she did not come out. One of the door men said that he has barely ever seen Sutton come out since very early in the run. I noticed John McMartin getting out as soon as the crowd started to form at the stagedoor and he walked from the door out to the street without stopping, understandable. Jessica Stone came out and signed, as did Adam Godly and Collin Donnell. Laura Osnes signed but didnt bother to get half of the people who stretched out beyond the baracade as
Follies stage door
 Aug 12 2011, 02:19:42 PM
I went to the first 2-show day so I can speak on that. It was the 3rd preview on Wednesday afternoon, and I was pleased with all who came out knowing that Bernadette almost never comes out between shows. First was Terri White who had to be one of the nicest people Ive ever spoken to after a show, she was eager to see what everybody thought and just to start a conversation with anybody. Then I think it was Ron Raines who was the only person who seemed in a rush, he signed for everyone and then le
Imagining past shows that've played the theatre you're currently seeing a show in
 Jul 4 2011, 12:41:00 PM
I live in the Boston area so whenever I go to the Coloinal Theatre (which I do frequently), I think of Ethel Merman standing right up on stage in GYPSY on tour, and then I imagine the out of town tryout for FOLLIES. There are press photos of HAl Prince and his showgirls on the lobby steps and it always gives me chills. That theatre was where all the big shows went while touring or doing a tryout in Boston, and its where OKLAHOMA! had its second tryout after New Haven for the oringinal production
Will PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE extend?
 Jun 1 2011, 07:37:43 PM
As of now it is closing June 19th, will THE PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE pull a SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM and extend at least a few weeks longer?
Happy June! ...bustin out....again.
 Jun 1 2011, 07:34:43 PM
Its that time again.
BWW Review: Patti LuPone at Celebrity Series of Boston
 Apr 4 2011, 07:24:49 PM
Anyone else see this yesterday? I thought it was fabulous, I was front row and she literally sang the entire first half of "Betwitched, Bothered, and Bewildered" into my eyes. *SWOONS*
Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to order!
 Mar 30 2011, 05:57:51 PM
Featuring the Tracks:

1. Overture
2. Madrid is my Mama
3. Lie To Me
4. Lovesick
5. Time Stood Still
6. My Crazy Heart
7. Model Behavior
8. Island
9. The Microphone
10. On The Verge
11. Entr’acte
12. Mother’s Day
13. Yesterday, Tomorrow and Today
14. Tangled
15. Invisible
16. Island (Reprise)
17. Shoes From Heaven
BONUS TRACK: My Crazy Heart (Original Show Opening)

Looks like we will get SHOES FROM HEAVEN accor

Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
 Feb 2 2011, 08:29:18 PM
Madame Armfeldt's letter from "The Glamorous Life" from A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC signed and personalized by Elaine Stritch. As noticed in Elaines interpretation in the role, she kisses the letter and laughs as she gets wheeled of, and the letter is also kissed with shiny red lipstick, making it all the more special
Verge Cast Recording Update?
 Jan 2 2011, 09:07:10 PM
To add to the info weve gathered so far, from frontrowcentre2:

"There are reports that the cast of WOTV will be going into studio to record the cast album on Jan 17. No label is attached as yet."

I say if we squeeze out some more emails to Kurt, it mighttt give him a little more encouragement to do this. Jus sayin...

Jan 2 2011, 05:11:26 PM
In an email back from Kurt Deutsch:

"Working hard trying to make it happen. Looks good."

"The problem with verge is that the record will cost upwards of 200 thousand dollars and since the show is not running there will virtually be no way to make the money back. So we need to look to angels in the lincoln center non profit world to help us get the score preserved. I am still hopeful it will happen."

Jan 2 2011, 03:24:11 PM
Laura didnt make it an announcement, it was only a comment on her status about closing the show.
I dont know if this link will be private, but those of you who are friends with her on this account will see it.

"Thanks guys! There WILL be a cast recording so that is nice!"

WOTV officially not extending
 Dec 14 2010, 07:50:41 PM
Too bad.
I was hoping to see it in January and then come back again in the spring, but it isnt so.
Im assuming this means no cast recording? Another thing I was REALLY hoping for, unless Sherie decides she actually likes the show enough to record it and release it while it isnt even running.

Dec 14 2010, 07:43:28 PM

Stephen R. Buntrock to replace Alexander Hanson in NIGHT MUSIC
 Sep 22 2010, 03:29:40 PM
"Will he sit bolt upright and scream DESIREE!!! and grab his crotch at the end of Now/Soon/Later the way Hanson did?"

Ive seen both, and when I saw Hanson he merely pursed his lips...Buntrock was great in the role, and what he did was stick his tongue out and whip it around, and it was perfectly hilarious. Hanson got less of a laugh.

Buntrock had great chemistry with Zeta-Jones, but Ive yet to comment on him and Bernadette. I LOVEDDD Buntrock's Fredrik though, and he looked fi

Dorothy Collins was in BALLROOM?...her singing "50 Percent" from BALLROOM
 Sep 21 2010, 11:04:49 PM
I had no idea Dorothy Collins had Dorothy Loudons role on the BALLROOM tour! But I was on the website her daughters put together (rememberingdorothycollins.com) and then read that she had starred on the tour....another one of those shows that has such a fantasic score but such a short run, its barely known of.

Go down the page to the heading ""Fifty Percent"- Dorothy on tour in Ballroom with the Broadway cast 1979" and listen, I prefer Loudons emotionally gut-wrentching rendition, b

FOLLIES
 Sep 21 2010, 03:45:17 PM
A good revival...maybe a tour? what could we get out of this...
Cheyenne Jackson will not be at the Bway Fleamarket
 Sep 19 2010, 11:26:39 AM
Cheyenne will be taking his partner to Paris for their 10th anniversery instead...AWWWW. So sweet.

This is from twitter(just for a source):
"Cheyguynyc: I'm sorry, but I'm taking my man to Paris for our 10 yr anniversary.RT My fiance & i were looking fwd to meeting u the most @Bwy flea mrkt...."

Patti LuPone: A Memoir
 Sep 16 2010, 05:12:26 PM
Could we get a link to the Ben and Daves page? Not finding anything anywhere...sorry Ive heard of audible, but Ive yet to use it.
EDIT: I mean by this that the link before that wasnt direct didnt lead to anything for me.

Places to mingle/meet other theatre people
 Sep 2 2010, 09:56:28 AM
Joe Allens....

Katie Finneran mentions in her Tony speech from this year that Angela Lansbury took her out to Joe Allens, whenever Im there I think "...What if I just ran into them here?"

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You