News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sondheimonmymind

Member Name: sondheimonmymind
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ewan McGregor to star in Roundabout's THE REAL THING
 Nov 1 2013, 09:43:08 AM
So who are they going to have Charlotte Parry play this time? It's been too far to remember the last time they didn't cast her in a British play. And she played Debbie the last time around so we can have all sorts of "interesting" articles in which she talks about graduating to one of the adult roles.

Nicole Kidman could be a knock-out Annie, but an unlikely get for the theater.

Sondheim Working On A Revised (Gay) Version Of COMPANY
 Oct 16 2013, 08:22:00 PM
I'm amused that so many are worried that the "gay subplot" for Peter and Bobby will be cut or not work anymore. If the genders of the couples are all being switched, it actually makes for an awesome opportunity for one of Bobby's female friends, married to a straight guy who's just too dull for her, to make a move on her beloved gay best friend.

All reservations withheld, the casting of this, the presence of Mr. Tiffany, and the participation of Mr. Sondheim has me highly intrigued abo

Tracy Letts, Toni Collette, Michael C. Hall, Marisa Tomei to Lead REALISTIC JONESES on Broadway;
 Oct 16 2013, 08:17:47 PM
Was very surprised when the Yale Rep production (which included a star in Parker Posey, and fantastic actors in Glenn Fitzgerald and Johanna Day) didn't soon after find a NYC life at a major off-Broadway house. This feels VERY high-art for Broadway these days, but I couldn't be more excited for the cast and for Mr. Eno.
Roberts, Baldwin, Bomer, Parsons Join NORMAL HEART
 Jan 21 2012, 02:37:58 PM
Bomer as Felix certainly does up the ante as far as potential Bruce's go.

What about Brad Pitt, who's company is producing the picture?

Into the Woods Revival? Anytime Soon?
 Jan 11 2012, 12:30:54 AM
Gothampc, I specifically mentioned that, excepting traditionally male-cast roles, which some of our greatest classical actresses have taken on, there are few if any roles for a woman of Streep's talents and star power throughout Shakespeare. Perhaps Cleopatra, though that seems far outside her purview or interest, and, of course, Lady M.
 Jan 10 2012, 11:07:08 PM
Also, I very quickly thought of Anne Hathaway for this production, but isn't she still vocally and physically prime for Cinderella? As Laura Benanti showed in the last revival, it is no throwaway supporting part, and I could imagine Anne going even further to bring Cinderella stage center if given the chance. I'm not sure she's at the age/life experience to be playing a woman so desperate for a child.

Let's throw her on there, and get Toni Collette or a similar early 40s/late 30s actres

Jan 10 2012, 11:03:28 PM
Not endorsing the idea (though I'm not against it, either), but what about Jennifer Hudson for The Witch? It seems risky for the Public to throw out an unknown-to-questionable acting 'talent' in such a role, but she'd sing the hell out of the music.

As for Streep doing a Shakespeare, with the exception of Lady M., I can't think of any play worth her time unless she is cross-casting in a traditionally male role. Am I forgetting any traditionally female roles that are still viable for her

Can I Be Blunt?: Jackie Hoffman
 Apr 20 2010, 04:48:53 PM
Sorry, who's Jerby?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You