News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tjdolan85

Member Name: tjdolan85
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Virtual Broadway Tour Series  Jul 9 2020, 02:08:13 PM

Hey BroadwayWorld! 

It's been a minute since I've checked in as the last four months have been crazy with all that's going on. You all were so receptive when we opened our gift shop in Times Square and I am so thankful for that! My company, Broadway Up Close Walking Tours, is my labor of love so it's been frustrating, as I'm sure you can all empathize with, not to be able to see shows, and connect with theatre-goers on our tours and in Times Square. A month ago I decided I wanted to still be able to bring some of our fun facts and history to the masses, so I created the Virtual Broadway Tour Series. Every week we feature a different theatre, starting with the oldest and moving forward chronologically, and each day is a video with a story and fun facts about that theater. Each Saturday I sit down with a theatre professional who has worked at that specific theatre to talk about their theatrical journey. 

If you miss Broadway as much as I do, maybe this will help fill the void until things return. The videos are on our Instagram (@broadwayupclose) and our Facebook (Broadway Up Close Walking Tours). Every week we put up the entire week's worth of videos and interviews on our YouTube channel as well. 

And if you're missing Broadway souvenirs, our website has new stuff that we just launched that we're shipping through our online store while our in-person gift shop and BROADWAY sign are dormant. 

As I keep saying, we're one day closer to Broadway - I hope you're all safe and healthy! 

Broadway Up Close Instagram

Broadway Up Close Souvenirs

Broadway Up Close YouTube Channel

New B'way Gift Shop and Interior Tour  Feb 9 2020, 02:30:39 PM

Hey JaredBway - It was so nice to meet you pre-Inheritance! I hope you enjoyed the show and I hope you enjoy your new shirt. We look forward to touring with you in March and thanks for helping us put a face to a screen name - see you then! 

New B'way Gift Shop and Interior Tour  Feb 8 2020, 03:16:24 PM

Ah - yes! Our custom "Theatre Nerd" Enamel pin was a major seller at BroadwayCon and our new shipment of them comes in later this month. Check back on our website or at our gift shop in a few weeks and we'll have them ready for you to purchase. 

New B'way Gift Shop and Interior Tour  Feb 7 2020, 01:41:50 AM

Sorry we've missed you in person! We are typically open every day from 10:30am - 4:30pm, unless it rains. You can always check our Instagram for updates on weather closures. All of our stock is linked across both our online store and gift shop in Times Square. BroadwayCon wiped out a few of our items, so we're waiting for those to be delivered and re-stocked. 

Let me know which items you're specifically interested in and I can give more details about re-stocking timeli

New B'way Gift Shop and Interior Tour  Jan 31 2020, 07:04:48 PM

30 is great! Those will look great in your Broadway Passport, I think! 

New B'way Gift Shop and Interior Tour  Jan 29 2020, 11:59:02 PM

Wonderful and what an impressive amount of shows, MarkBearSF! I'm testing out some idea for the custom stamps. I'd love to sell a set, but they might be a la carte so you can pick and choose how many you want / which ones you want, etc. That's on my list for February to figure out, and I'll be sure to drop a line in here when that's available. 

I would love to eventually make other passports down the line as well with the Broadway Passport being a proof of conc

New B'way Gift Shop and Interior Tour  Jan 28 2020, 12:00:13 PM

Hey Dramamama611 - you can go as far back as you'd like! The stamps are seven different BROADWAY designs based on our 6-foot tall sign in Times Square with 15 different ink colors. So, you can pick a color that best matches the theme of the show and then you write in which show (in the same ink color!) and date you saw it. So, you can put in ANY show on ANY date. We had a guy show up yesterday and stamp all the shows he's ever seen for 30 minutes. It was fun to watch - and now he has

New B'way Gift Shop and Interior Tour  Jan 28 2020, 01:38:30 AM

Hey Guys - yes, our new product just launched a day before BroadwayCon last week. I meant to hop on here to let you know about it but then BroadwayCon took over my life! It was so nice to meet some of you there this weekend and put a face to a screen name. 

I'm SO excited about our new Broadway Passport: https://www.broadwayupclose.com/product-page/the-broadway-passport 

My set designer friend, Adam Crinson, supplied all of the illustrations of each of the theaters and we put in some unique fun facts and history. Every time you see a show you can come to our kiosk in Times Square to get a stamp that's the same color of the show you saw on the page where you saw that show. We've had guests stop by and retroactively stamp all the shows they've seen (which we love!) and after just launching it people are already stopping by to get their stamps! I thought it would be a fun, cute way to have all of the shows we've ever seen on Broadway in a book that fits in your pocket. I hope you guys love it and can swing by a grab a copy either online on our website or at our kiosk.

New B'way Gift Shop and Interior Tour  Dec 27 2019, 11:46:13 PM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "I should be able to come say hello one of these days, as I work nearby, but if not I'll be sure to visit your booth at BroadwayCon!

Happy New Year Tim. Excited to see that new mystery product.
"

Woo hoo! Happy New Year to you as well - and more mystery product news soon, I promise! 

New B'way Gift Shop and Interior Tour  Dec 23 2019, 04:30:23 PM
Hey Dramamama - we’re closed as of last night until January 6th because of New Years celebrations. We reopen on January 7th!

As for hours: we are looking at expanding those but started conservative in our first year with the kiosk to test it out. I’ll be sure to keep you posted should our location and hours change. In the meantime, happy holidays to you all and we’ll see you in January - with a new product (that’s a secret for now!) that I have a feeling you’ll all LOVE!

Than

New B'way Gift Shop and Interior Tour  Nov 25 2019, 11:29:11 AM

dramamama611 said: "dramamama611 said: "Just placed an order."

And rec'd it TODAY! Everything is just as promised! Cute, catch-your-eye packaging, too.

Woo hoo! I was just packing up an order this morning and thinking "I wonder if anyone notices the packaging that I love so much?" Well, I got my answer! Enjoy your Broadway goodies! 

New B'way Gift Shop and Interior Tour  Nov 23 2019, 01:16:44 PM
Hey VotePeron - in Times Square between 43rd and 44th Streets. We’re a freestanding green kiosk.
New B'way Gift Shop and Interior Tour  Nov 22 2019, 09:17:19 AM

the.hard.part said: "How late is the gift shop open? Thanks!"

Every day from 10:30am - 4:30pm. In between 43rd and 44th Streets in Times Square. 

New B'way Gift Shop and Interior Tour  Nov 22 2019, 08:48:59 AM

Broadway Bob* said: "What are your store hours? I stopped by pre-show last night (around 6:45ish) and you were closed. ?"

Sorry we missed you! We’re typically open every day from 10:30am until 4:30pm. 

New B'way Gift Shop and Interior Tour  Nov 21 2019, 06:16:29 PM

Uncageg - glad you like the free gift and I hope you enjoy your Broadway goodies! My staff said they loved chatting with you too, so I'm glad you were able to stop by. Next time you'll have to join us for a full tour! 

Mike Barrett - I LOVE load-in and load-out of shows. We're hoping to be able to get backstage for Plaza Suite, but we won't fully know until the show is officially moved in. We'll get as up close and personal with it regardless, so I can't wa

New B'way Gift Shop and Interior Tour  Nov 21 2019, 01:06:56 PM
Hey Dramamama611 - woo hoo! It’ll ship out tomorrow morning and I hope you enjoy your items!

Emmaloucbway - can’t wait to have you join us again!

Kitsune - yes, as of now we have dates on the calendar until February. The next show that moves in is Plaza Suite, so we are just waiting on the schedule for technical rehearsals and what not. We should have that info for you available soon. But yes, we will have something for you when you join us in the spring!

New B'way Gift Shop and Interior Tour  Nov 21 2019, 10:24:05 AM

Hey Broadway Bob - thanks for your interest! Our BROADWAY t-shirts run large, so the 3XL may work. Otherwise, I'll keep this in mind for future orders - thanks for your feedback and happy holidays! 

New B'way Gift Shop and Interior Tour  Nov 20 2019, 11:36:14 PM

lila12 said: "I’m a local NYCer andtook a tour with Tim a couple weeks ago - the haunted Broadway tour. We were lucky enough to have Tim himself as our guide and the tour was super interesting and fun. I definitely want to take the Hudson tour in the near future, especially now that I know that a ghost light is!"

Thanks, lila12! Can't wait to have you back on our Broadway sidewalks again soon and glad you loved our Ghostlight Tour! 

New B'way Gift Shop and Interior Tour  Nov 20 2019, 11:34:37 PM

Hey ModernMillie3 - Thanks for your nice words! We make every effort to get you onstage. With the current show, American Utopia, that has been feasible on almost every tour. With Plaza Suite in the spring it may be trickier, but we do our best to bring you as "up close" as possible to every nook and cranny of that building. 

New B'way Gift Shop and Interior Tour  Nov 20 2019, 10:56:07 PM

Hey uncageg,

Yes - it's all of our own designs embracing our Broadway niche. My favorite is our new t-shirts that spotlight the techies and stage managers of the world: one says "Thank You, Five!" and the other says "Spike It!". We have a few other custom items that are only available at the kiosk, but everything that's on our website is also available in person (and then you don't have to pay shipping!). 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You