News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for edmundog2

Member Name: edmundog2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

'Boy Falls From Sky': A(n unproduced) film based on the making of 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark'  Jan 31 2024, 09:11:30 AM

Ravenclaw said: "I doubt this film would ever get made because of the trademarked characters and names as well as copyrighted material of the show, and I'm sure Marvel would never give permission"

Marvel wouldn't have to give permission for the characters and names, at least. Or even the costumes/designs. For instance, Hollywoodland was able to use Superman's name, costume, etc in the movie despite not having permission, because it was based on true event

Roles that significantly changed when their originators moved on?  Oct 13 2021, 12:32:22 PM

When Joan Jett was replaced with Ana Gastyer in Rocky Horror, they traded the leather-and-chains costume for a loud and colorful teal outfit, and the character got a lot loopier in general. And they traded the guitar solo (which itself replaced Little Nell's tap) with a kickass electric violin solo.

ALADDIN Reopening Night Thread  Oct 13 2021, 12:20:16 PM

So what's the deal with Freeman? I was a little bummed I didn't get to see him last night (the standby was great, though), and I was musing on making a return trip, but I take it from some of these comments that this is a pretty standard thing with him? 

Why Colorblind Casting Can’t Save the Classic Musical  Sep 15 2021, 06:45:18 PM

An interesting read, and not unjustified, but it was an odd choice to base it around Schmigadoon, since they make a bunch of basic errors about the show, which makes their premise seem more unfounded than it is.

Page vs Hewitt  Sep 10 2021, 03:24:16 PM

Something I like about this show is that the characters are so versatile. I mean, goodness knows Chris Sullivan and Andre DeShields aren't very similar performers in any way, but they both did incredibly well as Hermes. So I say even if Hewitt can't hit the lowest notes Page can, that's fine. Let him play it differently.

Considering the Broadway thriller  Sep 8 2021, 12:47:38 PM

Accomplice would be challenging, considering the stunt casting needs, but I'd be interested.

The Music Man’ is the wrong Broadway revival for this crucial moment  Jun 25 2021, 08:39:03 AM

Incidentally, regarding the unbearable whiteness of this show, I saw a production at the Stratford Festival a couple of years ago where both Harold, the suspected outsider, and Tommy, the boy from the "wrong side of the tracks", were played by Black actors. Obviously, they couldn't change the text, and the text that existed wouldn't bear overly pointed direction, but the subtext was there, and it was brilliant. And after you've seen "You Got Trouble" done in th

West Side Story???  Jun 25 2021, 08:20:38 AM

I figured they were returning because they were in the Fallon thing.

Book of Mormon & West Side Story  Jun 13 2021, 06:51:19 PM

West Side Story was in the Fallon thing, so I assumed they were returning.

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Jun 13 2021, 05:07:40 PM

Yes, he's old but so were the people from RENT.

And look how that worked out.

Oh, also, everyone who’s responding derisively to observations of colorism? Cool your jets. Especially the one who responded with a GIF of a rich white man laughing about it. Talk about telling on yourself. 

THOUGHTS OF A COLORED MAN to open on October 31; cast announced  May 25 2021, 12:28:42 PM

Keith David is definitely on my list of people to see live, so I'm all in.

Netflix's THE PROM official thread/reviews/reactions  Dec 17 2020, 12:38:16 AM

“ That really bothered me too in "Love Thy Neighbor". ”

That was particularly the scene I was thinking of, yes. Especially since it started BEFORE the singing even began. And it was throughout the rest of the film as well. Murphy couldn’t let the camera just rest on people.

Netflix's THE PROM official thread/reviews/reactions  Dec 13 2020, 02:14:53 PM

The age thing is a little weird. One of the aspects of the character is that he took a bus to NYC and saw her in one of her first shows. Their romance is like... Someone who’s always been in her life but never has, if that makes sense? There’s a better way of saying it, I’m sure. Making him 20 years younger puts a different tone on it, to me. It’s not a missed opportunity from another life, it’s just her boinking a fan.

Also, Ryan, you can do things with t

Old Vic's A CHRISTMAS CAROL  Dec 13 2020, 02:08:03 PM

Okay, that mincemeat pie recipe they gave out is trash because it literally just says to buy a jar of store-made mincemeat. Here, from memory, my recipe, which never fails me.

2 or 3 large apples, peeled and cut into chunks (I recommend Granny Smith, but whatever your favorite is is fine. But not Red Delicious, which is trash)

2.5 cups of dried fruit, split into five different half-cup servings. This year, I used dark raisins, golden raisins, currants, dried cranberries, an

"Rodgers and Hammerstein's How the Carousel Stole Christmas"  Mar 23 2020, 11:07:30 PM

Hey, y'all. I made something short and ridiculous today, and I figured I should share it with the online community most likely to appreciate it. Hope you're all doing what you need to stay sane in this troubled time, even if it's recording terrible parody songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bTUqO3A8wA

Rosie O’Donnell Show  Mar 23 2020, 02:29:38 AM

That's the one. Who is it? Why is it so prominently placed? Why hastily put on the fridge with packing tape? IT IS A MYSTERY.

Rosie O’Donnell Show  Mar 23 2020, 02:11:28 AM

1 - Caught two references to Rosie's running gag crush on Tom Cruise, which I've always thought has aged rather strangely given what we've since learned about Rosie AND Tom Cruise.

2 - Did like the reference to her Koosh thing.

3 - Most importantly, what the HELL was with the t-shirt taped to Chenoweth's refrigerator?

100 Most Historically Significant Musicals? (Corona/theater education related help needed)  Mar 16 2020, 08:52:57 PM

These are great suggestions. Definitely adding Carrie and Spider-Man, and while I won't do revivals independently unless they severely revamp the show (Cabaret, for instance), I do love the suggestion to mention the late 90s stunt casting surge.

100 Most Historically Significant Musicals? (Corona/theater education related help needed)  Mar 16 2020, 08:50:35 PM

kdogg36 said: "Out of curiosity, why did you note “sequel” with Next to Normal?"

I think that must have been me typing the notes in a hurry. I meant to put that note on Love Never Dies below. Musical sequels are such a rarity at all, and Phantom was such a huge hit, I think the failure of its sequel is very interesting.

100 Most Historically Significant Musicals? (Corona/theater education related help needed)  Mar 16 2020, 06:55:51 PM

Any I can delete on there? I like the idea of keeping it at 100. I don't need the Scarlet Pimpernel, I'm sure.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You