News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Broadwayhunk

Broadwayhunk Profile Photo
Member Name: Broadwayhunk
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is Calling Things 'Overrated' Overrated?  Oct 30 2016, 10:27:15 PM

I hate posts posed as questions.  They're so overrated.

Do Australia Have any Other Female Leading Ladies?  Oct 21 2016, 11:14:01 PM

yes it do

Glenn Close in Sunset Blvd revival  Oct 12 2016, 12:10:48 PM

To find someone like Gloria Swanson today who could pull off the role is probably impossible.  She had that rare mixture of surface hardness and inner vulnerability, lapsing into madness, that was a once in a lifetime thing: the perfect actress for the role and the times.  Handsome actresses like Streep and Close, while great performers in many ways, would have credibility problems portraying a once great beauty. I wish VivienLeigh could be cloned and brought back.

Glenn Close in Sunset Blvd revival  Oct 12 2016, 12:58:36 AM

Always felt Close was a bit horsey for the role.  Would love to see a film version, not a filmed stage version.

Who should have more fame  Oct 12 2016, 12:55:26 AM

Broadway will never rival Hollywood in the fame department.  Accept this and move on.

Most especially if...  Oct 1 2016, 04:35:49 PM

well, that is your perception.  Good luck.

Most especially if...  Sep 30 2016, 04:14:55 PM

Word of advice: keep your mouth shut unless you want a civil war to break out.  

School of Rock's Mamie Parris to Succeed Leona Lewis as Grizabella in Cats  Sep 23 2016, 05:07:32 AM

blechhh

Fired from new off-B'way show  Sep 21 2016, 01:10:56 PM

I'm sure those just starting out have played in some monumental dumps before reaching the Great White Way.  Accusing the producers of unsafe working conditions instead of concentrating on your lines is probably not a great career move, but one that is certainly commendable.  I wish him well.

Deepest/Lowest Broadway Singing?  Sep 10 2016, 07:36:11 PM

Ol Man River

Geeky OBCR Funny Girl Overture question  Sep 5 2016, 08:40:23 PM

they weren't really at odds, but that's your interpretation.  it's not unheard of for a music director to make changes in the official score for effect.  Who knows, maybe you-re right, but it certainly  drew our attention, which is a success.

Geeky OBCR Funny Girl Overture question  Sep 5 2016, 04:38:23 AM

It's not a mistake.  It's a transition.  

Lady Gaga confirmed for A STAR IS BORN  Aug 17 2016, 02:13:39 AM

Highly doubtful that Lady G would deign to come to Broadway for any vehicle after dipping her painted toes in Hollywood.

When is blind casting okay?  Aug 11 2016, 02:28:39 AM

I see no reason that Mary Poppins could not be played by a Black drag queen and set in 1970s Charleston.

I've turned off adblocker but still get nagged about it  Jul 28 2016, 07:20:40 AM

don't turn it off - just wait til it pops up  the first time and hit the blue box.  It will go away for your visit

Clickbait garbage  Jul 26 2016, 01:07:13 PM

I'm sure people have their own reasons for promoting the show.  I'm just pointing out  that many of his arguments are specious.

Clickbait garbage  Jul 26 2016, 12:32:31 PM

It's not bad writing, but he engages in some rather obvious rhetorical fallacies regarding this work with what appears to be an agenda.  

MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?  Jul 26 2016, 11:59:56 AM

It's too bad freaks of nature like Julie Andrews don't come around too often.

Bad Homo: How Musical Theatre Tested My Relationship: OUT.com  Jul 25 2016, 08:51:42 PM

This was actually accepted for publication?  Awkward.

MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?  Jul 23 2016, 08:33:15 PM

VintageSnarker said: "This is the closest I can think of for Anne Hathaway getting to the cockney side of Eliza. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV7ZD9Gvf_Q

It's difficult to think of someone who would be a box office draw and who would also have the range for both sides of Eliza. 

Seems like she was attached to a MFL future production at one time.  Her voice here has a nice sweet and pure quality with some range.  Seems like a perfect fit for the role.  Plus, she has name value.

"

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You