News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mattywhits

mattywhits Profile Photo
Member Name: mattywhits
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Fun Home understudies  Jan 28 2016, 12:51:32 AM

I saw the show tonight as well, and would have to agree that Nicole did a lovely job with Alison. She was deeply emotionally connected, especially in the last few scenes, and moved me very much. She sounded great on the songs as well. Judy Kuhn, Michael Cerveris, and Emily Skeggs were as wonderful as ever, and it was my first time seeing Gabriella Pizzolo and I adored her. Love this show!

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Nov 17 2015, 11:10:13 PM

is anyone else curious as to why Mary J. Blige isn't featured in any of these photos/promos? Is her Eviline costume going to be some kind of big reveal or something? She's the only principle who hasn't appeared, and usually it's the "Great and Powerful Oz" who's shrouded in mystery, not the Wicked Witch. Not mad, merely curious. Everyone else looks fabulous! 

The Wiz Live! Costume Designs  Sep 12 2015, 10:53:26 PM

there are crows in the original script as well, to sing backup for "I Was Born on the Day Before Yesterday," so it doesn't give any hint as to which Scarecrow number they will be using.

Women's College Cancels The Vagina Monologues So Transgenders Won't Be Offended  Jul 25 2015, 01:07:17 AM

"transgenders"??? you are an idiot.

Kelli O'Hara and Adam Guettel  Jul 19 2015, 12:09:32 AM

Wilmingtom, somethingwicked is indeed correct that both Celia AND Kelli did both Seattle and Chicago, albeit in different roles. Kelli got moved up to the part for Broadway. 

Dream Evitas  Jun 1 2015, 06:22:42 PM

Yes to Mandy Gonzalez. But also LINDSAY FLIPPIN MENDEZ. An actual latina actress who can truly do justice to the score? How novel!

re:  May 1 2015, 06:42:04 PM

I found a copy of this at the old Shakespeare and Co. downtown (RIP) when I was at NYU; I particularly remember one of the three parts, ON TIDY ENDINGS- the play is a short two-character piece about the widowed male partner (Arthur, originally played by Fierstein himself) and the ex-wife (Marion) of a man named Colin who has just died of AIDS. Marion has had a very hard time accepting that Colin left her for a man and then an even harder time with his AIDS diagnosis and death, and the play ta

Sondheim and Lady Gaga  Mar 13 2015, 07:15:31 PM
Seahag, did you read this article? Honeymoon in Vegas is the musical he references when asked about his favorite recent musical. He said it's the type of show he grew up on and seemed to thoroughly enjoy it.
Lena Hall Replacement ?  Jun 15 2014, 01:59:47 AM
Lindsay Mendez has bad tone but Adrienne Warren would be "absolutely fantastic"? Oof.
Wade McCollum Joins Wicked Today!  Jun 14 2014, 01:08:29 PM
Wasn't he also in Triassic Parq? I think so. He's a hoot. A hot hoot.
Beautiful Workshop  Jun 10 2014, 08:13:31 PM
Love Vanessa Ray and Patti Murin- would love to see them take over the roles at some point, given that the show seems like it will run for a while...
Breaking News: MOTHERS AND SONS to Close on June 22  Jun 10 2014, 08:11:45 PM
It says a tour is in discussion- do we think Tyne would do it? Would it be able to sell tickets even with her? I hope it gets some sort of life after Broadway.
Carol Channing Fashion Faux Pas  Jun 10 2014, 08:10:09 PM
You say faux pas, I say FABULOUS. Let's start a campaign to get Carol as the man in the yellow hat in a Curious George remake.
Idina and Taye no more  Jun 10 2014, 08:06:34 PM
^^^ so true. Sunday was quite a triumph for Idina, I'd say- she had to know she didn't have much chance with Jessie and Kelli for the award, but in terms of the performance she was in great voice and tore down the house (I'm not even a huge fan in the grand scheme of things, but this was one of my favorites of hers to date) and the show saw a nice bump in ticket sales (according to Playbill), so it just seems SO tacky for him to use the opportunity to get himself some press. Could just be poor t
TIME Blogger attacks Audra for Tony Speech  Jun 10 2014, 07:58:47 PM
MichelleCraig, that is a lovely story!

I think this blogger just took things far too personally and Audra's response is as gracious, poised, and well-thought as ever. How sad your life must be to try and find something in a Tony speech to use as ammunition- it's a night of celebration and Audra does have the right to thank whoever she chooses and for whatever reason. Just silly.

Cradle Will Rock  Jul 11 2013, 06:06:57 PM
Damn I wish I could see this.
If you liked TRIASSIC PARQ...  Aug 13 2012, 11:45:39 AM
Just giving this another bump to remind everyone about our show tomorrow night!

9 AMAZING performers singing the music and lyrics of the very talented Marshall Pailet (writer/director of TRIASSIC PARQ).

7pm at the Duplex Cabaret Theatre, $10 with res/$12 at the door plus a two drink minimum. A great excuse to get a little drunk on a Tuesday and support new musical theatre!

If you liked TRIASSIC PARQ...  Aug 8 2012, 06:45:00 PM
Apologies, but...bump.
If you liked TRIASSIC PARQ...  Aug 6 2012, 08:09:26 PM
Thank you, followspot!
If you liked TRIASSIC PARQ...  Aug 6 2012, 01:22:33 PM
Hey all!

I know there was a lot of Triassic Parq love on the board so I wanted to pass this along:

NEXT (Now Entering the Crossroads of Theatre)is working with Marshall Pailet(writer and director of Triassic Parq) to put together a concert of his music compiled from TP and various other shows he's worked on. There are a lot of really great tunes that are both hilarious and full of heart, all being performed by up-and-coming NYC musical theatre performers.

The show is

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You