News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mFabila

Member Name: mFabila
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

MAGIC MIKE Musical Creative Team?
 Jul 12 2018, 01:29:19 PM

Just got a survey with the following descriptors of the upcoming MAGIC MIKE musical to see which best appeals to me... here are a few with creative team mentions...

From Brian Yorkey and Tom Kitt, the Pulitzer Prize-winning composers of Next to Normal, comes MAGIC MIKE on Broadway. This highly anticipated musical prequel to the beloved film franchise features direction by Trip Cullman (Lobby Hero), a book by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (“Riverdale&rdquo, and choreography by Camille A. Brown (Once on this Island). Brought to life by a company of Broadway’s most gifted singers and dancers, MAGIC MIKE promises to be the theatrical event of the season.

The blockbuster movie that made millions swoon is getting a prequel… live on stage!  From a producing team led by the film’s director, Steven Soderbergh, and star, Channing Tatum, comes MAGIC MIKE on Broadway. Get up close and personal with Dallas, Tarzan, Richie and all your favorite beefcakes – uh, we mean male entertainers – in the thrillingly theatrical story of how Mike first got his mojo.

MAGIC MIKE is dominating a new kind of stage with the most electrifying dancing Broadway has ever seen. Choreographed by the award-winning Camille A. Brown (Once on this Island, Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert), this mesmerizing new musical tells the story of Mike Lane, a gorgeous male stripper with all the right moves. Featuring a flawless company of mind-bendingly talented dancers, MAGIC MIKE is an astonishingly sexy celebration of movement at its most masterful.

Encores LADY BE GOOD recording gets release date and track listing
 Sep 4 2015, 12:33:38 PM

1. Overture

2. Hang On To Me

3. A Wonderful Party

4. End of a String

5. We're Here Because

6. Fascinating Rhythm

7. So Am I

8. Oh, Lady, Be Good!

9. Piano Specialty

10. Finale (Act One)

11. Entr'acte

12. Linger in the Lobby

13. The Half of it, Dearie, Blues

14. Juanita

15. I'd Rather Charleston

16. So Am I (Reprise)

17. Oh, Lady, Be Good! (Reprise)

18. Little Jazz Bird

19. Carnival Time

20. Swiss Miss

21. Finale

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014L2YEO0?ie=UTF8&tag=castalbums-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B014L2YEO0

http://www.sh-k-boom.com/lady-be-good-new-cast-recording

Amazon says October 30, but the cast album website at http://castalbums.org/recordings/Lady-Be-Good-2015-Encores-Concert-Cast/29488 says October 16

Megan Hilty Upcoming Project?
 Jul 4 2015, 11:14:55 PM

Hoping it's Dames at Sea, or even Noises Off!

Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
 May 31 2015, 04:28:33 PM

We'll find out if it's officially announced this week (and not a surprise) or if BWW does another live blog of the Tony rehearsal. I went last year and that whole rap thing Hugh Jackman did was not done during the rehearsal and was a complete shock when I saw the actual ceremony at the Times Square simulcast.

Will they be singing the "All I Ask Of You" Duet from his STAGES album?

THE TOXIC AVENGER to open on Broadway, fall 2015?
 Feb 4 2015, 12:05:06 PM
I received an email from the Straight from New York master classes and workshops and in Tyce Green's bio, it states that "he is currently co-producing THE TOXIC AVENGER on Broadway, opening in fall 2015, which stars American Idol Constantine Maroulis."

I have never heard the music/listened to the CD of the show...

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
 Dec 25 2014, 03:40:26 PM
Expected to make $30 million according to the Hollywood Reporter.
The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
 Dec 4 2014, 10:06:47 PM
What do you guys think it'll be next year? Isn't Fox doing GREASE LIVE, too?
2015 Grammy Nominees for Best Musical Theater Album Nominees
 Nov 30 2014, 05:07:58 PM
Just like Kinky Boots won because of Cyndi Lauper, Beautiful will win cause of Carole King. The only difference being Beautiful is deserving.
SIDE SHOW Reviews
 Nov 17 2014, 01:26:57 AM
Hoping for the best with this one!
 Nov 8 2014, 05:52:54 PM
Guess that means the new song won't be in the credits.
 Nov 4 2014, 07:15:38 PM
Based on when we got the teaser trailer and the fact that big hero six premieres tonight, we could expect the trailer sometime tomorrow.
New Artwork for ON THE 20TH CENUTRY
 Sep 10 2014, 10:18:07 PM
So much better, it's oh-oh-oh-oh-oh much better.
CINDERELLA to close in Januarya
 Sep 3 2014, 06:20:59 PM
While Patina was a great in Pippin, Laura should've won the Tony.
CINDERELLA to close in January
 Sep 3 2014, 05:39:55 PM
according to NYT

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/artsbeat/2014/09/03/rodgers-hammersteins-cinderella-to-close-on-broadway/?smid=nytimesarts

Pippin Tour cast
 Aug 28 2014, 11:25:33 AM
Love this one!
Fun Home to Open at Circle in the Square on April 22nd
 Aug 7 2014, 02:50:06 PM
‘Fun Home’ Will Reach Broadway Just Before Tonys Deadline
By PATRICK HEALY
AUGUST 7, 2014
The new musical “Fun Home,” which had a critically acclaimed run last fall at the Public Theater, will move to Broadway this spring, the producers announced on Thursday. The show, about a young woman awakening to her sexuality and to her father’s secrets, is scheduled to begin preview performances on April 4 at Circle in the Square Theater and hold its opening night on April 22. The deadline for

Fun Home to Open at Circle in the Square on April 22nd
 Aug 7 2014, 02:43:05 PM
And the Tony goes to...
Donna Murphy joining ABC's Resurrection
 Aug 1 2014, 02:01:42 AM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/resurrection-donna-murphy-joins-season-722145?mobile_redirect=false
Into the Woods Movie Cast
 Jul 30 2014, 05:39:18 PM
They announced it on their twitter.
Laura Benanti joining ABC's Nashville
 Jul 30 2014, 05:26:52 PM
http://m.deadline.com/2014/07/laura-benanti-joins-abcs-nashville-benjamin-ciaramello-in-secrets-lies/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You