News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Born in a Ditch

Member Name: Born in a Ditch
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

KING KONG Reviews
 Nov 10 2018, 09:25:07 AM

How many times do people have to explain that they don't take issue with the review being bad but with the fact it is an empty piece of writing that doesn't actually give any explanation or insight? It's lazy. People expect better from these "top critics", and they should.  

BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET
 Jul 30 2017, 06:35:28 PM

Dave28282, I'm not really sure what's bizarre or disturbing about the statement. He very eloquently stated that he personally does not believe the decisions made were based on race BUT that race should always be discussed, especially within regards to actors of color being treated poorly/passed on/****ed over etc in this industry.

He stated that the show is one of, if not, THE most diverse show on Broadway. He goes on to explain he believes the show could be more diverse a

Ingrid Michaelson to play Sonya in GREAT COMET
 Jul 3 2017, 11:41:27 PM

Anyone see her tonight?

Playing Nancy Groundhog Day?
 Jun 29 2017, 04:26:19 PM

I always thought it should have been in the first act right after Phil and Nancy have sex. It'd be sort of a "Another Suitcase in Another Hall" moment. 

FREE Bandstand ticket 6/25! 3pm!
 Jun 25 2017, 01:31:59 PM

TICKET HAS BEEN CLAIMED!

Hi there!

I am sadly in the middle of a transit nightmare and will not make it to the city in time to see the show. I bought my ticket on TodayTix and can easily change the name on the order. It's somewhere in the orchestra, top tier price but I'm giving it away for FREE! 

THE OFFICIAL 2017 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
 Jun 11 2017, 07:41:47 PM

Congratulations to Jane Greenwood on winning Best Costume Design of a Play for The Little Foxes!

Charlie First Listen
 May 30 2017, 09:54:01 PM

The score actually sounds quite tuneful and smart on the recording further proving that the staging/set/concept ruined material with a lot of potential.

WAR PAINT - The Original Broadway Cast Recording
 May 25 2017, 12:13:29 AM

I don't know. Maybe I'm missing something. Caught the show this afternoon and wanted to love it so bad, but boy oh boy was I disappointed. Lupone was wonderful. Ebersole fell flat and after all the hyping of "Pink" on these boards, I was seriously underwhelmed. This plot is thin and the score is so bland. Maybe I'll give it another try once the recording comes out. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/21/17
 May 23 2017, 03:41:46 PM

Doll's House Part 2 grosses continue to climb despite only doing seven performances this week! 

Dolly Seating Question
 May 22 2017, 03:52:23 PM

I was just very lovingly gifted a ticket to Hello Dolly! The seat is on the right mezz, Row C, Seat 24. I know that's pretty on the sides. Is it obstructed or partial view? Thanks! 

Great Comet vs Evan Hansen
 Jan 9 2017, 05:54:18 PM

Great Comet all the way. One of my favorite theatre experiences in recent memory. I liked Evan but I thought some of that score was laughably bad and am a bit confused by all the praise on here. It's just another half baked contemporary musical with great performances by Platt and Bay Jones.

Oh Hello guest
 Jan 5 2017, 01:12:49 AM

The 1/4 evening show guest was Steven Pasquale

Way too early 2017 Tony predictions
 Dec 25 2016, 10:07:44 PM

Just saw Natasha and Evan Hansen the the other day and was blown away by both. 

Predicted Natasha nods: (Bold is a lock, others are possibilities) 

Best Musical

Leading Actor: Josh Groban

Leading Actress: Denee Benton

Featured Actor: Lucas Steele 

Featured Actress: Amber Gray

Featured Actress: Brittan Ashford 

Best Score

Natasha, Pierre OBC Recording?
 Dec 24 2016, 02:24:54 PM

Sorry if this has been posted before but the search engine is failing me currently. Are they planning on recording the broadway cast or is the off broadway cast recording serving as the official preservation of the show? Do we know any details if so? 

CATS Reviews
 Aug 2 2016, 02:23:16 AM

Buffalo Bill,

Absolutely a performer should/will grow more into a role as a run goes on, but they should also be able to start the run giving a performance at a certain level. Unfortunately, Leona is far from the level that she should be at given she is the lead name in a high profile revival of one of the most famous shows in the musical cannon.

Your argument of her "putting the work in"  is a bit flimsy seeing how that isn't something tha

Cats Previews
 Jul 16 2016, 03:11:43 AM

Was at the show tonight. It's good fun overall but it gets a bit boring here and there.

I know it was only the second preview so I'm sure this will go away, but when the show started the ensemble was just radiating "Look! I'm doing CATS on Broadway!" and it took a bit to penetrate through that feeling to get to the actual characters they were playing.

The dancing is the real star here. Andy Blankenbuehler has done a great job at marrying the

Audra officially only doing 6 shows a week.
 Jun 20 2016, 01:50:28 AM

DrMike said: "Saw the afternoon matinee 6/19/16.  Audra was in; Billy was out, and Audra was resplendant.

Just to be clear she isn't doing Wednesday/Saturday matinees. 

Audra officially only doing 6 shows a week.
 Jun 18 2016, 09:50:57 PM

I attended the matinee of Shuffle Along and ushers said that Audra is officially not doing matinees anymore. Don't know if this is old news but figured I'd pass it along.

This is my second time at the show and my second time seeing Darlesia's Lottie and I thought she was lovely. I'm hoping to catch Audra one of these days but Darlesia didn't make me feel like I missed too much! 

Edit: It's also on the telecharge website. 

How many shows....
 Jan 2 2016, 03:09:41 PM
  1. Into the Woods (Off-Broadway)
  2. Jersey Boys
  3. Book of Mormon
  4. Hedwig and the Angry Inch (x4)
  5. The Colored Museum (Boston, Huntington Theatre Company)
  6. The Visit
  7. Fun Home (x2)
  8. Something Rotten
  9. It Shoulda Been You
  10. Sleep No More
  11. Hand to God (x2)
  12. Shows for Day (Off-Broadway)
  13. Curious Incident
  14. Spring Awakening
  15. A Little Night Music (Boston, Huntington Theatre Company)
  16. Kansas City Cho
Will Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812 ever come Broadway?
 Dec 8 2015, 10:42:12 PM

It is absolutely stunning and special. Lilli Cooper and Grace McLean were standouts but truly everyone was fantastic. I hope this makes the jump to NY.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You