News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for blacktie

Member Name: blacktie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Who could do a 'Lady and Her Music  Jun 26 2018, 07:51:29 PM

I feel as if Lena Horne's show worked because she was finally getting her due recognition after having a career without many accolades. At the time she didn't have any of the EGOT awards. With that said, I'd put forth Jenifer Lewis, who's stated in her autobiography that a one-woman show on Broadway is her ultimate goal (and she can still kick her leg over her head). 

Vanessa Williams could definitely do it and do it well with the multiple careers she's had

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Nov 30 2015, 12:00:12 PM

perfectliar said: "best12bars said: "He's completely wrong for this project if that's his approach. And he thinks the flying monkeys are racial (?!?) so he changed them to Winged Warriors?!?"

The article reads like it was Leon's idea to change the monkeys, and Harvey just came up with the new name.

"

I believe that is correct, and it makes sense. The flying

re: re: re: re: re: re: MIA TONY AWARD WINNERS  Apr 26 2015, 01:01:30 AM
Crazy bump I know....but does anyone know anything about Joe Lynn's career pre- and post-Dreamgirls? He portrayed both Tiny Joe Dixon and Jerry in the original production, and died a few years after the show closed.
Nene Leakes in Cinderella  Nov 25 2014, 10:20:26 PM
I'm actually surprised that she's being supported on this board. Sherri was criticized and boycotted for her beliefs, but Nene has insulted the gay community on multiple occasions and yet she's highly anticipated. Interesting.
Carol Channing in Hello, Dolly  Oct 22 2014, 11:38:58 PM
I'd like the link.
Sherri Shepherd is going to play the Evil Stepmom in Cinderella  Aug 24 2014, 02:22:03 PM
I'm gay as well and have by no means had it easy, but Sherri's views don't bother me. I don't care enough about what she thinks to move into hostility.

After her performance on the Tony Awards...  Jun 9 2014, 10:33:57 AM
...which seemed like an audition of sorts, what roles do you see Jennifer Hudson potentially starring in on the Broadway stage in the future?
When Did You Fall In Love With Audra McDonald?  Apr 27 2014, 01:36:35 AM
A Raisin in the Sun. She created a new Ruth (much in the way Phylicia Rashad reimagined Lena Younger), adding layers between every line reading and reaction.
Vanessa Williams to join AFTER MIDNIGHT starting April 1  Feb 19 2014, 08:00:33 PM
Great news.

On another note...are the special guests eligible for Tony consideration?

Devil Wears Prada Musical casting ideas  Feb 19 2014, 07:58:18 PM
Given her timbre and years of finessing this type of character, I think Vanessa Williams would be ideal.
Raven-Symone out today  Apr 5 2012, 01:11:28 PM
Thanks...I assumed she'd taken a few vacation days but I didn't know if she ever called out due to illness. I thought she may have been shooting for perfect attendance throughout her run a la Sean Hayes in "Promises, Promise."
Raven-Symone out today  Apr 5 2012, 12:48:42 PM
Patina tweeting about feeling ill and "looking forward to a day off" sounds like she was continuing to perform despite feeling ill and would rest on Monday or whatever night the production is dark.

TheLadyoftheWood...have some class about yourself.

Raven-Symone out today  Apr 5 2012, 11:09:51 AM
Was Patina able to maintain her perfect attendance record throughout her run?
Question about Porgy and Bess & TKTS  Feb 22 2012, 11:01:41 AM
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Question about Porgy and Bess & TKTS  Feb 22 2012, 10:39:35 AM
I'll be meeting a group of friends in the city this weekend for a Broadway trip and we'd like to see Porgy and Bess on Friday. Does anyone know the possible availability of TKTS having tickets for the Friday show based on past Fridays?
What way will the 2012 Best Actress Tony go?  Feb 10 2012, 11:06:18 AM
Are you all forgetting or underestimating Angela Bassett's debut performance?
Sending good thoughts to Jan Maxwell  Oct 31 2011, 11:29:23 AM

"UPDATE: Why are there so many deleted comments??"

Sad isn't it...

I hope she has a speedy and full recovery.

Funniest mishap you have seen?  Oct 21 2011, 04:45:45 PM
The La Cage "new musician" bit happens at every performance. It seems like it's written into the show (is it or is that just direction?), although every actor I have seen do Albin has made it seem fresh (IMHO).

Oh ok...it would have been interesting to see it happen during the first preview and opening night lol. And yes...it being written into the show makes sense given the meta-musical construct.

Funniest mishap you have seen?  Oct 21 2011, 04:25:07 PM
I only saw the revival of La Cage Aux Folles once so I'm not sure if it's in the show or staged or whatever. But there was a moment when Zaza was on stage alone and one of the musician's (perhaps a saxophonist?) played a note or two that interrupted Douglas as he was about to deliver a line. Zaza/Douglas looked up and said "we have a new musician in the house tonight" and laughed it off.
All-Black STEEL MAGNOLIAS Film In The Works  Oct 12 2011, 10:57:14 AM
M'Lynn Eatenton (Phylicia Rashad/Angela Bassett/Oprah Winfrey/Lynn Whitfield/ Sheryl Lee Ralph)

Truvy Jones (Jackee Harry/Jenifer Lewis/Niecy Nash/Regina King/Taraji P. Henson)

Ouiser Boudreaux (Jenifer Lewis/ Anna Deavere Smith/ C. C. H. Pounder)

Annelle Dupuy –Desoto (Tasha Smith/Paula Jai Parker/Paula Patton)

Clairee Belcher (Phylicia Rashad)

Shelby Eatenton Latcherie (Patina Miller/Montego Glover/Brandy Norwood/Tamera Mowry/Keisha Knight Pulliam)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You