News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RJ COMMUNICATIONS

Member Name: RJ COMMUNICATIONS
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Theater Bulletin Boards  Jun 16 2014, 12:19:04 AM
Hello,

I am looking for actors for a short project. I am looking to post paper notices and flyers on relevant bulletin boards around Manhattan. I know there used to be a place to post at HB Studios and I hear there is one at the Ripley-Grier rehearsal space. Can anyone who knows of theater-related Bulletin Boards please add to this thread? Electronic BB where you can post FOR FREE would be helpful as well.

Thank you in advance.

When We Were Young and Unafraid  May 25 2014, 10:25:17 PM
I'm with you, Floyd. Your comments are right on the money: this was just awful. I would pay another $32
to find out what they did to Cherry Jones to get her involved with this stinker.

Shakespeare's 450th Birthday  Apr 18 2014, 04:42:01 PM
Next Wednesday 4/23 is Shakespeare's 450th Birthday.

PARTY TIME!!!!

If you know of events and celebrations in the theater community to commemorate this HUGE HUGE HUGE event, please post them here.

Aw, I may just have to throw him a surprise birthday party myself. (Don't tell him)...

THE HEIR APPARENT Previews  Mar 30 2014, 07:18:13 PM
This show is BEYOND BRILLIANT. David Ives is a genius, which anyone who saw "The School For Lies" already knows. Ever since that show, about five years ago, I've been waiting to see if he would do another French "transaptation" and it has been worth the wait. Aside from the script itself, the verse and dialogue of which is witty beyond words, you have a phenomenal, dream-team of a cast across-the-board. I happen to have grown up with these 17th and 18th century French comedies, so it was just N
BEWARE: I Remember Mama revival  Mar 20 2014, 10:52:33 PM
Totally disagree with After Eight. While the actresses were wonderful, (but seemed shaky in their lines, don't know if they were but that was the sense I had) the entire concept was flawed. There were just too many different elements that required suspension of disbelief for this to work.

First of all, the "theater" is a GYM --there are no stage lights. It's difficult to create the setting of a cramped San Francisco tenement in the vast expanse of a gymnasium. Second, the senior actre

Songs That Have Moved You To Tears  Mar 10 2014, 11:23:19 PM
One song interpretation that had me bawling was "Old Friend" sung by Renee Elise Goldsberry this past summer in "I'm Getting My Act Together..." at Encores. The whole audience was BLOWN AWAY.
Most Uncomfortable Theatre Seating: Nominations  Feb 23 2014, 09:30:58 AM
The last row of the Booth has NO legroom. I am 5'0' with short legs and I was extremely uncomfortable. The girl next to me STOOD through the entire performance, because she literally could not sit down.

At the Nederlander, there was a row in the Mezz or Balcony where you could not take your seat before all the
other patrons in that row had been seated, because there was NO such thing as passing a person at their
seat, that's how little room there was. The usher actually asked me

Love and Information previews  Feb 11 2014, 09:56:48 PM
Now normally, as a fledgling writer myself, it would never occur to me to post a negative review of a play--I figure to each his own and that's what makes theater so amazing. But this was SO UNSTAGEWORTHY --A TOTAL, EPIC FAIL.

Imagine, if you will, a full-length "play" with no scene longer than a minute, and no characters recurring from so-called "scene" to scene!! You've got blackouts after each minute-long mini-sketch and this goes on for two hours with no intermission!! The
reas

Mark Rylance Richard III ticket sought  Feb 11 2014, 09:27:14 PM
Hi all,

I am looking for any SINGLE ticket to either of the
coming performances of Richard III at the Belasco.

If you have one to sell, please quote your price and
seat location when you e-mail.

Thank you,

.R.J.
vvertes@hotmail.com

1 ticket to BRIDGES OF MC, Thurs 2/6  Feb 5 2014, 04:20:29 PM
I have one ticket to Bridges of Madison County for Thursday, Feb 6 at 8 PM due to
friend's emergency. It's a very nice seat, one seat off the aisle, theater right, Row M.
$47, negotiable...please e-mail vvertes@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Natasha, Pierre, & the Great Comet of 1812  Aug 9 2013, 05:03:42 PM
Thanks, dshnookie!!
Natasha, Pierre, & the Great Comet of 1812  Aug 9 2013, 04:56:51 PM
Hi,

What time and day do those of you who have seen this suggest getting to the tent to
take advantage of the $49 Rush Tickets? Is there generally a line ?

Also, does anyone have a working Code to buying tickets for the dinner also online? (I tried BB1812 but the Natasha website won't accept this code, even though it's linked via BroadwayBox!!:)

Sorry if this has been answered before on other threads...

Any tips those of you in the know, could giv

Ramin Karimloo NY Appearance August 1  Jul 27 2013, 04:57:14 PM
Hi all,

FYI: Ramin Karimloo is doing a NY appearance in support of his new CD at a new Bleecker St venue called Subculture, at 45 Bleecker St. on Thursday August 1. I would love love to attend this. There are, crazily enough, $15 tickets available for the side sections on TDF.

Enjoy!!

Encore Suggestions  Jul 1 2013, 03:51:41 AM
"Smile" is being done by "Musicals Tonight" in Oct/November.

I know that's probably not the big orchestra production you'd get at Encores...

A Magical Night at  Jun 30 2013, 11:42:46 PM
I love where he says "..as the dancers leapt and flew across the puddled stage. " It actually sounds like something Shakespeare might say, as if being in the play has rubbed off on his speech!! Wonderful!!

Tonight was the last night of the show, so this is a great farewell to a memorable production

A Magical Night at "Comedy of Errors" at Shakespeare in the Park  Jun 30 2013, 11:09:52 PM
Hi all,

This comes to you from Jesse Tyler Ferguson's Facebook page about last Thursday night's performance of "The Comedy of Errors" in the rain at Shakespeare in the Park. It brought a tear to my eye so I thought I would reprint it for you to enjoy....

Jesse writes on Facebook:
An amazing night I will NEVER forget.
Last nights performance of "The Comedy of Errors" at The Delacort Theater for Shakespeare in the Park will be an experience I will reme

Anyone Been Berated In Rush Ticket Line By Al Hirschfield Ticket Personnel?  Jun 29 2013, 10:32:23 PM
I would just like to add a thanks to the Al Hischfeld Theater and Kinky producers for actually HAVING a line monitor who took his job seriously. At "Book of Mormon", which is a four or five hour wait for standing room, the day I was there, there was no line policing whatsoever, and you had to be vigilant the whole time that a bozo ahead of you wouldn't have four friends suddenly show up and grab the spots. It was a real Wild West the day I was there and after a wait of many hours you couldn't be
She Loves Me- Caramoor  Jun 24 2013, 02:11:01 AM
I saw the show on Sunday at 4 PM. It was magical. Santino Fontana gave a similar portrayal to the one he's giving in Cinderella--goofy adorable leading man. He was PERFECT in this role. very impressive that he could do two shows at the same time--everyone was completely off-book and the show was staged to a great degree. When he sang the song "She Loves Me" he brought the house down.

I was less impressed with Aexandra Silber as Amalia. Usually a performer who starts off well wins you ov

Water by the Spoonful reports?  Dec 20 2012, 11:20:15 PM
I don't understand why it won the Pulitzer either, particularly against something as deep and ravishingly wonderful as "Sons of the Prophet". "Water By the Spoonful" was a cynical, paint-by-the-numbers NONDRAMA that just used every trick in the book to be prize-bait: let's put in one character of every ethnicity, never mind that there's no characterization or depth to said character, let's throw in the Iraq war for no reason whatsoever except to be topical, and Presto! Pulitzer Prize. How sad a
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You