News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sjewell88

Member Name: sjewell88
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BILL MURRAY at GHD again  Aug 10 2017, 12:08:18 PM

It was actually quite a starry night at GHD last night.  In addition to Bill Murray being there again, Jackie Hoffman was there on C& the CF's night off as well as other members of that show's cast.  And at intermission I passed a guy who looked so familiar to me,(mid 40s, salt and pepper hair, very handsome).  Later I figured out it was Jim Acosta from CNN.  He was there with his boys in the front row.

Love for David Carroll  Jul 20 2017, 02:17:40 PM

Oh my God!  Watching his Anthem turned me into a blubbering mess.  Such soaring tone!  Perfectly controlled vibrato and effortless resonance from the bottom to the top of his register.  Surely he is/was the pinnacle of male Broadway singing.

Finding Neverland at ART -- Reviews & Thoughts  Jul 26 2014, 10:36:20 PM
Thebeautyis: when you say "love duet" I expect you are thinking of something like "love song" from Pippin or "all I Ask of You" from phantom. That is not this song. The song I was referring to is called "what you mean to me" and it is all about how Barrie and Sylvia's relationship has grown and expanded into something intense and special. Meanwhile the shadows on the wall that the ghostlight projects are acting out that romantic fantasy that they feel too constrained by their circumstances t
Finding Neverland at ART -- Reviews & Thoughts  Jul 26 2014, 10:33:36 AM
I saw this show for my birthday last night and sorry haters but I loved it! Sure there is tightening that needs to happen and some things to tweek but the core of the show was very effecting, brilliantly staged and packs an emotional wallop that I found very emotional. It was also very well received by the audience who were all on their feet and enthusiastically cheering before the ensemble even started their bows. Expect this on Broadway this season.

Highlights
First act curtain

Name the 1st Broadway show you saw -- on Broadway  May 29 2011, 04:45:13 PM
duh duh duh duh duh duhna dah duh! The original " A Chorus Line" in 1990
'Sweeney Todd' Tobias: Man vs. Child?  May 29 2011, 04:41:58 PM
I played this role last year (I'm 33) and the way I chose to play it was as an adolescent, maybe 14-16, whose voice has changed but who is not quite an adult. Toby is obviously naive and innocent at the beginning of the show but I never considered playing him as mentally challenged. I just thought that he led a very sheltered life and had had a lot of hard knocks and thought he found someone who was good to him in Mrs. Lovett and that inspires great loyalty in him. He's a pawn of Pirelli in t
Trios?  Sep 3 2010, 08:24:32 PM
There's lots. "A Heart Full of Love" from Les Miz. "A Step Too Far" from Aida or how about "The I Love You Song" from Spelling Bee
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You