News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Fade2black

Fade2black Profile Photo
Member Name: Fade2black
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

How many hours per week do actors work on a show?
 Jan 7 2016, 02:09:07 PM

While they are basically Salary workers, they do ,by Union contract, get time and 1/2 for shows that land on Holidays. As to the 30-38 hour work week , I would say 30 hours would be typical and the 38 hour would be more for Put-In's and extra rehearsals.  

Next WICKED Cast
 Aug 19 2015, 04:00:55 AM

Let us not forget that Daddy is also producing the "Wicked" movie . 

Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
 Jul 31 2015, 05:21:24 AM

"Austin McKenzie (Deaf West's Melchior) has been cast as a lead in the film adaptation of Stephen Karam's Speech & Debate (Roundabout 2007) -
http://www.broadway.com/buzz/181430/film-adaptation-of-stephen-karams-speech-debate-in-the-works-original-star-sarah-steele-more-on-board/
Great for him, but I wonder if this affects his availability for Broadway? The film is shooting now apparently through Aug 8.
He was so good in Deaf West's Spring Awakening in Beverly Hills, his performance was heart-wrenching. I think it will be such a huge shame if he doesn't transfer. Also according to the program, he studied and was fluent in ASL already before he was cast, worked at a camp for deaf children, and this is his first professional show (before this he was only in high school productions). I don't know how they can find someone else with that kind of background..."

Austin will NOT be available and the creative team are desperately looking for a replacement. 

Next WICKED Cast
 Jul 30 2015, 06:11:19 PM

"^ I saw that too.. Wonder if she's possibly going to be the new Elphaba then? I'd still prefer Rachel though.. Guess only time will tell. New cast announcements for Broadway's Wicked are always on such short notice! "

Sorry, but Alison's "Next Thing" announcement has nothing to do with Broadway, or Wicked ( as much as I Would love it to ).... 

GIRLFRIEND L.A.
 Jul 24 2015, 07:02:42 AM

I loved everything about this show (and the Kirk Douglas Theater). The simplicity of the set and the sweet relatable story line (regardless of sexual orientation ). The arc from the awkward early accidental touches to the greatly anticipated first kiss and then...was nicely portrayed. There seemed to be a genuine chemistry between Bach and Hansen. The all girl band ROCKED. Would love to see this show advance further. 

Current Wicked Tour cast
 Jun 15 2013, 08:00:45 AM
" Hansen is a perfect visual fit for the pretty little rich boy who gets caught up in a love triangle between Glinda and Elphaba, and though the story brings too little development of his character, he delivers one of the best performances I've seen of "Dancing Through Life". His emotional duet with Luff, "As Long As You're Mine", is beautiful and haunting."

I would have to agree with this assessment from Broadwayworld.com

Why all the WICKED hate?
 Apr 2 2013, 03:04:41 PM
I think it is more resentment than hate. They resent the shows tremendous success!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You