News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ugly Duckling

Member Name: Ugly Duckling
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

John Doyle to Helm PASSION at Classic Stage Company in 2013
 Jan 13 2012, 06:32:40 PM
Well, I thought the Donmar production was fantastic and I'm glad New York is getting an intimate production/staging of the show now, too, as I believe it's the only way for it to work... and clearly, so does Sondheim, considering he did call the 2010 revival in London the 'perfect' production of Passion and devoted an entire chapter in his book to Thaxton's performance as Giorgio - something I found quite remarkable but thoroughly deserved as he was phenomenal (and phenomenally well-cast, as was
If there were a Passion revival, who would be cast?
 May 21 2011, 04:53:00 PM
Knowing 'Passion' beforehand and then seeing the Donmar revival production was an eye-opener, and everything about that cast - the leads in particular - was perfect, their voices, the age differences, their looks, the height, the acting, the direction that centred it all on Giorgio, and then the small claustrophobic space of the Donmar... I can't even imagine it with different faces anymore and I must agree with all the critics who said that they don't think it will ever be done better than that
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You