News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for whitless

whitless Profile Photo
Member Name: whitless
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hmmm
 Sep 14 2005, 02:00:16 PM
Ah, yes, irony, sorry. I think I was still smarting from the delightful "I hope Avenue Q fails miserably" post.

Carry on.

Hmmm
 Sep 14 2005, 01:34:37 PM
"A mammoth, embarrassing disaster"? Um, no, actually, but thanks for presuming. Avenue Q is doing just fine. It's a word of mouth show -- it was on Broadway, and it is in Vegas. The audience is building every night. As it did on Broadway, as it is in Vegas. We've only been running for three weeks, after all, and haven't even been officially open for a week.

And the audience response has been fantastic. I base this observation on watching the show every night for two weeks straigh

re: Ave Q reduced??
 Jul 26 2005, 11:32:20 AM
Hey everybody -- it's your friendly neighborhood Avenue Q book writer here.

Just to give some inside perspective, the only changes to "Avenue Q" are changes that Bobby, Jeff, Jason, and I wanted to make -- there's been no pressure to shorten or otherwise "Vegasize" the show from anybody. After watching two years of the Broadway run, we all had some tweaks we wanted to make -- but those are the only changes you'll see on the Avenue. It'll be very much the same show, at about the same

Helen Lawson
 Mar 16 2005, 05:16:45 PM
"It's my yard
So I will try hard
To welcome friends I have yet to know!
Oh, I'll plant
My own tree
My own tree and
I'll make it grow!"

Okay, it's from "Valley of the Dolls" but it was SUPPOSED to be a Broadway show. (I'm still mystified what exactly that musical was supposed to be about -- a woman sings a "triumphant" number inside a giant mobile, a Vegas showgirl in headdress is in it, a girl sings a song on top of a box ...)

re: AVE Q - What do you think about?
 Dec 10 2004, 04:40:55 PM
I ran across this today and decided I had to leave the land of the lurker. (Note to Grinch: Avenue Q has costume changes! Lucy alone has THREE costumes! But to each his own). I'm the bookwriter for Q, and I just wanted to note a few things we found while developing the show.

Christmas Eve's consonant mixups aren't used for humor so much, except in "Racist" where the PC implications are directly addressed. The precision of her language is what gets the laughs, not the fact that sh

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You