News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for eileen6

eileen6 Profile Photo
Member Name: eileen6
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hugh Jackman in San Francisco
 May 22 2011, 09:39:38 PM
I too have a feeling it will be a longtime until it hits NYC but it is worth the wait. I actually felt really good coming out of there, no thinking things out just plain unadultered entertainment. He appeals to all age groups and he really knows how to interact with his audience. I know someone else I saw this year who could take a few lessons in interaction with an audience from this guy and I mean that in the kindest way. I even enjoyed the two fellows that represented the Nomad Two Worlds.
Hugh Jackman in San Francisco
 May 21 2011, 05:25:32 PM
Just returned from San Francisco and was fortunate enough to see Hugh Jackman's one man show and it was great. I am so hoping that it will surface in NY even for a short time. I actually can say it was fun and he really knows how to appeal to an audience made up of all different age groups.
GHETTO KLOWN (First Preview) Thoughts
 Feb 26 2011, 09:14:37 AM
I really enjoyed his first couple of times out and am so hoping that he will once again draw on what he knows best to carry this off. I loved everything until Sexaholic which I thought totally blew and it was my opinion that he plain lost his edge but maybe not. I will see it on April 3 and given the mixed opinions here, I will see.
Who else received their invite from Bette Midler?
 Feb 26 2011, 09:08:19 AM
I too received an invite from Bette and it was a nice touch at first I assumed it was due to donations for her and others work on the parks in my old hood the Heights and Inwood but it was not. I will go
That Championship Season (First Preview)
 Feb 10 2011, 06:09:34 PM
Well I am going Sunday and by what I have read here it seems fairly decent. I am looking forward to particulary seeing Brian Cox and Kiefer Sutherland.
Paulo Szot at Cafe Carlyle
 Feb 10 2011, 06:04:50 PM
I had heard a little here and there that South Pacific might in fact be coming back to the big screen. I agree if they did not cast this man in the role of Emil DeBecque it would be a travesty and a very idiotic move. I was a very young child when the film orignally came out and I adored it and over the years I would watch it here and there when possible and it always stayed in my heart but at some point I just tucked it away in my memories. If it weren't for a friend who hounded me to go see
 Feb 9 2011, 11:46:57 PM
So glad you got to the Carlyle tonight, and enjoyed yourself. I do not know much about this Carnegie Hall performance on 5/19 except what I read here. It is with the Collegiate Chorale (?). Look back on this thread someone mentioned it then I googled it. Again glad you went, it was a a great show.
 Feb 9 2011, 07:01:47 PM
Carlotta: Thank you so much for the heads up, I truly appreciate it and I will check the Met's website. Again thank you.
 Feb 9 2011, 05:56:36 PM
You have a great time. The Times review was great and all I can say is I sure hope he will be back in the Fall since I will be in San Francisco when he is at Carnegie Hall. All who are going tonight have a great time you will not be diappointed. Just love this guy to distraction.
THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON on TDF
 Feb 5 2011, 09:42:24 AM
Looking very forward to this one..going to the matinee next Sunday. Brian Cox is an amazing performer and I am so looking forward to seeing Jason Patric work in his Father's work. Just sentimental I guess and Kiefer well another little guilty pleasure loved 24.
 Feb 4 2011, 12:53:14 AM
YES YES YES and needs to get one ASAP. This guy has so much to offer and if only he could get some original material for himself and I care less if it was in Portugese, I really feel it in my gut he would reach heights that would be unsurmountable. Just a selfish thought on my part but he has something I haven't seen in a great while and I cannot put my finger on it.
 Feb 4 2011, 12:48:01 AM
I mentioned the Spiderman thing to my friend on the way home and I was told I was crazy. I guess this seals that..ROFL.
 Feb 4 2011, 12:19:59 AM
What can I say fantastic...........the set approach was different most of the same as the fall but they changed presentation he went from the American Song Book to the Latin Song Book but not in that half-half approach. Am I making sense? It was almost like seeing fusion in the making. Everything was so nicely blended and it had a really really good feel of energy he was great. Yes he did Gigi and no he never uttered a word about Spiderman.....Regis Philbin and his wife were there and absolute
 Feb 2 2011, 10:11:03 PM
I surely will let you know gladly. It has been a long time since I found a performer that I cannot get enough of. I'm just plain greedy and Szot's is just plain in a league of his own in every aspect.

Will be back after the show.

Feb 2 2011, 07:44:54 PM
I'm heading to the Carlyle tomorrow. Looking forward to it, he was excellent in the Fall. Really Spiderman? Hmmmm that is interesting.
Your biggest Broadway crush
 Oct 15 2010, 10:01:16 PM
Beautiful pictures of a beautiful man, just exquisite.
WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
 Oct 11 2010, 08:48:06 PM

LOL. To paraphrase eilenn, "When I stopped caring about quality, it was fine."

Don't know if this reply was for me but if it is paraphrasing what I had to say it is totally off. But you figured me out I just am mindless and easily swayed. NOT. I was a little apprehensive but gave it a chance and it has great qualities.

Oct 11 2010, 05:23:14 PM
Well I usually go after the preview and I never read reviews. It's only since I came on here that I started to even look at other people's opinions. I have gone to three previews and this was the first time a Director came out before the play and I still stand by what I said earlier, he is a class act. So now he comes out gives his little talk about certain things that might or might not be apparent and I figured oh 8h-t this is really going to be a waste. I looked for areas of errors and fo
 Oct 10 2010, 09:01:26 PM
Just got back from the 3 pm show and I am very glad I went. First and foremost Bart Sher is a class act. He came out before the show started to explain that this was only their third show and in so many words things were still a little rough around the edges and he asked that the audience work with him. I have never seen a director in my many years of theatre going do that. As far as the play itself I really liked it. As far as the music and I have very odd taste but I liked it. There was not
 Oct 10 2010, 09:16:25 AM
I am going today at 3 and I do apologize to all as I feel by my asking for an honest answer as to how this production was, I started a mess going.

Sorry

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You