News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for schmoe

Member Name: schmoe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Raunchiest Songs in Musical Theatre  Apr 4 2019, 01:39:13 PM

Hasa Diga from Book of Mormon

Book of Mormon cast as of late?  Dec 4 2018, 08:54:25 AM

I saw the show in Chicago last week and Robert Colvin was Price and Conner Pierson was Cunningham.  While both were very good, Pierson steals the show, in my opinion.  He was so very entertaining to watch and has a super voice.  Overall, the show was really good.  This was my third time seeing it, once in NYC with the original cast and once with a touring company.

Tootsie - Chicago tryout  Sep 30 2018, 02:35:29 PM

Menken Fan said: "Another strong show and enthusiastic audience tonight. Sarah Stiles' understudy was on again. What's up with that?

They were also surveying the audience tonight. Not sure if they've been doing this on other nights. Thought some of you might be interested in seeing the survey, which gives us some of the song titles (since there is still no song list in the program)

[mod note - images removed per copyright complaint]
"

Tootsie - Chicago tryout  Sep 28 2018, 11:34:25 AM

I saw Tootsie on the opening night and then again last night, 9-27-18.  All I can say is that I think it has only gotten better.  It is shorter (15-20 minutes), starting at 7:40 and ending at 10:05.  Everything seems to move more quickly and if I am not mistaken, there is even less Julie Halston than there was on the 11th, which is a shame.  Sandy was played by the understudy last night and there seemed to be less of her fast paced song.  The original is the sa

Tootsie - Chicago tryout  Sep 20 2018, 04:59:57 PM

Yes, there is definitely an orchestra pit in Chicago.

Tootsie - Chicago tryout  Sep 12 2018, 12:50:18 AM

Just got home from the show and I agree overall, it is quite good.  It ended at 10:15 and probably a little long, but will get quicker.  Too much time spent at the beginning telling that Michael is a 40 year old actor who is difficult to work with; some of that could be cut.  Santino is amazing when he is Dorothy, but maybe a little whiny when he is Michael.  Music is great, but other than Dorothy's audition song, not any real standouts.  Parts of the set a

Tootsie - Chicago tryout  Sep 10 2018, 12:30:19 PM

Really looking forward to seeing this tomorrow night.  I will report back.

The Cher Show  Jul 10 2018, 10:54:06 AM

Saw the show on Sunday and came away with mixed feelings.  Much of what others have said is good, really is, including all three Chers, costumes, production, but then there are some kind of clunky parts.  The whole concept of it being a variety show just seems to slow down the action and then is somewhat abandoned in the second act.  The three Chers all interact well with each other, so isn't that enough of a way to get the story told?  Also, it feels like a who

Montego Glover as Angelica Schuyler?  Oct 18 2017, 04:46:57 PM

I saw Karen Olivo in the part twice in Chicago and then saw Montego Glover two weeks ago, in Chicago, as well.  If I had to compare them, I liked Olivo more in the part, but did not find Glover to be horrible or distracting.  The major difference, in my opinion, was what someone mentioned previously about her presence.  She did not seem to command attention in a group setting, which seems to be part of Angelica, but at the same time, her performance is not anything that would r

Kelli O'Hara, Lerner & Loewe, Carnegie Hall  Aug 20 2016, 01:40:54 PM

Thank you for posting this information.  Does anyone know if there is a way to get a rough idea of the cost of tickets before they are on sale?  I will be in NYC at this time and have no idea how the cost of something like this compares to a show Broadway.

WAR PAINT - Pre-Broadway Thread  Jul 24 2016, 01:38:52 PM

I saw the show for the second time last night, after seeing it on 6.30.16.  After that show, I really liked it and thought that it needed few changes.  Seeing it last night, some small changes have been made for the better, but I still think that it is missing something.  This time I was not as aware of the two men not having enough to do.  The whole show has picked up the pace, which I suppose is natural, but it lacks some tension or stakes.  The two women are

Steppenwolf - The Flick and Mary Page Marlowe  Apr 8 2016, 01:58:02 PM

Saw Mary Page Marlowe last night.  Overall, I thought it was good.  Inventive idea to use different actors to portray the title character at different points in her life and not just to show age differences.  Thought provoking in that she (you) can be different people to different circumstances within your life and that there are going to be proud moments as well as parts that will cause some shame, right or wrong.  Really liked the whole random, not in chronological order

Steppenwolf - The Flick and Mary Page Marlowe  Apr 7 2016, 10:44:42 AM

Seeing Mary Page Marlowe tonight and looking forward to it.  Will report back.

Mary Page Marlowe at Steppenwolf in Chicago  Apr 5 2016, 02:31:11 PM

Has anyone seen it yet?  Going later this week, but interested to hear what others think.  Thanks.

Broadway Week Purchases (or Ticket Problems...)  Jan 7 2016, 12:21:34 PM

I got through and got tickets for two different shows, so it seems like something has changed or else there are just less people trying.

Broadway Week Purchases (or Ticket Problems...)  Jan 7 2016, 11:14:40 AM

Same thing here.  Put it on my calendar, tried shortly after 10:30 and nothing.  Hopefully someone is getting through and able to purchase tickets, but it is not working for me.

Broadway play looking for supporters.  Oct 13 2015, 01:46:31 PM

Never underestimate the use of a simple no, thank you.

THE FIRST WIVES CLUB 2015 Chicago Pre-Broadway Thread  Feb 25 2015, 09:58:25 AM
Saw it last night and thought the first act dragged, but the second act was terrific. Noticed from the Playbill that there was a song cut from act two (song about a bar mitzvah). The first act was just slow and seemed to take so long to get the story out. The beginning with the fourth friend's death included some dream sequences and things that could just be dropped and you would still get what they were trying to say. All three of the leads were pretty great and sang well. Even though it w
Exorbitant ticket prices  Feb 15 2015, 02:52:57 PM
I understand what you're saying about all the discounts resulting in a lower price anyway, but I don't think TKTS and other discounts are going away. So, if you begin with a lower face value, then you are going to lose money even faster and there is no guarantee that audiences will skyrocket. At the bottom line, a product costs a fixed amount to make and if the pricing does not support a profit on that price, it won't be around too long. And, I do think that the supply and demand argument is
Theater in Chicago  Feb 15 2015, 01:01:34 PM
I saw Marie Antoinette in the Steppenwolf upstairs theater and thought it was great. Told her story in a modern, upbeat sort of way. Almost like an E True Hollywood Story version of the French Revolution. An enjoyable evening.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You