News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mikeacarroll

Member Name: Mikeacarroll
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare in the Park)
 Jun 4 2019, 03:04:10 PM

Emmaloucbway said: "VotePeron said: "and then the second act has approxnothing happen in it."

I mean... the title of the play promises that...

Emmaloucbway, thank you so much!  This gave me the best, and a very needed, laugh today.  Perfect, just perfect!

Kelli O'Hara OUT of KMK 5/26
 May 27 2019, 10:58:08 AM

Someone in a Tree2 said: "I may incur of the wrath of the internet hordes when I whisper in your ear that the past participle of "go" is "gone", as in: "If I knew in advance, I would have gone." There are other oldsters out there who may thank me."

I, for one, thank you!

Renee Fleming sings "Danny Boy"
 Sep 3 2018, 10:16:31 AM

As an older singer, I'm 62, I can tell you that as I've aged, I have my top notes and bottom notes but it's the middle that's suffered.  Since we spend most of the time singing in the middle register it begins to wear out before the top and bottom.  My voice has darkened, but it's much harder to achieve a legato line as easily as I did 30 or 40 years ago.  My breath is still there, but the  power has diminished.  I agree that Renee's voice didn

Sardi's Lunch
 Sep 2 2018, 06:25:28 PM

BalconyClub said: "Mikeacarroll said: "...why not go to Sardis.com ...?"

Where on the Sardis.com site are the hours listed?
"

Lunch beginning at Noon?  I never would have thought of that.  The phone number is on the site, one call and all questions are answered.

Sardi's Lunch
 Sep 2 2018, 10:54:15 AM

Instead of posting a question here, why not go to Sardis.com and get the information directly?

Who sings the best Soliloquy?
 Aug 20 2018, 12:10:33 PM

Does anyone know if Alfie Boe has recorded Soliloquy?  I think he could certainly do it justice.

Riedel on Diana Rigg being annoyed Ambrose misses Sundays
 Jul 6 2018, 11:43:28 AM

I think it's a generational thing.  Kaye Ballard used to grouse all the time about cast members missing shows for any number of reasons when she was in Pirates of Penzance.  They grew up in the age when, unless you were in an iron lung, you went on. Dame Diana is  of the same ilk.  Venerable older people don't care about firing cannonballs anymore. She's entitled to her opinion, she's earned the right to express it and I think she doesn't care what anyo

What shows have you walked out on?
 May 29 2018, 02:30:58 PM

Impossible2 said: "Mikeacarroll said: "Impossible2 said: "I wish I'd walked out of Cats. It is still the worst thing I have ever seen and the first time I've ever apologised to someone for taking them to the theatre."

Oh I do feel your pain, but I DID leave. I almost stood and hollered, "Please for the love of God, sing Memory and end this! I did not, but I did leave. Never regretted that decision. But my niece ended up singing Griz

May 29 2018, 12:48:52 PM

Impossible2 said: "haterobics said: "robskynyc said: "plus the songs were SOOOO SLOOOOOWWWW. "

They're called ballads, dear.

PMSL!
"

I had to look up PSML, but love it!

May 29 2018, 12:47:44 PM

Play Esq. said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Oh, you trust fund kids with expendable play money. Hahahaha.

I’ll ride out a show no matter how bad it is. Even if my tickets were free. If I paid, phuck if I’m walking out.
"

Not a trust fund kid here, but I am established in my career after years of hard work: life is too short for **** productions and I see no obligation to stay. This is particularly a problem for me as I love opera, but I a

May 29 2018, 12:29:42 PM

Impossible2 said: "I wish I'd walked out of Cats. It is still the worst thing I have ever seen and the first time I've ever apologised to someone for taking them to the theatre."

Oh I do feel your pain, but I DID leave.  I almost stood and hollered, "Please for the love of God, sing Memory and end this!  I did not, but I did leave.  Never regretted that decision.  But my niece ended up singing Grizabella in a school production and I h

May 29 2018, 12:23:14 PM

Will3700 said: "I would never walk out of a show on Broadway but I have walked out at intermission on two touring shows. Could not get through Godspell as I hated being preached to and Happy Days was just so awfull,"

I can understand your points but with "Godspell"  what did you expect, a treatise on the Enlightenment?"

Cheyenne Jackson Concert Tonight
 Mar 19 2018, 11:37:27 AM

ClydeBarrow said: ""Still.. Laura looks like such a classy lady... for her to talk about her vagina at Town Hall was a bit tacky. it wasn't funny, it was crude and out of place."
Do the pearls break when you clutch them that hard?
"

That gave me the best laugh I've had for 3 years.  Thank you.  I'm still laughing.

Performances You Wish You Had Seen
 Apr 22 2017, 01:27:15 PM

Katharine Cornell in Romeo and Juliet.

Musicals that have aged poorly with time?
 Mar 31 2016, 01:09:52 PM

Absolutely! Couldn't agree with you more about Finian's Rainbow, especially the last iteration a few years ago.  I saw better productions in High Schools than that tripe.

Reasons why actors dont get jobs
 Sep 17 2013, 03:21:39 PM
Quoting Mrs. Higgins, "Bravo, Eliza!"

Clay Aiken as Joseph
 Aug 24 2013, 12:37:57 PM
Thanks for your insights, Mikers, but it's "Cain and Abel." Auto correct might have been the culprit.

Live from the Lincoln Center Discussion Thread
 Aug 20 2010, 10:57:52 AM
I was very disappointed in Samonsky's acting. Lovely voice, beautiful really, but the difference is, when he sings you don't see any mechanics. He's got a beautiful instrument and knows how to use it. His acting showed me none of that. I could see all the technique he was using to manufacture a portrayal. When he needed to be intense he was almost hyperventilating to produce an effect. When the best perform you never see the mechanics or the technique.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You