News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Frank thebellhop

Frank thebellhop Profile Photo
Member Name: Frank thebellhop
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Actors as scenery?  Mar 10 2012, 03:52:17 PM
Jon Both's adaptation of Pride and Prejudice uses actors as gates, shrubs, ect. Also, while offstage characters are spoken about on stage they are revealed through sliding panels or forming tablues (sp?)
Dorothy Collins before FOLLIES  Jan 29 2012, 01:38:26 AM
I'm 23 and love her like friends my age love Katy Perry. she never leaves my iPod. Her Losing My My Mind is my #1 favorite recording of all time. I suggest finding her songs Seven Days and Mr. Flattop. On a side note is anyone else surprised there isn't a Your Hit Parade ripoff on tv now? It seems like it could be done on the cheap and thecross promotional synergy would be an executives wet dream. Not that I think its a good idea but its just unoriginal enough to be an NBC flagship
Randy Jackson bashes musicals and showtunes...  Jan 25 2012, 09:09:30 PM
Randy Jackson's inability to give a clear, constructive critique turns me off, and I can't stand that he puts the word " dawg" in every sentence.
VARIETY on the state of movie musicals.  Jan 6 2012, 11:51:45 PM
Forumn with Jack Black? PppppEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUU no thank you.

I thought Clint Eastwood was set to direct Beyonce in A Star is Born. I even read (in Entertainment Weekly I think) that when B announced she was pregnant Clint and the studio pushed back production dates to keep her involved.

Company coming to DVD & Bluray?  Jan 4 2012, 06:29:26 PM
I hope this happens! I wouldn't mind a recording of the current Follies cast while we're at it but I'm pushing my luck with that...

I too was pleasently surprised at the extra dates added to the theater in my small UNsophisticated town. There were more people in the theatre for this than when I went to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes or The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette  Jan 4 2012, 06:06:05 PM
If they haven't offered her the role yet I wonder what the studio and creative team's reaction to all the twitter/message board rage is.

I'll admit when I read about it last night I "clutched my pearls" and got a little over dramatic but after sleeping on it I'm not nearly as bothered by it. She's still not my first choice but she isn't the death blow I thought at first.

Also, don't you just bet Lea Michele is throwing a Patti Lupone sized bitch fit right now? Lol

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette  Jan 4 2012, 01:08:16 AM
I have my imdb ap set up to send me alerts when anything changes and have yet to receive one so I'm hoping this will all be a terrible rumor. Although I think Taylor is a pretty talented young artist and has the potential to become something special this would not be a good move for her. Slapping her on the screen with a cast as talented/musical theatre heavy as this will just make her look silly. I think she'd have a much better shot at longevity and respect if she followed the Carol King mold
KING AND I Revival a possibility  Jan 1 2012, 12:09:27 PM
What about Vicky Clark? Maybe not a revolutionary idea but she would certainly perform the hell out of it. And Telly Leung for Lun Tha maybe?
Follies: Your favorite diphthong  Oct 28 2011, 11:37:36 AM
Threads like this make me hate this board. Some ppl want to discuss Follies to death. If you don't like it don't read them instead of starting smartallecy threads.
Bobby Lopez Joins The  Oct 27 2011, 12:21:07 AM
Hilarious! I'd love to hear what Sondhiem, Schwartz, & ALW have to say about it.
Most Iconic Broadway Performances of Songs  Oct 21 2011, 09:42:00 PM
Tonya Pinkins- Lot's Wife
Bernadette Peters and Mandy Patinkin- Move On
Christine Ebersol- Another Winter in a Summer Town
Carol Channing- Hello, Dolly!
Idina Menzel- Defying Gravity
Dorothy Louden- 50 Percent
Donna McKechnie- Music and the Mirror

I'm probably gonna catch flack for this but...
Raul Esparza- Being Alive

Movies turned into musicals. What's next?  Oct 20 2011, 06:03:28 PM
Thoroughly Mixer Nipple? Really auto correct? I have got to quit posting from my phone...
Movies turned into musicals. What's next?  Oct 20 2011, 06:00:23 PM
I don't mean this to ruffle any feathers but I'm curious, why are movie adaptaions so reviled? I understand the want for ORIGINAL material but adaptations have always been a part of musical theatre. Oklahoma was based on a book and it's the grandfather of modern musicals. As for movies specifically, some great shows were based on movies: A Little Night Music, Promises Promises, Passion, Nine, Grey Gardens, The Producers, Thoroughly Mixer Nipple, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Billy Elliott. And pleant
Movies turned into musicals. What's next?  Oct 20 2011, 01:11:34 PM
I actually think The Big Chill would make a good musical lol. maybe not with that approach haha.
Could I Leave You? Question  Oct 20 2011, 12:02:54 PM
The only one I've seen live is Jan's which I loved bbut they're all so great. I don't think Carol Burnett has been mentioned so I'll throw her name out . EDIT: I like that Carol was angry but more than anyone else she found the humor in the song. She found it so funny that Ben (or old man or George Yearn or whoever) was so focused on his own misery he'd completely missed her sadness and rage.
Phyllis is one of those roles that seems to have endless possibilities but any choice made works. It

What book, movie or real life story do you think would make a great musical  Jul 6 2011, 11:42:09 PM
Third hocus pocus.
i've said it before, I'll say it again. For the Boys. They've done a jukeboxx but id like to see an original piece.
I think the story of a celbrityon trial would be very interesting. We have Chicago to see what infamy was like in the20th century but id like to see what someone could do with the twisted stories and celebrity worship of today. I also would throw in a syfi musical. Its been done, but never well.

The official FOLLIES website is up....  Jun 29 2011, 10:31:48 PM
Thanks Wiggum!
The official FOLLIES website is up....  Jun 29 2011, 08:04:42 PM
Probably not the appropriate thread for this but i was wondering if the original Cast performed at the Tony's in '72. They aren't listed as performers on the Wikipedia page for the ceremony. If they didn't I just wondered why. They were still running weren't they?

Broadway apps for mobile devices/computers  Jun 29 2011, 05:36:10 PM
Im directing a show later in the fall and I'm sitting down to really start putting my ideas/ plans on to paper. I'm a terrible artist, so it can sometimes be hard to communicate to my designers what I want exactly even though I have a very clear vision. This got me to wondering if there are any theatre centered apps? More specifically any apps meant to help creative design? Although I wouldn't mind hearing if anyone knows of some good trivia, game, review round up type applications either. I hav
POLL: What Hit Musical of Old Should Next be Revived on Broadway?  Jun 25 2011, 08:20:26 PM
FOLLIES!! Oh Wait....

Actually I'd like to see one of the lesser known or less successful Ethel Merman vehicles revived. Like Subaru was a lady, panama Hattie, or Call Me Madam.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You