News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for musicalperson17

musicalperson17 Profile Photo
Member Name: musicalperson17
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Annette Bening in KING LEAR?
 Apr 14 2014, 10:14:59 PM
As I'd go see her read the phonebook, I think she'd rock this role despite her age. Gonerill is the oldest of the daughters so age might not be too much of an issue. Either way, she's a brilliant actress.
Bad Theater Behavior
 Mar 6 2014, 09:46:29 AM
I went to Glass Menagerie in it's final week and was pretty horrified by the audience and the ushers. For such a delicate, quiet, and beautiful production, five cell phones went off during act one alone, the ushers were seating people half and hour late mid-scene. One woman got up in the middle of a scene a few rows in front of me to go to the bathroom I presume. The ushers kept in and out of the door to the lobby and were selling food in the theatre like it was a sports game - the usher was lit
glass menagerie first preview
 Feb 20 2014, 11:05:46 PM
After months of wanting to see this, I had the priviledge of seeing the Wednesday matinee and I was blown away by both the production and the audience. Firstly, this was the best thing I have seen in years. The cast has clearly become so tight and everyone was in top form. The play itself is brilliant. The set was beautifully simplistic and John Tiffany's vision was crystal clear - he makes an old play feel completely new. The audience however was atrocious. 5 cell phones went off during act one
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/13/13
 Oct 17 2013, 01:42:43 AM
great to see the Glass Menagerie doing so well!
Casting of Helen Sinclair
 Sep 23 2013, 12:55:18 AM
I know she doesn't really sing, but Anjelica Huston would be just perfect for the part. Her presence and gravitas are more than enough to compensate, and I can picture her nailing the comedy. But even so, her two songs from the Smash albums, while slight, are beautifully sung.
If Theresa Rebeck wasn't let go of Smash...
 Jun 11 2013, 08:10:46 PM
Gothampc, I completely agree. Slings and Arrows a hidden gem. I love how smartly each character is written. Smash could have benefitted from the tightly written choas that makes Slings and Arrows shine.
Favorite Broadway Dance Show
 Jun 4 2013, 08:29:11 PM
Fela! I saw it on tour in Toronto last year. While it isn't a perfectly told story by any means, the atmosphere and dancing were so engaging. I loved how there was no exact "top pf show." Instead, the dancers started slowly entering on at about 15 to just dancing lightly and grooving with the band-it was the most chill thing. I'd see the show again because of the endlessly inviting atmosphere and the dancing and movement. But the actor who played Fela was incredible. So much stammina, energy, ch
Scores That didn't Have One Single Bad Song In It?
 May 28 2013, 12:32:52 PM
I have to admit that I love almost every song from the 5 main Rodgers and Hammerstein shows. The only one I can think of that I don't like is "We Kiss in a Shadow." The blending of music and lyrics is unbeatable.
Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
 May 28 2013, 12:09:28 PM
Wow. Even after the first track I think it is the best recording this season alone. The number got me so worked up as if I were in the theatre, and felt very invited into the story. And to me, that is really the essence of theatre as an art. Bravo to them!

Annie first listen!
 May 21 2013, 11:35:01 PM
I'm also loving the new orchestrations. They certainly add something new. A New Deal For Christmas is probably my favourite because I actually prefer this version of the song over the original, though I wish they recorded the tap aspect as well.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/12/13
 May 14 2013, 08:33:32 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Jane boosted sales significantly. Just look at Raven in Sister Act last year - they were doing even worse and the show arguably has less general appeal.
First Look: Jane Lynch as Miss Hannigan
 May 11 2013, 12:48:46 PM
I remember in watching an interview, the reporter mentioned the similarities of Sue and Hannigan. But she differed them in saying how Sue was very precise and out together in her scheming, whereas Hannigan as sloppy and drunk amongst other aspects. It seems to me that she is (thankfully) trying to distinguish her Hannigan from Sue.
Alice Ripley takes the subway
 May 9 2013, 07:55:19 PM
When I saw an early preview of Anything Goes, the stage door was fairly large. Sutton was the last one to come out. Even though I was in the middle of the line, I remember seeing her walk down the street after she signed for everyone. Even Joel Grey left with just one other person when he finished the stage door. And that same weekend, I remember walking behind Tony Sheldon, who was by himself, in the middle of times square. To echo what others have said, Broadway actors for the most part liase
Christine Pedi going into Chicago!
 Apr 2 2013, 11:02:24 PM
I wish I didn't live out of the country. Does this not excite anyone else?
The Pillowman
 Mar 13 2013, 11:36:59 PM
I tried searching the boards for a previous post, but to no avail. Did anyone ever see the Broadway production of the Pillowman back in 2004? I just came back from a local production tonight and was blown away. It was by far the best play I have seen in a while. Pitch black comedy combined with horrifying stories and a deep message about the compromise of art all led me to tears. It made me think how powerful it must have been with actors like Jeff Goldblum and Billy Crudup. I'm curious to hear
Jane Lynch to Broadway
 Feb 12 2013, 05:05:37 PM
If she does end up replacing Katie, I will be very excited. I've always regarded her as a brilliant comedic actress when she stole all of her scenes in 40-Year-Old Virgin. Even if she isn't a trained vocalist, she could still hit that role out of the park, as the comedy is enough to carry it. She was the only reason I watched two episodes of Glee before I couldn't stand it anymore.
Another Family Guy Theatre Reference
 Jan 26 2013, 02:00:20 PM
I do too. If Trey Parker and Matt Stone did it with such amazing results, then I can only imagine what Seth McFarlane can do.
9 to 5: Tour vs Broadway
 Oct 28 2012, 05:21:57 PM
I saw the tour while it was in Toronto. Diana Degarmo sounded like she was on helium the entire time, Hoty was phoning it in, and Paris was the only highlight. She brought down the house with Get Out and Stay Out garnering more applause than at the entire curtain call. She was also hysterical when she said her line about office managers stealing from their companies and got even more applause. Aside from the tight ensemble and a quirky performance by Roz, the show was pretty bad complete with t
Disney's NEWSIES On Broadway -- Previews
 Mar 27 2012, 09:53:42 PM
viewing from ticketmaster, it's pretty close to sold out at every performance in adanvces alone...
Stephanie J Block in Anything Goes
 Mar 16 2012, 12:53:49 PM
Did anyone catch her first performance back last night?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You