News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Fran_mex

Fran_mex Profile Photo
Member Name: Fran_mex
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Wicked: mexican production
 Oct 13 2013, 02:02:57 PM
Apparently, Stephen Schwartz likes Danna Paola:

"Aquí hay una predicción que hago con toda la confianza. Esta niña es una gran estrella, si soy sincero, todavía no he visto a la otra chica [Ana Cecilia Anzaldúa]. Sabemos que todos conocemos a Danna por su carrera en pop, pero lo que van a saber pronto es que es una gran actriz con instinto, con una gran presencia escénica"

"Here's a prediction I do with all the confidence. This girl is a big star, if I'm honest, I have not seen the other girl [Ana Cecilia Anzaldua].We know that we all know Danna for her pop career, but what they will learn soon is that it is a great actress with flair, with a great stage presence "

"Para mí tiene la calidad de una estrella, tiene una luz interna que brilla a través de su cara y de sus ojos, por lo que es muy emocionante verla",

"For me she has a star quality, has an inner light that shines through his face and eyes, so it is very exciting to watch her"

http://www.quien.com/espectaculos/2013/10/12/danna-paola-wicked-estreno-impresionante-actuacion

Oct 12 2013, 04:42:27 PM
@morosco Yes, that is the sectional view of the Teatro Telcel.

I have never been inside the Teatro Telcel, in fact, no paying audience has been inside (Previews are only for sponsors, and no tickets are sold for this shows), and I am a bit worried about what appears to be little to no rake in the first 10 rows. The stage is 1 meter tall, according to reports... Here you can see a video with the "view" from all sections of the theater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ2VqZ4YlUo

By the way, Stephen Schwartz arrived this week, and reports say he has been attending the previews with Winnie Holzman.

Oct 12 2013, 04:36:22 PM
@Blaxx Ok.
 Oct 12 2013, 03:01:24 PM
OCESA is not planning to do a tour. They are officially answering all request on twitter, via @Wicked_Mx, with a polite "no".

The answer is "no, we won't tour, come and enjoy Wicked in all its splendor at the Teatro Telcel".

Oct 12 2013, 12:41:38 PM
I have no involvement with the production. I wish I had, by the way.

And "success" is not the same here and on Broadway. The investment for Wicked Mexico is said to be 4 million dollars. With broadway prices (150 USD top ticket), they can sure recoup faster here.

Also, salaries here are extremely low. You wouldn't guess. Weekly running cost here, have nothing to do with broadway costs.

What I am saying is that my guess is that Wicked will run around 6-9 months

Oct 12 2013, 12:39:33 PM
"There is NO advance ticket buying culture in Latin America for musical theatre - there is, in fact, little in Spain in Europe either. Tickets even for huge hit shows are mostly sold the week beforehand. Having a booking period that only opens for two months is not a sign of ANYTHING in Mexico - it's just typical for the market.

That doesn't mean to say the show's going to be a huge hit - but speaking from experience several shows which HAVE been very successful have adopted the same p

Oct 12 2013, 12:36:03 PM
@Blaxx:

You wrote:

(Hint: Biggest pre-sale ever would be if they were sold out completely for 14+ months. They have a half empty mezzanine only for the 5 weeks they are on sale "in hopes" people will show up the day of the performances and buy the remaining tickets. That's FAR from being the biggest pre-sale ever, anywhere. That's is just the biggest case of wishful thinking ever.)

I didn't say biggest presale ever. I said biggest presale ever for Mexico. That's all

Oct 11 2013, 06:37:01 PM

This is the official invitation for openning night:

It's awesome. Glad I bought tickets for openning night.

The idea is that the box is similar to the Teatro Telcel, and once you open the invitation, you see the stage of Wicked.

Oct 11 2013, 06:06:13 PM
Discounts? Reducing prices?
This show has the biggest pre-sale ever for Mexico. Usually, 90% of the tickets are sold 2 hours before showtime... Wicked has a big portion of the Orchestra sold since weeks before, for the first 3 weeks.
They didn't reléase november and december tickets before because they wanted to be sure of having a full house the first 2 weeks.

Sep 20 2013, 02:29:11 PM
Just got two tickets for openning night. :)
And talked a bit to Danna, Ana Cecilia and Ceci... They were worried about being late for today's rehearsal.

This is me with Danna Paola:

And this is me with Ceci and Ana Ceci:

There where about 200 people in the line around 10 a.m. when they arrived. They stayed only for 45-50 minutes, and left to continue rehearsing. Not all the people in line got an autograph, but I'm pretty sure everyone got a ticket either for openning night, or for one of the previews (In Mexico, tickets for previews are not in sale, they are free for sponsors, actor's family, etc).

Tickets for openning night were regular full Price.

Sep 19 2013, 08:11:23 PM
Tomorrow, in the Teatro Telcel, Danna, Ana Cecilia and Cecilia will be in the Box Office for an autograph signing.

100 tickets for openning night will be on sale...(Only 100)...
Let's see what happens, since sales seem to be good until now, but no show is sold out yet.

Sep 4 2013, 08:37:13 PM
Yes, the production responded to complaints by posting a detailed Schedule for Danna and Ana here: http://twitpic.com/dbzf11

I'm really amazed about this.
Also, the pre-sale starts tomorrow, and there´s a lot of buzz about it...

BTW: Premium tickets are around 180 USD. Just noticed in ticketmaster. Premium tickets are both in the orchestra and the first two rows of the mezzanine.

Sep 2 2013, 10:55:25 PM
What I want to emphasize is that the complete, official lyrics for this productions are not public yet. All videos in YouTube (other than those of the rehearsals of this production) use independent, fan made translations.

Sep 2 2013, 10:47:39 PM
@blaxx. Thank you. I wasn't clear enough. I was talking about the multiple videos with random people singing songs from the musical in spanish(including Ana Cecilia). Those videos were discussed earlier, and use independent translations.

To be specific:

"Side note: if they're calling it "Desafiando la gravedad," it will be a different translation from the youtube video a few pages back."
Yes. Those videos do not use the "official" translation. You can hear a few

Sep 2 2013, 11:58:53 AM
The translation for this production is new. The lyrics have not been leaked yet. So, the videos on YouTube are independent translations.
 Sep 2 2013, 11:55:03 AM
It's an open ended production.

Tickets will go on sale this thursday, and tickets will be sold only until some date in the future, but that won't be the closing date, since usually here in Mexico you can buy tickets only for two months ahead.

Even if the production is really succesful, OCESA never releases tickets more tan one or two months in advance...

I think that this thursday they will be selling tickets until november 30th... So that tickets for the

Aug 30 2013, 10:57:02 AM
Yes, those prices are real.

120 USD (aprox) Top Price (Front Orchestra and Front Mezz)
90 USD (aprox) (Rear Orchestra and Mid Mezz)
60 USD (aprox) (Rear Mezz and Orchestra Partial View)

Mary Poppins tickets were 65 USD top Price, 40 USD, 30 USD and 25 USD aprox.

The prices for Wicked are (almost) Broadway-level, which is REALLY expensive for Mexico. I personally believe they are being really optimistic about the production's success... Pre-sales begin

Aug 29 2013, 06:07:01 PM
Here is a link to a video where you can see the new theater that will house the mexican production of Wicked:

The theater looks really nice and modern!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCMCoE3BI3Y#t=26

And this is the first official pic of the Wicked set for this production:

http://twitpic.com/dam18d

EDIT: I want to emphasize that the theater is ultra modern, I'm sorry there's no video in English...but watch it!

Aug 24 2013, 12:32:19 PM
No website yet...
 Aug 23 2013, 12:07:39 AM
Some NEWS:

Wicked will be the first show in the new OCESA Theater, in Plaza Carso, an important cultural and shopping center in Mexico City.

4 days ago, OCESA announced the end of the partnership with the Centro Cultural Telmex, where most of its musicals have played before, and also announced that a theater was built in Plaza Carso.

The construction of the new theater was not very publicized, and it was natural that this came as a surprise to many since the the

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You