News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for OrdinaryJukebox1

OrdinaryJukebox1 Profile Photo
Member Name: OrdinaryJukebox1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: EDEN ESPINOSA  Jun 7 2006, 09:51:38 AM
I'm just curious as to how you guys know this information? Is it rumor or fact that Eden was offered a part in "Les Miz" and don't just say, "Oh, no, it's fact." WHY is it fact? Who knows who???

-Vincent

re: Idol Star to Grace Spielberg's Oz 'Remake'?  Jun 4 2006, 11:28:16 PM
I don't know which is worse, the thought of a "Wizard of Oz" remake, or that McPhee girl getting a role in ANYTHING, let alone "Elphaba." The girl's voice is okay for local talent shows and community theater...nothing more.

-Vincent

re: Wicked  May 24 2006, 10:14:23 PM
What I love is when I read, "When I first saw it, I hated it, then I saw it again and it was great." My question is, if you "hated" something, WHY see it again? Why take a seat away from someone who either loves it or hasn't seen it? It just makes no sense to me. As to how long "Wicked," or any show will run...no one knows. Had someone asked that about "Cats" early on, I'm sure no one would have guessed it to be the longest running show...ever. I think "Wicked" has more staying power than
re: B.F.A. in Musical Theatre  May 22 2006, 09:58:01 AM
Does anyone know anything about Manhattanville, as far as theater goes? I know it isn't like NYU or some of the others, but I've also read it isn't too bad either. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

-Vincent

re: No Best Performance for a Recreated Role Tony in 2006  May 16 2006, 10:18:11 AM
I would have loved to see Megan Hilty or Eden get a nomination...I know, I know...

-Vincent

re: Interesting Judy Garland stuff  May 16 2006, 10:17:29 AM
Gyspy, I agree. "A Star is Born" is one of my favorite films, but also Judy's best work, in my opinion. What I love about this woman, is that she could do anything. Her acting is unbeatable in "A Star is Born" (don't even get me started on that Grace Kelly fiasco) yet if you put her next to Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire, she was a great dancer as well. Just watch "Easter Parade," and "Summer Stock." I just love her!

-Vincent

re: Interesting Judy Garland stuff  May 16 2006, 12:02:31 AM
Every time I tell people I'm a Judy Garland fan (which is an understatement) someone tells me I'm an "old school fag." Isn't that nice? Ugh, who cares, I love that woman. One of the most gifted singers and actors to ever grace the silver screen, then and now, in my humble opinion. Gotta love her, yet, I do agree...it's hard to watch much with her in it. You can just feel the heart ache...poor thing.

-Vincent

re: Wicked 5-12-06  May 14 2006, 01:04:37 PM
I really love Eden in this role. It's good for her. My parent's saw it, and they are tough to please. They really enjoyed her. For someone who is so bored with the show, you win the lotto again, and this is your 7th time...lucky bastard!! hehe Just kidding. I want to see it a few more times before Oct.

-Vincent

re: Who loves Eden?  May 4 2006, 01:06:59 AM
I, personally, find her to be quite lovely onstage. Her vocals are always on when I see/hear her, and her acting impressed me greatly. I wasn't expecting much from her in "Wicked," but she really had me feeling for her character...something I didn't feel for Shoshana or Stephanie. I felt it for Idina, I'm glad it's back with Eden. Even my parent's like her, and they're a tough crowd to please.

-Vincent

re: Who's Your Favorite Elphaba?  Apr 27 2006, 07:19:31 AM
Well, Bjh, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I thought Shoshana, although vocally talented, lacked greatly in actually "acting." I could see the wheels turning in her head, and all they said was, "I'm just another white, Jewish girl, trying to sound like Aretha Franklin, and since my R&B singing career hasn't taken off, despite my efforts to add a vocal run to every single note I sing, I'll do this Broadway show for a while." Don't get me wrong, I didn't totally dislike her when I saw her
re: Who's Your Favorite Elphaba?  Apr 26 2006, 11:52:48 PM
Did someone here actually say that Eden goes on these vocal runs too long to "show off" but then listed Shoshana as their favorite? Dear Goodness, it gets better every day. If anyone did NOTHING but vocal runs (and not a drop of acting) it was Shoshana

-Vincent

re: Our Megan Hilty Interview is up!  Apr 11 2006, 10:45:24 AM
Um...how old were the people "interviewing" her? I mean, if I had to read one more "totally" or "seriously" or one more stupid a$$ question, I was going to throw the computer. Megan, however, seems like a lovely human...although Christina...real talent? Ugh...even Megan has been fooled.

-Vincent

re: 'Rabbit Hole' Rush???  Mar 25 2006, 07:09:04 PM
Awesome, thank you so much for the information.

-Vincent

"Rabbit Hole" Rush???  Mar 25 2006, 12:50:54 PM
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned, but I was just wondering if "Rabbit Hole" has a student rush policy? If anyone has any information regarding that, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Vincent

re: My Spring Break (13 Show Reviews)  Mar 23 2006, 07:34:25 AM
Wow...I wish my parent's were really rich and would just give me thousands of dollars to take a spring break vacation, seeing 15 (?) shows. I wonder what that's like. Sounds like the ideal vacation for me. However, during my spring break, I got to work and study...don't all be jealous now.

-Vincent

re: Best Featured Actress in a Play - 2006 TONYs  Mar 23 2006, 07:30:28 AM
I agree with Entertainment Weekly (which surprises me). Just give it to Tyne Daly now...I love that woman.

-Vincent

re: Kate Winslet Tapping !  Mar 17 2006, 10:22:11 PM
If Kate Winslet ever came to B-way, I'd be online, at the stage door within minutes! She's one of the few women who could turn me straight...she's a breathtaking actor and just beautiful!

-Vincent

re: THE DEFYING GRAVITY MACHINE  Mar 13 2006, 08:07:21 AM
I would find it more difficult for the lighting people than the actors, if the machine didn't go up, as it is supposed to. They must have to make a quick change of lightnig designs, right then and there, to get Elphaba lit.

-Vincent

re: Eden Espinosa- Gershwin Poster  Mar 2 2006, 12:11:38 PM
There isn't much fanatacism with Headly? Are you nuts? I've heard her sing so terribly and yet people STILL hail her performances...I've read just as much crazy fan crap about her as I have about Sutton Foster and Idina Menzel...

-Vincent

re: Eden Espinosa- Gershwin Poster  Mar 2 2006, 07:57:51 AM
I love how intense it looks. She looks beautiful. People who just don't like her are going to critisize everything, including posters. Lord knows if it was Heather Headly looking like that, people would be crying their eyes out because they all think she's so "wonderful." Ugh...anyway, I think Eden looks lovely.

-Vincent

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You