News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for allamarane

allamarane Profile Photo
Member Name: allamarane
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Seattle recs?
 Apr 13 2018, 11:27:14 PM

I second Ride the Cyclone, along with The Big Leap at Seattle Repertory Theatre.

Non singing roles in musicals
 Apr 9 2018, 11:37:00 PM

Mrs Medlock in The Secret Garden

Once Upon a Mattress G2K
 Nov 4 2013, 11:18:19 AM
The complete song list is:
Many Moons Ago
Opening for a Princess
Reprise: Many Moon Ago
Shy
Sensitivity
The Swamps of Home
The Minstrel, the Jester and I
Happily Ever After
Yesterday I Loved You
Spanish Panic
Song Of Love
Three O'clock in the Morning/Quiet!
*This is a spoken version of the song, rather than the actual song*
Finale

Roles that are hardly ever offstage.
 Jul 20 2013, 12:35:27 AM
The title character in Jane Eyre
Actors replaced during previews
 Dec 12 2012, 10:35:31 PM
The Light in the Piazza recast Fabrizio throughout its pre-Broadway runs. Steven Pasquale played the role in Seattle, followed by Wayne Wilcox in Chicago and eventually Matthew Morrison on Broadway. Celia Keenan-Bolger played Clara out of town and was replaced by Kelli O'Hara, who had also been with the production since Seattle. The rest of the central cast stayed consistent.
Looking a play about student-teacher relationships
 Dec 1 2012, 10:45:44 PM
Arcadia
Breaking News: SCANDALOUS Cancels Today's Matinee; Carolee Carmello on 'Brief' Vocal Rest
 Nov 15 2012, 02:42:23 PM
Billie Wildrick is pretty fantastic, too! But yes, significantly younger than Carolee.
Ethics and the theatre reviewer
 Sep 14 2011, 02:11:42 AM
http://www.talkinbroadway.com/regional/seattle/se487.html
 Sep 14 2011, 01:51:40 AM

See, that's what's bothering me. The substitute reviewer made no mention of the fact that the usual reviewer (whose name was still attached to the column) was also the director of the show. If the guest reviewer wants to write a glowing rave, go for it - but let the readership know the connection the show has to the media source.

Sep 13 2011, 08:31:09 PM
I recently read a review that got me thinking, and I'd really like to hear some other opinions.

What do you think the ethical obligations are when reviewers are also working artists? I mean, sure, you're not allowed to review your own work. But outside of that, is there any obligation on the part of the media to disclose that the show being reviewed has an actor or production team member who is their usual critic?

re: HELP-Need comedic female performance vocal piece for Cabaret Series!!
 Jan 24 2006, 02:48:53 AM
"The Boston Beguine" from New Faces of 1952 is one of my favorite comedic pieces. It was written by Sheldon Harnick and originally performed by Alice Ghostley.
re: Flashbacks
 Jan 16 2006, 04:55:17 PM
Merrily We Roll Along is told in flashback, especially with the graduation framing device of the original production.
re: Singers Musical Theatre Anthology
 Jan 7 2006, 08:58:01 PM
They made one, but I haven't been able to find a full song list for Soprano anywhere! Amazon has a partial listing.
re: Playbill's: 'Marquee Value'--what does that term mean?
 Jan 2 2006, 06:03:36 AM
I think this is one of Playbill's recurring columns-- they post info and pics whenever a new marquee goes up on Broadway. The term itself refers to the projected value of a piece before it's released to the public.

On a tangent, does the Barefoot marquee remind anyone else of Sweet Charity?

re: 'Defy Gravity Tour'
 Dec 31 2005, 12:42:03 AM
Limited liability company. It's a business structure that protects investors from losing more than their investment.
re: performing on a raked stage
 Dec 30 2005, 11:42:57 PM
I guess it depends on what show and how much of a rake. I didn't have any issues doing Arcadia on a rake, but tapping in 42nd Street was a whole other story!
re: Sunset Boulevard pool effect question
 Dec 30 2005, 11:32:25 PM
They use a scrim that's slanted 45 degrees. The actor lies on it, while other actors in the scene stand behind it. The rest is lighting. There's a great description and photo in George Perry's coffee table book for the show.
re: Name The Show This Cut Song Came From
 Dec 12 2005, 10:20:15 PM
"Old Dante" is from "Marie Christine"
 Dec 4 2005, 04:12:34 AM
"Gonna Be My Time" was from Dreamgirls, right?
 Dec 3 2005, 04:30:34 PM
Is "Where Does Love Go" from The Prince of Grand Street?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You