News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for carnimiriel

carnimiriel Profile Photo
Member Name: carnimiriel
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Have you ever seen a show and cannot remember any of it?  Feb 9 2012, 02:58:09 PM
I've even forgotten that I ever saw a show! My memories of the Chicago revival are from watching the original cast (sans Ann Reinking), but apparently I'd gone back to see it when Nana Visitor was in it. I still don't remember going although my sister insists that we did.
Cheapest Place to Buy Broadway Poster Frames?  Dec 12 2011, 04:15:35 PM
"Of course not. How else would you make money?"

And yet, I don't work for them, so alas, I must earn my money at my boring day job as a software analyst. Clearly I can't have a positive opinion based on purchases I've made in the past. That would be too suspicious.

Cheapest Place to Buy Broadway Poster Frames?  Dec 12 2011, 02:35:48 PM
I also use Hollywood Poster Frames for both window cards and playbills. For playbills, they sell with or without mats, so it depends on what look you prefer. They essentially cut the frames to order, so they can handle odd sizes too. I had a gala poster from Billy Elliot in London that I gave them the measurements for and it fits perfectly. If I remember correctly, if you order above a certain amount, shipping is free. Sue Heim is very friendly and helpful, so an unreserved recommendation f
Sondheim vs. Porgy & Bess - YIKES!  Aug 11 2011, 01:47:49 PM
The producers didn't give a real response. Not unless they're trying to act like they're taking the high road by not addressing specific concerns raised in Sondheim's letter.
Old Playbill.COM Live Chat on AOL Reunion  May 31 2011, 05:07:07 PM
Oh I remember this! You're talking about the chatroom moderated by Jenny Lyn Bader, right? My screen name then was Arch8ngl. That was the first time I got to chat with other Broadway fans and really feel how much of a community this was. Oh for those more innocent days...
Aarons last  Jan 6 2010, 01:04:50 AM
Michael Greif was sitting in front of me. Mid center orch. He actually giggled when Aaron walked out in his boxers and towel and people screamed.
The New Billy Elliot Love Thread  Oct 8 2009, 03:37:54 PM
Btw, anybody know how the "See ya (real names)" goodbye between Micheal and Billy during a Billy's last show got started? Did it originate with a particular Billy (i.e. Oliver Taylor) or has it been around more or less since the beginning?

I don't know exactly when it started, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't from the beginning. I was at Joey Phillips' (Michael) last show in London and he and Leon Cooke didn't refer to each other by their real names.

re: Burn the Floor rush  Aug 10 2009, 04:37:27 PM
Does anyone know yet where the student rush tickets are located?

Thanks.

re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines  Jul 6 2009, 12:55:44 PM
Could someone please confirm whether they give out 1 ticket or 2 per person in the stand by line? I've tried to find the info on the Public's website, but it's not cooperating with me. Thanks.
Esparza vs. D'Arcy James  May 9 2009, 09:41:03 PM
Raul Esparza- 30
Brian D'Arcy James- 21

Evans vs. Kudisch, Esparza vs. Creel  May 7 2009, 01:09:39 AM
Daniel Evans- 13
Marc Kudisch- 19

Raul Esparza- 27
Gavin Creel- 4

Tveit vs. Gallagher Jr., Gets vs. Swenson  May 6 2009, 03:23:05 PM
Malcolm Gets-19
Will Swenson-23

Aaron Tveit-22
John Gallagher, Jr.-21

Harris vs. Wilson, Cumming vs. Foster  May 5 2009, 04:43:45 PM
Neil Patrick Harris- 18
Patrick Wilson- 13

Alan Cumming- 13
Hunter Foster- 20

re: The new Billy Elliot love thread  Apr 18 2009, 12:40:34 AM
Oh, I thought it was mic-related coz right after the punch, I could see Hadyn peeking out from the curtain at stage right. Whatever it was, at least it didn't take long to fix.
re: The new Billy Elliot love thread  Apr 18 2009, 12:29:14 AM
An eventful show tonight. Firstly, it's so great to see David again. The last time I saw him as Billy was back in Nov.

So during the boxing scene when Michael punches Billy, I think David's glove dealt a hard blow to his mic coz it was a loud sound and at the end of the scene (when he picks up the keys), instead of the ballet girls running in, someone offstage called David's name and he exited. They made an announcement that they were experiencing technical difficulties and brought t

re: The Billy Elliot Love Thread  Dec 12 2008, 01:46:21 PM
Well, Kiril was Billy for the 12/10 evening show (he was amazing btw), so 12/11 was probably Trent. Someone else could confirm though.
re: Billy Elliot - Rotation???  Sep 30 2008, 11:10:32 AM
If I remember correctly, when BE started in London, the rotation schedule was very hush hush and deliberately erratic coz they didn't want people to choose which boy to see. That's changed now but it definitely didn't happen the first year.
re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight  Jul 3 2008, 02:03:36 PM
Last Sat, a cellphone rang out during a quiet scene between Laura Linney & Ben Daniels. It kept ringing and when it finally stopped, Ben, in character, asked Laura to repeat herself since he didn't hear her and turned and looked straight at the person whose phone had been ringing. There was a lot of applause for that.
re: DON'T QUIT - 2nd ANNIV BLOWOUT JUNE 26!!!  Jun 26 2008, 10:12:02 AM
Anyone know if Daniel Evans is still currently scheduled to be there tonight? Playbill and the Don't Quit website has him listed, but BWW and the Don't Quit myspace doesn't.
re: Pre-Tony Awards TV performances  Jun 7 2008, 05:26:15 PM
Not really. I thought both morning shows had several Broadway performances leading up to the Tony's. Not just one. Perhaps for CBS, the nominees concert has replaced the morning show performances, since that is new this year.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You