News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theatreslut

theatreslut Profile Photo
Member Name: theatreslut
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
 Oct 10 2010, 08:48:10 PM
Well after a thoroughly enjoyable experience at Saturday's matinee, I was shocked to read the harsh words on this thread. I thought the cast was terrific, the music added a lot to a film plot that in my opinion hasn't held up so well after all these years and isn't as strong as Almodovar's latest works, and considering it was only the SECOND RUN THROUGH I was personally amazed to see how the pros could pull it off. Sure there were slightly clunky tech moments, some songs fared worse (like the Microphone) than others, and it does drag in places. But it seemed to me they were having fun, giving it their all, and the spritzy camp spirit of the whole thing was a welcome breath of fresh air. I thought there were only two minor flaws. The Spanish dialect was uneven, but when it worked, it worked. There was also almost too much fidelity to the film; I wish they had done more to mix it up as they did in Tangled Up in the second act. And I agree about Sherie's voice - bed smoke and herbal cigarette smoke and quite a bit of belting - that can't be good.

Read more: http://broadwayworld.com/board/postmessage.cfm?boardtype=new&boardid=#ixzz120SBcf00

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You